Like Tree9957Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Goodluck to everyone taking their cpats tomorrow. Get this over with and we're one step closer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Someone change the time on the forum
    It's right?

You need to go to your general settings and make sure it's set to "detect DST automatically" or something like that.

Forum Member

Physical exam tomorrow, on the letter in the mail they say these first 2 dates are practice but if u pass your fine, do we actually train and practice for a little bit and then take a time trial or just jump right in and take the test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Physical exam tomorrow, on the letter in the mail they say these first 2 dates are practice but if u pass your fine, do we actually train and practice for a little bit and then take a time trial or just jump right in and take the test
    Jump right in. No practice, just a 20 minute refresher video before game time.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Jump right into it....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Dude no offense, but what was there to protest on this exam? This exam was a GIVE AWAY and was crazy easy. infact, it had NOTHING to do with any pre-existing knowledge of anything. all you had to do was learn about the hydro verter and answer simple questions about it. So what was there to protest?
    Well the whole last section that was worth 50% is ridiculous, . No offense to you but Im not going to get into the conversation again. Not sure if you were reading this forum then but this was all spoken about. The test was easy. I had about 2-3 wrong on the first 4 sections and then like 17-19 partials on the "gimme" section. I took the advice of a well respected member on this forum to not lie.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    60 days and counting until letters for the run start going out..

Get ready fellas!

Get your last days of training in cuz as soon as Santa packs his bags and gets outta here its showtime for us January '14 soon to be Probies.
    when did the letters for the 1.5 mile run go out for the July 2013 class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It's right?

You need to go to your general settings and make sure it's set to "detect DST automatically" or something like that.
    Thanks MM

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Well the whole last section that was worth 50% is ridiculous, . No offense to you but Im not going to get into the conversation again. Not sure if you were reading this forum then but this was all spoken about. The test was easy. I had about 2-3 wrong on the first 4 sections and then like 17-19 partials on the "gimme" section. I took the advice of a well respected member on this forum to not lie.
    #repost ... I think I had less wrong on the hydra verta part and more partial credit ones ... I choose not to lie as well

Forum Member

I believe my insurance covered the methocholine test but I still had to pay something out of pocket ( I think $75 ).

The only emails I have received are recruitment newsletters. Nothing about a countdown to the academy.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

I have my physical this Saturday, the DCAS testing site is right off of Queens Blvd ? I drove past it Saturday but for whatever reason the address doesn't come up when I put it into google maps. I just want to make sure for Saturday.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I have my physical this Saturday, the DCAS testing site is right off of Queens Blvd ? I drove past it Saturday but for whatever reason the address doesn't come up when I put it into google maps. I just want to make sure for Saturday.
    Yep that is it. 34th St between 43rd AVE and Queens Blvd. Don't use Google Maps for it. It takes you to the other side of sunnyside yards.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I can't even dignify your logic with an actual response since you're the jerk who feels wishy washy about leaving his current job for this one if he has to wait an extra 6 months. You need to shut your mouth.
    1st off I don't feel wishy washy about leaving my job at all for FD. 2nd off, I don't know about what job you had before FD, but when your leaving a CAREER that you passed probation and are a permanent employee, a CAREER that you need to support your house hold, to start an academy all over again, be on probation all over again, and can potentially fail out and go from career to no job, you have to factor things in.

Those extra 6 months is the difference between being on probation still and being a permanent hire at my current job.

Maybe you live at home with your parents still, I don't, so the longer FD takes to call me, the more of a gamble it is to leave a permanent career.

Getting off probation when your supporting yourself, is a HUGE weight off your shoulders.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Ok my bad. I honestly don't even remember the last section or much about the test. All I remember is this test was extremely easy, and I left the test day thinking how is everybody not going to ace this thing. I really didn't think there was anything to protest. These tests, in my opinion are fair game. Somebody protesting something that I took fairly, in a way, seems like people who did worse than me are making it seem like I had an advantage over them.

But whatever to each is own.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    when did the letters for the 1.5 mile run go out for the July 2013 class?
    Good question.

I believe people ran from early to mid july, and the academy started July 27. So I think it should be similar in january.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

My gym buddy told me he got his packet today. He is in the 2200s. I will see him at the gym tonight for more details. Anybody else in that range get anything?
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    My gym buddy told me he got his packet today. He is in the 2200s. I will see him at the gym tonight for more details. Anybody else in that range get anything?
    Have you gotten or heard anything about the medical? I'm in the same list range as you and all I've gotten thus far is the intake interview and CPAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Have you gotten or heard anything about the medical? I'm in the same list range as you and all I've gotten thus far is the intake interview and CPAT.
    Same range as you guys and all I have received is the intake interview and CPAT dates. The highest I saw on here to receive medical dates was high 900's. And asking around at the CPAT practices, seems like no over 1000 has received dates for the medical or psych yet.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I'm in the 15## and have received nothing as of yet nor has a friend of mine who is in the 14##. If he received his packet it looks like they my have jumped several hundred (thousand?) prospectives. Or maybe it'll be in my mailbox when I get home from work :-)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Good question.

I believe people ran from early to mid july, and the academy started July 27. So I think it should be similar in january.
    when I went for cpat training, the guy told us the run will be the 1st or 2nd week of january
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

Perhaps he's talking about that letter from DCAS with protest stuff? Cause this would be odd if true...
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I haven't received anything else in the mail besides cpat. Not even that protest thing lol.

I will get more details about his packet tonight and let you know. I hope it's true bc that'll be good news all around.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I hope your friend did get his packet, because that's good news for everyone all around if the packets are going out to the 2000's

Forum Member

I'm 26xx I hope this is true. Find out all the info please

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone who passed the cpat today. Now I'm all done and just waiting for the run. Whether it be January or July I can't complain. Lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    I'm 26xx I hope this is true. Find out all the info please

He probably got his packet from "Better Homes & Gardens" about fabulous autumn planting ideas in preparation for spring, and this guy is mistaking what he said.

Not that I know anything about that...

Thread Information