Like Tree9513Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    My gym buddy told me he got his packet today. He is in the 2200s. I will see him at the gym tonight for more details. Anybody else in that range get anything?
    As much as I'd love this to be true I'm banking on your friend being mistaken. At the intake interview they're telling everyone over list # 1000 theres no chance for January. Starting to process the 101's would be awesome but with less than 3 months till academy start date it almost doesn't seem like enough time. Again, no way to know till it happens and I'm sure every person on this forum wishes this was true.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    As much as I'd love this to be true I'm banking on your friend being mistaken. At the intake interview they're telling everyone over list # 1000 theres no chance for January. Starting to process the 101's would be awesome but with less than 3 months till academy start date it almost doesn't seem like enough time. Again, no way to know till it happens and I'm sure every person on this forum wishes this was true.
    Let's hope and see what he says about his gym friend.

Forum Member

I am in the late 900's and have not received a medical exam letter yet. Should I be worried about it yet?
    My CPAT is Thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    they are processing so many people now who wont even be in the January 2014 class that it seems unlikely they'd start processing more at this point... but I hope for the best.

Forum Member

Is it possible that Maybe if they did send packets out it could mean their just starting the process for following class after January and July?

Forum Member

I was originally told by two of my brother in laws who are on the job that I should think January 2015, this was back when we first got our results.

Forum Member

It's highly possible his friend was either playing around or incorrect. A guy getting something in the 2200s before anyone else in the 1400s and so on seems unlikely. Then again I don't know but I'm sure more people in the high thousands on here would have been getting things.

Forum Member

My friend's dad called him while at work and told him his packet came in. My friend, in turn called me to tell me. Unfortunately, he went home to be disappointed bc it was actually my reference letter in the mail, not his packet. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. He is not someone to joke about something like that and he was pretty disappointed bc his dad told him the wrong thing. I'm sorry for the confusion. I really feel bad if I got some people's hopes up, but I was just as excited to hear it as you guys were and wanted to share it.

But this brings up another question. I could swear that the guys on the forum were saying that they only send out the reference letters at the last minute. Does that mean that they are blowing through the list numbers faster than expected?
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

My friend's dad called him while at work and told him his packet came in. My friend, in turn called me to tell me. Unfortunately, he went home to be disappointed bc it was actually my reference letter in the mail, not his packet. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. He is not someone to joke about something like that and he was pretty disappointed bc his dad told him the wrong thing. I'm sorry for the confusion. I really feel bad if I got some people's hopes up, but I was just as excited to hear it as you guys were and wanted to share it.

But this brings up another question. I could swear that the guys on the forum were saying that they only send out the reference letters at the last minute. Does that mean that they are blowing through the list numbers faster than expected?
    Depends on your investigator, some send them out right away and some wait to the last minute.

Forum Member

That's pretty good that your reference letters went out. I didn't hear from my co-workers that they got my reference letters.

I think the 2000's will be January 2015-july 2015.

From the hiring processes I've been through, I like what FDNY is doing. (I can be wrong) but it seems like they are only calling candidates that they are actually anticipating hiring within the next year. Other departments believe it or not, start processing people who in turn don't get called until a couple of years (happened to me). The way FDNY is pacing now, when they call you to process it seems like you'll miss 1 class at most and then be in the next 1. So anybody processing now in my opinion will most likely be july 14, and those not july 14 will be January 2014.

Forum Member

No sweat, appreciate the effort though

Forum Member

My investigator must be on the ball, then, bc I called today to schedule a day to bring the last couple of papers he needed and he answered the phone during the first ring. I. Was. Shocked. I've been reading about some of the hard-to-reach investigators you guys have had so I was totally expecting an answering machine lol
    vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I gotta say, when I went through the investigation process, my investigator always answered the phone, always. I was very fortunate to have him as my investigator......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Depends on your investigator, some send them out right away and some wait to the last minute.
    I hope you're right. I called my investigator today in hopes of any updates. No answer...again...

My reference letters have not been sent out yet. After asking if I should be checking in weekly to see if the reference letters will be sent out I was asked to NOT contact my investigator because he/she is getting more candidates and will be conducting a lot of interviews and may not have time for phone calls.

In order to reach my investigator after 5 missed calls, I eventually called CID and was told he/she was on lunch break.

I was told (by a close friend on the job) to go down to metrotech and see if I could speak to Mrs. Quinn about my situation. It seems that the rest of you are having a cake walk of a time contacting/ getting info from your investigators. God help me if there's a "How'd we do" survey after all of this is done.

Any advice? Is going directly to metrotech too drastic? Will it be a waste of time? I am seriously loosing sleep over how uninterested my investigator is in whether or not I get this job.

EDIT: And is there anyone around my list number who also haven't had their references contacted yet? How are you going about the situation?

Forum Member

So they sent out reference letters up to the 1100s?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So they sent out reference letters up to the 1100s?
    As others have said, there really is no standard way of them sending out letters, I'm in the 100's and my letters just got sent out like 3 weeks ago, while guys in the 300's were sent out like 4-5 months ago. It's all up to your own investigator.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I hope you're right. I called my investigator today in hopes of any updates. No answer...again...

My reference letters have not been sent out yet. After asking if I should be checking in weekly to see if the reference letters will be sent out I was asked to NOT contact my investigator because he/she is getting more candidates and will be conducting a lot of interviews and may not have time for phone calls.

In order to reach my investigator after 5 missed calls, I eventually called CID and was told he/she was on lunch break.

I was told (by a close friend on the job) to go down to metrotech and see if I could speak to Mrs. Quinn about my situation. It seems that the rest of you are having a cake walk of a time contacting/ getting info from your investigators. God help me if there's a "How'd we do" survey after all of this is done.

Any advice? Is going directly to metrotech too drastic? Will it be a waste of time? I am seriously loosing sleep over how uninterested my investigator is in whether or not I get this job.

EDIT: And is there anyone around my list number who also haven't had their references contacted yet? How are you going about the situation?
    It seems like investigators are night and day. Speaking to a guy during CPAT practice, during his initial investigation he actually asked to and spoke to the supervisor about how his investigator was treating him.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Since on the topic of investigators, I still have to bring my investigator a couple of pieces of paperwork, has anyone had any luck sending it by e-mail and regular mail when sending additional paperwork ? I don't want to take a day off from work if I don't have to.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Since on the topic of investigators, I still have to bring my investigator a couple of pieces of paperwork, has anyone had any luck sending it by e-mail and regular mail when sending additional paperwork ? I don't want to take a day off from work if I don't have to.
    I've emailed and faxed the paperwork I was missing to my investigator. I called a week later just to make sure he recieved it and that I was all squared away and he said he got it all and I haven't heard from him since. If your gonna fax or email just follow up with them and make sure they got it and it's sufficient otherwise you'll never hear a thing about it.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

I think maybe it's too drastic. I see your 400s which means you'll be January im guessing.. Did you give the investigator everything he needs? if so, then don't worry. I called to follow up with my investigator, and although I don't have any confidence in her at all, she told me point blankly "I have everything if something should come up that I need, i'll call you".

So I leave it at that and I don't call her. I want the job, but I know I gave everything I possibly could of, and the investigator told me she'll call me if she needs me, so im not gonna burn myself out trying to contact her repeatedly.

My friend who is 200ish on the list, told me he completed everything, and he hasn't heard from his investigator since march. He said he tried calling a few times but had no luck. He also said his investigator told him same thing that he/she will contact him if anything more is needed.

And I don't think reference letters are really that big of a deal. I don't think a reference letter NOT getting sent out is going to stop you from getting a career if everything else checked out for you. What if they send reference letters out and the people who receive them never send them back? that means because of that you wont get hired?

If your investigator isn't answering you, leave a voice mail, AND send an email. the investigator doesn't respond? no biggie, now you have your phone records showing all the times you called, and the emails you sent to dispute why your not getting in because of your crappy investigator. Now its time to lawyer up.

My current job that I have, the investigator told me the same thing, that she has everything and she'll be in contact if anything further comes up. Yeah I still called and she told me the same thing that everything was good and she'll call me, so finally I left it at that. And then guess what, she did call me when she needed 1 final thing, and it was all done after.

Just chill out and don't worry.

Forum Member

Mine basically said in a nutshell, "Wait until you have retrieved everything, and we'll set up an appointment." I am going to try and send him PDFs of some stuff and see if it works anyways.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I've emailed and faxed the paperwork I was missing to my investigator. I called a week later just to make sure he recieved it and that I was all squared away and he said he got it all and I haven't heard from him since. If your gonna fax or email just follow up with them and make sure they got it and it's sufficient otherwise you'll never hear a thing about it.
    I did the same exact thing it this seemed to be fine. Make sure you CALL and follow up though because when you fax something, I think its the same fax that all the investigators use, so just call to make sure your investigator got it and that it didn't get lost in the shuffle

Forum Member

Yes 2xx and as far as I know, and I would know, mine haven't been sent out yet. I confirmed in July all my paperwork was done.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    Yes 2xx and as far as I know, and I would know, mine haven't been sent out yet. I confirmed in July all my paperwork was done.
    I think you guys should contact CID or your investigators or something.

I'm in the 200's and my references and employers received their letters back in june.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Can anyone confirm this. After reading the noe for fdny promotional exam 2500, it states you need to have EMT civil service status to take the promotional exam and you need to have 2 years in order to be promoted. So this means that if I have only been an EMT for one day with civil service status I can still take the ff promotional exam but I need 2 years in order to make it into the academy. Correct? I know 2500 passed I'm referring to the next promo whenever that maybe.

Thread Information