Like Tree9967Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    1st off I don't feel wishy washy about leaving my job at all for FD. 2nd off, I don't know about what job you had before FD, but when your leaving a CAREER that you passed probation and are a permanent employee, a CAREER that you need to support your house hold, to start an academy all over again, be on probation all over again, and can potentially fail out and go from career to no job, you have to factor things in.

Those extra 6 months is the difference between being on probation still and being a permanent hire at my current job.

Maybe you live at home with your parents still, I don't, so the longer FD takes to call me, the more of a gamble it is to leave a permanent career.

Getting off probation when your supporting yourself, is a HUGE weight off your shoulders.
    Ok career guy, I guess your the first guy leaving a career to join fdny. Everyone has a right to protest whatever the hell they want to protest, its out of your hands. If they are successful with a protest then they deserve to get credit for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cody111 View Post
    Can anyone confirm this. After reading the noe for fdny promotional exam 2500, it states you need to have EMT civil service status to take the promotional exam and you need to have 2 years in order to be promoted. So this means that if I have only been an EMT for one day with civil service status I can still take the ff promotional exam but I need 2 years in order to make it into the academy. Correct? I know 2500 passed I'm referring to the next promo whenever that maybe.
    I would read the NOE again. From the promotional exams I've scene, you usually need to have a certain amount of time on the job just to take the exam. At my job you need 2 years on the job just to take the promotional exam.. I know a girl who is EMS, and she's on list 2000, so I asked her why she didn't take the promotional exam and she told e she didn't have enough time on the job to be on the promotional exam. She's been EMS I'd say around close to 2 years now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Ok career guy, I guess your the first guy leaving a career to join fdny. Everyone has a right to protest whatever the hell they want to protest, its out of your hands. If they are successful with a protest then they deserve to get credit for it.
    im not.. that was just my explanation of why i'd rather get hired sooner than later.

Ok my bad, I didn't remember anything to protest on this exam. but again to each is own.

Forum Member

You only need one day on the job to take the ems promo as long as your civil service status.

2 years on the job to enter the academy.

She probably got in right after the test was given.

Forum Member

im not.. that was just my explanation of why i'd rather get hired sooner than later.

Ok my bad, I didn't remember anything to protest on this exam. but again to each is own.
    So let see .. On the test the last section

How many times you get complimented by your supervisor or ppl in general for doing a good job ?
    A. More than five time a week
    b. Two to three times a week
    C. One time a week

What would you answer ?
    I remember you mention something about how you not happy about your supervisors or your whole job ... And I know inmates not complimenting you ..

Forum Member

I'm interested to see what effect our new progressive mayor will have on the hiring process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm interested to see what effect our new progressive mayor will have on the hiring process.
    Let's hope for the 5 man .. And for an extension on the life of 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    So let see .. On the test the last section

How many times you get complimented by your supervisor or ppl in general for doing a good job ?
    A. More than five time a week
    b. Two to three times a week
    C. One time a week

What would you answer ?
    I remember you mention something about how you not happy about your supervisors or your whole job ... And I know inmates not complimenting you ..
    ok just answer the question.. how many points was this question worth? I answered the question honestly, and why am I here getting called for the job? whats the big deal with this question?

And honestly what people do like my job lol no1 does, its just a good way to make a good income that's about it. And inmates in a way do compliment you, when they tell you you do your job too much and you notice that they never pull their crap when your there, they wait until the next guy is there cuz they know your not the 1 they can get away with it.

Forum Member

he will add more priority hires and make it harder for the OC guys to get in
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

he will add more priority hires and make it harder for the OC guys to get in
    Unfortunately I'm fearing the same thing.

Forum Member

Anybody have any luck getting thru to DCAS to reschedule CPAT I've called 50x between yesterday and today it just rings and rings

Forum Member

Im not offended and no big deal but just for conversation sake how can you not remember the whole last section and how it was totally arbitrary and had no right answer? it was basically separated by those who were stupid enough to tell truth (me) and those who's knew better. The whole hyrdroverter thing (basically the whole test)you mentioned and the 4 sections on it was only worth 50% and the other 1/5 was worth 50% and was filled with questions like "I work out more than 16 hours a week" and had choices ranging from strongly disagree to strongly agree.
    Hypothetically if they gave this same format with different questions a second time, Every Single Person on this forum would have a 100% on the 5th section (50% of the test) because they would be in on the scam. They literally couldn't pull the same trick 4 years from now.
    As far as the first 4 sections go, I don't really mind getting 2-3 wrong because it wasn't arbitrary nonsense. By the way, just ranting, not directed at you. I can't believe how naive I was to think they would really have disqualifier questions.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Im not offended and no big deal but just for conversation sake how can you not remember the whole last section and how it was totally arbitrary and had no right answer? it was basically separated by those who were stupid enough to tell truth (me) and those who's knew better. The whole hyrdroverter thing (basically the whole test)you mentioned and the 4 sections on it was only worth 50% and the other 1/5 was worth 50% and was filled with questions like "I work out more than 16 hours a week" and had choices ranging from strongly disagree to strongly agree.
    Hypothetically if they gave this same format with different questions a second time, Every Single Person on this forum would have a 100% on the 5th section (50% of the test) because they would be in on the scam. They literally couldn't pull the same trick 4 years from now.
    As far as the first 4 sections go, I don't really mind getting 2-3 wrong because it wasn't arbitrary nonsense. By the way, just ranting, not directed at you. I can't believe how naive I was to think they would really have disqualifier questions.
    ok if that was the case, and those questions were worth 50%, then I apologize for criticizing protesting that. I didn't realize that 50% of a test was personal type questions. I truly only remembered the hydro verter questions, I didn't remember any personal questions, atleast not of that magnitude so im sorry for commenting on something I wasn't sure of. If that's the case then protest it. I thought you were talking about protesting a hydro verter question lol so that's why I was thinking what's there to protest.

Forum Member

1st off I don't feel wishy washy about leaving my job at all for FD. 2nd off, I don't know about what job you had before FD, but when your leaving a CAREER that you passed probation and are a permanent employee, a CAREER that you need to support your house hold, to start an academy all over again, be on probation all over again, and can potentially fail out and go from career to no job, you have to factor things in.

Those extra 6 months is the difference between being on probation still and being a permanent hire at my current job.

Maybe you live at home with your parents still, I don't, so the longer FD takes to call me, the more of a gamble it is to leave a permanent career.

Getting off probation when your supporting yourself, is a HUGE weight off your shoulders.
    1. You must be the first person in history to take a personal risk when taking the job, right? Nobody, NOBODY gives a **** about your bull**** excuses. Everyone is giving up something trying to get on the job. The fact that you think you're special because of it would be amusing if it wasn't infuriating.

2. I don't see how it matters whether or not you are probationary or not at the current job. You throw around those words like there's some chance that you wouldn't automatically get off probation. Regardless, if that's enough to make you reconsider this job then don't take this job, you clearly don't want it that badly, you just want to trade up while you can... if it's convenient.

3. Excellent strawman. I must not have a valid argument because you'd like me to be 21 and in my parent's basement. I waited 8 years to get on this job and have spent most of it on my own. Not to mention I have a mortgage too buddy! Don't talk to me about sacrifices. I have a hard time not dipping into my (ever decreasing) savings each month because I took such a huge paycut to be here. We all give up something to be here.

Ok my bad. I honestly don't even remember the last section or much about the test. All I remember is this test was extremely easy, and I left the test day thinking how is everybody not going to ace this thing. I really didn't think there was anything to protest. These tests, in my opinion are fair game. Somebody protesting something that I took fairly, in a way, seems like people who did worse than me are making it seem like I had an advantage over them.

But whatever to each is own.
    This makes no sense at all. Protests are standard civil service practice, regardless of what you thought of this civil service exam. Everyone gets a chance to look and if they see something they disagree with then so be it. Doesn't mean they're automatically getting the points, just making a counter argument to whatever the "correct" answer is. I know I protested one or two questions, I don't remember what though.

Quote Originally Posted by cody111 View Post
    Can anyone confirm this. After reading the noe for fdny promotional exam 2500, it states you need to have EMT civil service status to take the promotional exam and you need to have 2 years in order to be promoted. So this means that if I have only been an EMT for one day with civil service status I can still take the ff promotional exam but I need 2 years in order to make it into the academy. Correct? I know 2500 passed I'm referring to the next promo whenever that maybe.
    Your interpretation is correct.

I would read the NOE again. From the promotional exams I've scene, you usually need to have a certain amount of time on the job just to take the exam. At my job you need 2 years on the job just to take the promotional exam.. I know a girl who is EMS, and she's on list 2000, so I asked her why she didn't take the promotional exam and she told e she didn't have enough time on the job to be on the promotional exam. She's been EMS I'd say around close to 2 years now.
    I would read the NOE again if I were you because you're completely wrong. Why the **** are you giving advice for something you don't know anything about? The only thing you've shown yourself qualified to give advice on is a future career in DOC. Your friend may have been hired provisionally and thus not civil service when the filing came around, or your friend might just be wrong. I know more than a few former coworkers that didn't file for #2500 out of an erroneous belief that they were ineligible.

So the gibberish argument quoted above is false, you're just selfish and don't want anyone to possibly move ahead you on the list. You have a great list #. You will get reached and (presumably) hired. The fact that you're bitching about possibly just missing a class and having to wait 6 months is insulting to all the guys who hang out here that know they're too far down to ever be reached, or to the guys who were slated to be hired in 2008 and then got denied mere weeks before they were supposed to go in.

What effect could he have? Look how much effect Bloomberg has had while trying to actively fight Garaufis. De Blasio has laid no concrete plans so far, and I believe that's because as soon as he shows up at City Hall and realizes just how complex running the city is he'll keep most things the same and trust the technocrats. De Blasio has at least shown a potential to negotiate with the unions, whereas Lhota made it clear he was going to war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Let's hope for the 5 man .. And for an extension on the life of 2000
    The 5th man is never coming back. We've managed for years now without. From everything I've heard it's more likely that they'll go after the 5th man on the truck before restoring the 5th man on the engine.

Forum Member

Yea neither one of these candidates were going to be good for us. I think diblasio is the worse of the two though. We'll see. It's all a big joke anyway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Yea neither one of these candidates were going to be good for us. I think diblasio is the worse of the two though. We'll see. It's all a big joke anyway.
    Worst?? (you do mean worst, right? not gonna be no gramma nazi) I believe MM is correct when he says DiBlasio will keep things the way they are as far as the hiring process. Unless you're not worried about stop-and-frisk, it is very important about who takes office.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    How is DiBlasio the worse of the two when Lhota thinks cops and firefighters are overpaid and that public pensions are destroying the city and country ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Lol. It is worse!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    How is DiBlasio the worse of the two when Lhota thinks cops and firefighters are overpaid and that public pensions are destroying the city and country ?
    He was talking about Port-Authority cops being paid more than NYPD. It was a stupid quote and unfortunately, it really did burn him.

Forum Member

I'm in shape, and my list number is 46**. Hopefully no bull**** happens soon where I don't havve a shot at this anymore.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quick question, does anyone know what kind of documentation they need from your doctor to postpone the cpat? What kind of medical documentation is enough? Thnx

Forum Member

What effect could he have? I don't know, he's now only the Mayor of New York City. He could impose quota hiring, which Bloomberg rejected all those years ago. DeBlasio is as liberal as you can get in politics and the phoney **** that keeps getting spewed out of his mouth doesn't make me feel good about situations involving race. I'm sorry but after all these years, I always have a pessimistic view on these types of things.
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 11-06-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Forum Member

What effect could he have? I don't know, he's now only the Mayor of New York City. He could impose quota hiring, which Bloomberg rejected all those years ago. DeBlasio is as liberal as you can get in politics and the phoney **** that keeps getting spewed out of his mouth doesn't make me feel good about situations involving race. I'm sorry but after all these years, I always have a pessimistic view on these types of things.
    The biggest problem with him as a candidate is that he's been lots of feel good speeches and no actual policy positions. It reminds me of Obama's promise to close Guantanamo. As soon as he got into office and got the full briefing on whatever the hell the CIA and DoD are doing in the Middle East that position magically changed. I don't really think De Blasio is going to shake that many thing ups, but time will tell.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks, one more question in regards to the ems promo. It would be great if someone who went this route can give some insight. What if you are on the ems promo list and your number gets called for the academy and you don't have the 2 years yet, but you will in a couple months. Do they put you on hold for for the next academy once you have the required amount of time or is that it game over.

Forum Member

This makes no sense at all. Protests are standard civil service practice, regardless of what you thought of this civil service exam. Everyone gets a chance to look and if they see something they disagree with then so be it. Doesn't mean they're automatically getting the points, just making a counter argument to whatever the "correct" answer is. I know I protested one or two questions, I don't remember what though.

This makes sense, because if they do change an answer and award additional credit to 1, they will change that for all. How did the last "protest" of an FDNY exam turn out?

Your interpretation is correct.

I would read the NOE again if I were you because you're completely wrong. Why the **** are you giving advice for something you don't know anything about? The only thing you've shown yourself qualified to give advice on is a future career in DOC. Your friend may have been hired provisionally and thus not civil service when the filing came around, or your friend might just be wrong. I know more than a few former coworkers that didn't file for #2500 out of an erroneous belief that they were ineligible.

No, not just DOC, a lot of city agencies are that way. NYPD you need a certain amount of time on job before taking sergeants test, FDNY you need a certain amount of time on job before you can take LT. test. I didn't answer the question with wrong info, I said this is how other agencies do it, double check and make sure FDNY isn't doing it the same way with this promo exam.

Thread Information