Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

1) It's crazy that they would try to take staffing from the Truck.

2) I don't believe this protest session is an actual session where you can protest questions. There was a protest session a while back, where they allowed you to review your test and protest what you disagreed with. I believe this session is a pure reading of what protests were granted, an explanation as to why those protests were granted and what credit was given. Nothing more.

3) If I recall correctly, there were several versions of the exam. The questions on that last part were fairly subjective (and some, I thought, pretty hokey). But, I don't recall any, on the version I had, that required lying. It sounds like the other versions were quite different.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    1) It's crazy that they would try to take staffing from the Truck.

2) I don't believe this protest session is an actual session where you can protest questions. There was a protest session a while back, where they allowed you to review your test and protest what you disagreed with. I believe this session is a pure reading of what protests were granted, an explanation as to why those protests were granted and what credit was given. Nothing more.

3) If I recall correctly, there were several versions of the exam. The questions on that last part were fairly subjective (and some, I thought, pretty hokey). But, I don't recall any, on the version I had, that required lying. It sounds like the other versions were quite different.
    I think you're right on #2. That's exactly how I read it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cody111 View Post
    Thanks, one more question in regards to the ems promo. It would be great if someone who went this route can give some insight. What if you are on the ems promo list and your number gets called for the academy and you don't have the 2 years yet, but you will in a couple months. Do they put you on hold for for the next academy once you have the required amount of time or is that it game over.
    This happened with list 2500. You're skipped over till you have the 2 years needed and then once you do have it you go into the next class that they put in. Honestly not a huge deal because the entire hiring process takes a while anyways, so a good amount of that time is killed by just waiting for the city to do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    No, not just DOC, a lot of city agencies are that way. NYPD you need a certain amount of time on job before taking sergeants test, FDNY you need a certain amount of time on job before you can take LT. test. I didn't answer the question with wrong info, I said this is how other agencies do it, double check and make sure FDNY isn't doing it the same way with this promo exam.
    How other promotions in the department, or how other agencies do it is irrelevant. The NOE is readily available online and anyone can view it. Why say anything if you don't know what the answer is for sure? Or when there are multiple people here that have gone through, or are going through the EMS promotion process.

Re: protest sessions. The protest period came and went, Minvera your understanding of it is correct. They're going to give everyone that comes a chance to review the test and see what protests were granted. Unfortunately you don't get to see what you protested/whether they entertained it. That's one thing I don't like about the whole process. When doing the protests you can't write anything down to take with you, so I know I personally forgot what it was that I protested as soon as I walked out of that building. Now, it seems kind of pointless to go since you have no idea what it was that you got wrong and whether it will affect you or not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    This happened with list 2500. You're skipped over till you have the 2 years needed and then once you do have it you go into the next class that they put in. Honestly not a huge deal because the entire hiring process takes a while anyways, so a good amount of that time is killed by just waiting for the city to do its thing.

How other promotions in the department, or how other agencies do it is irrelevant. The NOE is readily available online and anyone can view it. Why say anything if you don't know what the answer is for sure? Or when there are multiple people here that have gone through, or are going through the EMS promotion process.

Re: protest sessions. The protest period came and went, Minvera your understanding of it is correct. They're going to give everyone that comes a chance to review the test and see what protests were granted. Unfortunately you don't get to see what you protested/whether they entertained it. That's one thing I don't like about the whole process. When doing the protests you can't write anything down to take with you, so I know I personally forgot what it was that I protested as soon as I walked out of that building. Now, it seems kind of pointless to go since you have no idea what it was that you got wrong and whether it will affect you or not.
    Once I read the notice and understood it, I figured there was almost no point in going as well.

How's the job treating you?

Forum Member

Took and passed the cpat. Nothing left now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    How's the job treating you?
    Excellent. It was very strange having a guy from the current class around for a week. It doesn't feel right having some guy call you sir over and over again when you were in the same spot 6 months earlier. Looking forward to seeing if we get anybody out of the next class or not.
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Im not offended and no big deal but just for conversation sake how can you not remember the whole last section and how it was totally arbitrary and had no right answer? it was basically separated by those who were stupid enough to tell truth (me) and those who's knew better. The whole hyrdroverter thing (basically the whole test)you mentioned and the 4 sections on it was only worth 50% and the other 1/5 was worth 50% and was filled with questions like "I work out more than 16 hours a week" and had choices ranging from strongly disagree to strongly agree.
    Hypothetically if they gave this same format with different questions a second time, Every Single Person on this forum would have a 100% on the 5th section (50% of the test) because they would be in on the scam. They literally couldn't pull the same trick 4 years from now.
    As far as the first 4 sections go, I don't really mind getting 2-3 wrong because it wasn't arbitrary nonsense. By the way, just ranting, not directed at you. I can't believe how naive I was to think they would really have disqualifier questions.
    I completely agree with you. I scored a perfect score on the sections referencing the "hydraverter" but because I chose to follow the advice of telling the truth with regards to your situation and not just lying through my teeth to over sell yourself and as a result I'm a few hundred numbers deeper in this list than I was for 6019.
    I chose not to protest because after our class off of 6019 was cancelled I figured that whatever results the powers that be wanted for this exam they were gonna get them regardless.

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to agree with Brooklyn and got carried away. Back to keeping my mouth shut and busting my *** hopefully for July's class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I completely agree with you. I scored a perfect score on the sections referencing the "hydraverter" but because I chose to follow the advice of telling the truth with regards to your situation and not just lying through my teeth to over sell yourself and as a result I'm a few hundred numbers deeper in this list than I was for 6019.
    I chose not to protest because after our class off of 6019 was cancelled I figured that whatever results the powers that be wanted for this exam they were gonna get them regardless.

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to agree with Brooklyn and got carried away. Back to keeping my mouth shut and busting my *** hopefully for July's class.
    What's your list number around if you don't mind me asking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    What's your list number around if you don't mind me asking?
    In the early 14xx's

Forum Member

Passed the CPAT today, lets hope they reach the 800's for this academy class

Forum Member

Hey guys just checking in and seeing if anyone in 1400's (score 101) and up received their packets or CPAT orientation. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrd157 View Post
    Hey guys just checking in and seeing if anyone in 1400's (score 101) and up received their packets or CPAT orientation. Thanks
    Nothing at all yet for me.
    Low 1400's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What effect could he have? I don't know, he's now only the Mayor of New York City. He could impose quota hiring, which Bloomberg rejected all those years ago. DeBlasio is as liberal as you can get in politics and the phoney **** that keeps getting spewed out of his mouth doesn't make me feel good about situations involving race. I'm sorry but after all these years, I always have a pessimistic view on these types of things.
    Can he? I'm not really familiar with the bureaucratic process of this type of scenario.

Is it even in his jurisdiction?

Can someone shed some light on this?

I'm interested in what he's got to say about our exam, and I guarantee you he's got plenty to say, but what can he actually do?

I personally don't like this guy not because of his liberal views, but because of the way this man ran his campaign. He pretty much exploited his entire family. I mean think about it, does the fact that Lhota's family isn't interracial make him less of a qualified candidate?

NYC will forever be liberal and democratic, it's all about how much of it we are willing to deal with. Also keep in mind that this year's voter turnout on election day was record low, 24% of registered voters only came out. This is a quote from yesterday's NY times (http://www.nytimes.com/news/election...or-record-low/):

"Experts attributed the low turnout to expectations of a landslide. Supporters of Bill de Blasio stayed home because they weren’t needed – he won by an enormous margin. Supporters of the man he defeated, Joseph J. Lhota, didn’t vote because the odds against him were overwhelming."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post
    Can he? I'm not really familiar with the bureaucratic process of this type of scenario.

Is it even in his jurisdiction?

Can someone shed some light on this?

I'm interested in what he's got to say about our exam, and I guarantee you he's got plenty to say, but what can he actually do?

I personally don't like this guy not because of his liberal views, but because of the way this man ran his campaign. He pretty much exploited his entire family. I mean think about it, does the fact that Lhota's family isn't interracial make him less of a qualified candidate?

NYC will forever be liberal and democratic, it's all about how much of it we are willing to deal with. Also keep in mind that this year's voter turnout on election day was record low, 24% of registered voters only came out. This is a quote from yesterday's NY times (http://www.nytimes.com/news/election...or-record-low/):

"Experts attributed the low turnout to expectations of a landslide. Supporters of Bill de Blasio stayed home because they weren’t needed – he won by an enormous margin. Supporters of the man he defeated, Joseph J. Lhota, didn’t vote because the odds against him were overwhelming."
    So a technique politicians have been using since the beginning of time, using your family in the campaign, only becomes a problem when the family is interracial... guess I didn't get that memo.
    Medic2312 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrd157 View Post
    Nothing - mid 1300's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So a technique politicians have been using since the beginning of time, using your family in the campaign, only becomes a problem when the family is interracial... guess I didn't get that memo.
    I don't want to go into a political debate here, but I do agree that he threw his son out there. When you're #1 priority as mayor is to end stop and frisk (his intended tax for free pre k most likely won't go through w/ Cuomo), putting your bi-racial son on a campaign commercial is a bit of a joke.

Forum Member

Now back to FD talk, how long do you think it'll take to find parking near the phys site on a Saturday morning?

Forum Member

Now back to FD talk, how long do you think it'll take to find parking near the phys site on a Saturday morning?
    Get there early park under the train
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quick question fellas, slowly gathering background information so I don't get caught scrambling later on, on past employers, do they contact all past employers? I ask because I know that one of the business I worked at in the past has gone out of business and past supervisors are no longer working at former jobs or do not even know if they will remember me since it has been that long, would that dq or hold up my investigation?

Forum Member

When I was there for practice it seemed like you'd be crazy to drive. Take the 7 train to 33rd and Rawson and walk the 2 blocks north.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Quick question fellas, slowly gathering background information so I don't get caught scrambling later on, on past employers, do they contact all past employers? I ask because I know that one of the business I worked at in the past has gone out of business and past supervisors are no longer working at former jobs or do not even know if they will remember me since it has been that long, would that dq or hold up my investigation?
    I doubt it, its not your fault they went out of business and are unreachable. I worked for a few jobs that are no longer in business / former jobs that are in business but all the people who worked there when I did are gone so the current employees/management doesn't even have any recognition of me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mainly, you list all your jobs so that it matches up with the SSN earnings statement. They send out reference letters, but aren't going to hold you accountable or DQ you because they company went outta business.

Forum Member

Default Stair master Medical

Just an FYI the stair master at medical runs at about 70 steps per minute not 60.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by racerob View Post
    Just an FYI the stair master at medical runs at about 70 steps per minute not 60.
    What did they randomly bump it up?
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

What did they randomly bump it up?
    Lol, I don't know what he's talking about its definitely 60 steps. It sometimes feels faster I guess depending on the type of stairmill you trained on but I used the nysc ones and it's the same 60steps/min
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I doubt it, its not your fault they went out of business and are unreachable. I worked for a few jobs that are no longer in business / former jobs that are in business but all the people who worked there when I did are gone so the current employees/management doesn't even have any recognition of me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mainly, you list all your jobs so that it matches up with the SSN earnings statement. They send out reference letters, but aren't going to hold you accountable or DQ you because they company went outta business.
    Hey all, anyone whom has any idea as to this please tell me. Manhattan Medic if you are out there.... For the above question in regards to military (one of my references will be from a former CO of mine) but as to listing former jobs none of the command I served with will probably still be at Ft. Lewis or Ft. Bragg - I mean the military has records of my serving there and my DD214's are in order but as to speaking to former bosses, how does that work? I'm not sweating it to much because I'd hazard a guess that there are many former military guys already on the FDNY but I'm just kinda curious. I'd hate to be held up because of that. Thanks and to all who have graduation within their sights: keep up the hard work.

Thread Information