Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I doubt it, its not your fault they went out of business and are unreachable. I worked for a few jobs that are no longer in business / former jobs that are in business but all the people who worked there when I did are gone so the current employees/management doesn't even have any recognition of me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mainly, you list all your jobs so that it matches up with the SSN earnings statement. They send out reference letters, but aren't going to hold you accountable or DQ you because they company went outta business.
    Yeah my investigator told me the same, she said we get back tons of return to senders because business's no longer exist. I think if your jobs match up to your SSN earnings statement and they can contact your current employer you'll be ok.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

They have it set for 60 steps per minute. But it is without a doubt faster than some other machines. I did the 8 minutes and passed today but for those of you that don't want to be surprised when it starts rolling (like i was) bump up your stepmills at your gym to 70 steps per minute.
    vekdoggs75 and VanCroon like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by racerob View Post
    They have it set for 60 steps per minute. But it is without a doubt faster than some other machines. I did the 8 minutes and passed today but for those of you that don't want to be surprised when it starts rolling (like i was) bump up your stepmills at your gym to 70 steps per minute.
    It's funny you say this, at CPAT training, the step mill feels much slower than the one I use at my gym and it's the same machine just a newer model at my gym.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol, I don't know what he's talking about its definitely 60 steps. It sometimes feels faster I guess depending on the type of stairmill you trained on but I used the nysc ones and it's the same 60steps/min
    What number is that on the machine at nysc? 06? I use the same ones

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Yeah my investigator told me the same, she said we get back tons of return to senders because business's no longer exist. I think if your jobs match up to your SSN earnings statement and they can contact your current employer you'll be ok.
    Thanks for the info what I am potentially worried if none of my past employers respond or give me a bad review for bs reasons

Forum Member

Afternoon folks, does anyone have a good contact number at DCAS? I'm stationed in San Diego right now about to go on an underway soon and my roommate back in NY called me and told I got a "NOTICE OF FINAL PERSONNEL ACTION DECLINATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT". Now, I called CID and they said they have me on the military list, but had an incorrect End of Service date. They said it was just basically a letter confirming I declined appointment because of military service, but said I should call DCAS to confirm they have me on the military list. So far I haven't been able to reach anyone at the number they provided. Anyone have a good contact number at DCAS? I looked online but it seems like all directors numbers.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    1) It's crazy that they would try to take staffing from the Truck.

2) I don't believe this protest session is an actual session where you can protest questions. There was a protest session a while back, where they allowed you to review your test and protest what you disagreed with. I believe this session is a pure reading of what protests were granted, an explanation as to why those protests were granted and what credit was given. Nothing more.

3) If I recall correctly, there were several versions of the exam. The questions on that last part were fairly subjective (and some, I thought, pretty hokey). But, I don't recall any, on the version I had, that required lying. It sounds like the other versions were quite different.
    I've been so busy but I've been meaning to respond to the question about the notice for the protest review session since there is a lot of confusion it seems...Your point in #2 is exactly right. The protest sessions were held a long while back. This new notice people got is only to allow everyone who protested any questions, myself included, the opportunity to go and see the results. This will not change anyone's position on the lists. These protests I believe were decided upon before the list came out. The notice says that the judgements on each protest have been made already and are final. So pretty much, if you're curious to see if any of your protests were upheld or overruled, then go. If you're not curious, then don't go. Either way, your list number is what it is at this point. And if it will be changed for some reason, it won't be because of the protests that were made way back when. That time has come and gone. ...Just keep training

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Hey all, anyone whom has any idea as to this please tell me. Manhattan Medic if you are out there.... For the above question in regards to military (one of my references will be from a former CO of mine) but as to listing former jobs none of the command I served with will probably still be at Ft. Lewis or Ft. Bragg - I mean the military has records of my serving there and my DD214's are in order but as to speaking to former bosses, how does that work? I'm not sweating it to much because I'd hazard a guess that there are many former military guys already on the FDNY but I'm just kinda curious. I'd hate to be held up because of that. Thanks and to all who have graduation within their sights: keep up the hard work.
    As others have said I don't think they really make a big deal over not being able to get ahold of all your employers. THAT SAID, I don't think the city looks for anything more than just confirmation that you worked there from date 1 to date 2. Maybe a few other cursory questions. Employers are not going to outright ask "Was Medic2312 an *******?" or anything of that nature. Usually contacting past employers is just about confirming your stated work history/experience. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Afternoon folks, does anyone have a good contact number at DCAS? I'm stationed in San Diego right now about to go on an underway soon and my roommate back in NY called me and told I got a "NOTICE OF FINAL PERSONNEL ACTION DECLINATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT". Now, I called CID and they said they have me on the military list, but had an incorrect End of Service date. They said it was just basically a letter confirming I declined appointment because of military service, but said I should call DCAS to confirm they have me on the military list. So far I haven't been able to reach anyone at the number they provided. Anyone have a good contact number at DCAS? I looked online but it seems like all directors numbers.
    Ugh, good luck with that. DCAS is such a pain in the ***. Keep on it and if you actually speak to real live people keep records. Like write down what date you got a hold of somebody, try and get a name. Get them to mail you stuff confirming whatever you discuss if you can.

Forum Member

Congradulations to everyone who came this far with the FDNY. I scored 100 and I am sitting in the mid 2300's in the list. I was wondering if anybody has actually been hired and is currently OTJ from list 2000? Also is there anyone else on this forum from the Bensonhurst/ Bayridge area of brooklyn with a list number in the early 2,000's? Thank you guys for all the info and your time, its mich appreciated

Forum Member

Hey everyone I forgot to ask if anyone has a rough ballpark estimate on their best guess of when I might get called. I knows it not easy to tell, just looking for a rough ballpark. Thanks again guys!

Score - 100
    List - 23##

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    As others have said I don't think they really make a big deal over not being able to get ahold of all your employers. THAT SAID, I don't think the city looks for anything more than just confirmation that you worked there from date 1 to date 2. Maybe a few other cursory questions. Employers are not going to outright ask "Was Medic2312 an *******?" or anything of that nature. Usually contacting past employers is just about confirming your stated work history/experience. Nothing more.

Ugh, good luck with that. DCAS is such a pain in the ***. Keep on it and if you actually speak to real live people keep records. Like write down what date you got a hold of somebody, try and get a name. Get them to mail you stuff confirming whatever you discuss if you can.
    Thanks again for the rapid response. You are and continue to be a beacon of information and help. Desire4theJob PM me, I think I can help you out with some contact information. I was in a somewhat similar situation with the previous exam. I just do not want to put it out there, the gentlemen that helped me is very friendly towards veterans.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    It's funny you say this, at CPAT training, the step mill feels much slower than the one I use at my gym and it's the same machine just a newer model at my gym.
    When I went for CPAT training, they set the stairmaster to level 3 for the warm up, and level 4 for the 3 minutes. At my gym, level 6 is actually 60 steps per minute. When I took the medical, I saw the stairmaster actually said 60 steps per minute, and its the same exact stairmaster that NYSC has. So whoever said theirs is 70 steps per minute, was either clearly using a different machine, or never training at the right 60 per minute level.

Now, on this stairmaster at NYSC, there is a workout in it for CPAT, where it does the 3:20 for you automatically where it does 20 seconds then speeds up faster for the 3 mintues, then stops after 3:20. on CPAT mode, it set it to level 5 for the 3 minutes which is 56 steps a minute.

Forum Member

When I went for CPAT training, they set the stairmaster to level 3 for the warm up, and level 4 for the 3 minutes. At my gym, level 6 is actually 60 steps per minute. When I took the medical, I saw the stairmaster actually said 60 steps per minute, and its the same exact stairmaster that NYSC has. So whoever said theirs is 70 steps per minute, was either clearly using a different machine, or never training at the right 60 per minute level.

Now, on this stairmaster at NYSC, there is a workout in it for CPAT, where it does the 3:20 for you automatically where it does 20 seconds then speeds up faster for the 3 mintues, then stops after 3:20. on CPAT mode, it set it to level 5 for the 3 minutes which is 56 steps a minute.
    Which nysc do you go to? How did you see the steps per minute?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    The number for the military liason at dcas is 212-669-7280

Forum Member

So I spoke with Mrs. Quinn on the phone. She is by far the nicest lady I've ever dealt with through this whole process. She was incredibly informal which made the conversation so much easier. All in all just the perfect person to be running this whole thing. Anyways I called in hopes of getting a thumbs up in terms of paperwork and she had a few interesting things to tell me;

1. Anyone who's references letters that have not been sent out (like myself) will be going out soon. She said that even if she only gets one of the three letters returned to her it's not something that will DQ you from this job.

2. They have yet to confirm/deny residency points for candidates. (SO KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK IN ORDER! you may need to be giving in more documents later)

3. The most important thing; I asked what she thought my chances were for January and she said "I'm sure as you know we're still drawing from three lists." And that around my number is the threshold that could go either way (January 2014 or July 2014). That got me a little nervous though. The way we were making it sound was that guys who got 103's were looking really really good for January but from the way it sounded Mrs. Quinn thought otherwise.

if you can't see my sig my list# is early 400's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So I spoke with Mrs. Quinn on the phone. She is by far the nicest lady I've ever dealt with through this whole process. She was incredibly informal which made the conversation so much easier. All in all just the perfect person to be running this whole thing. Anyways I called in hopes of getting a thumbs up in terms of paperwork and she had a few interesting things to tell me;

1. Anyone who's references letters that have not been sent out (like myself) will be going out soon. She said that even if she only gets one of the three letters returned to her it's not something that will DQ you from this job.

2. They have yet to confirm/deny residency points for candidates. (SO KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK IN ORDER! you may need to be giving in more documents later)

3. The most important thing; I asked what she thought my chances were for January and she said "I'm sure as you know we're still drawing from three lists." And that around my number is the threshold that could go either way (January 2014 or July 2014). That got me a little nervous though. The way we were making it sound was that guys who got 103's were looking really really good for January but from the way it sounded Mrs. Quinn thought otherwise.

Wow that sucks
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

How in the world is that even &^%^$$* possible? The numbers just dont add up unless there's some super secret PH list. I really wish we could get some more info from them as to why they seem to have almost filled another 320 person class and barley touched the OC list. At this rate after 4 years this list will be lucky to hit 3000.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

took and passed the CPAT today!!
    I3akdraf, vekdoggs75 and VanCroon like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Wow that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    How in the world is that even &^%^$$* possible? The numbers just dont add up unless there's some super secret PH list. I really wish we could get some more info from them as to why they seem to have almost filled another 320 person class and barley touched the OC list. At this rate after 4 years this list will be lucky to hit 3000.

Yeah I mean, she didn't back it up with any facts or information. She just sorta said it. So this could be as un-true as anything else. But it came from Mrs. Quinn herself. Just relaying exactly what I was told. Again, zero facts or statistics from her end.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    Which nysc do you go to? How did you see the steps per minute?
    I go to NYSC in Astoria queens before I go to work, because its close to my job, and I've gone to the one in SI a few times too, they both have the same machine.

When you set it to level 6, at the bottom of the screen, it will keep flashing different indicators, it will say level 6 for a few seconds, then floors climbed, then switch to steps per minute.

The sports club in queens has 3 of the same machines, which is the 1 FDNY medical uses, and the 1 in SI had 3 machines, 2 of which are the same as fdny, 1 is different, but all 3 say steps per minute, and on both of the different models level 6 is the 60 steps per minute mark.

When I went to the medical, it was the same exact machine, I was looking at the screen and I saw level 6, and then saw the 60 steps per minute flash. The medical is definitely 60 steps per minute, nothing faster nothing slower.

The CPAT training at the rock, I THINK was slower, I only did it 2 times, and I remember the guy setting the machine to level 4, and telling me at my gym set the machine to level 4.. a few weeks later was when I finally signed up for gym, and when I set the machine to level 4 I noticed it was only like 50 steps/min.

The CPAT MIGHT of been slower I don't know, because as I've stated, the stairmaster has a CPAT mode in it where it starts at level 4 and then goes to level 5 which is 56/min. The CPAT machine in my opinion felt alittle slower.

Also, was it just me, or did the vests at CPAT feel a lot lighter? the 50 pound felt a lot lighter than 50, and 75 really didn't feel so bad at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I had a really bad suspicion in the back of my mind that the PHs, EMS, and guys recycling would really **** over this class. I just didn't want to say it because I didn't want to Debbie Downer on here.

Forum Member

I had a really bad suspicion in the back of my mind that the PHs, EMS, and guys recycling would really **** over this class. I just didn't want to say it because I didn't want to Debbie Downer on here.

It seems like a lot of people are gonna get recycled according to the few junk nyposts articles floating around last month.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

There's really no way for her to know honestly. She has no way of knowing how many people will still not make it to the end of the academy and of all the people who didn't which will actually want to recycle.

There's not many Ems or PH left and who knows how many people didn't pass something in the whole selection process. I'm sure she doesn't even know.

You should never get your hopes up with this whole hiring process but I wouldn't get all worked up over what she said.

Forum Member

I get the feeling (and hope) that her answer is just a generic answer to not get your hopes up or give out any info. If I remember correctly she was telling us a couple of weeks ago that were most likely being considered for June (and we were all above 1100 and 1200). She didn't say we werent in January, just that we were most likely in June and the next class. So it seems like they all avoid giving and specific info or definite yes or no until they know for sure.

yea thats my biggest fear right now. with that being said though isnt there only around 60 max recycles at the moment.

Can someone refresh my memory on how many PHs and EMS are rumored to be around for this next class?

Forum Member

Also, was it just me, or did the vests at CPAT feel a lot lighter? the 50 pound felt a lot lighter than 50, and 75 really didn't feel so bad at all.
    I've been saying this, the 75 pound vest at the CPAT pratice feels much lighter than the 65 LBS vest I've been training with, but it probably has to do with how the weight is distributed.
    VanCroon, John246 and JDNY13 like this.
    List # 11xx

Thread Information