Like Tree11241Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Anybody around the low 1000s get letter for medical yet?
    At the cpat yesterday someone was saying their friend in the 1050's got his medical notice.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Under 13 to get in
    13 to get in and 12 to get out

Forum Member

So when is it going to end????? These people are getting 5,6,7 chances and I got screwed getting a 101 in 2009.... Where is my back pay????? Where is my handout???????

MembersZone Subscriber

A buddy of mine sprained his ankle. Does anyone know what kind of medical a documents need to be sent? To what extent? He wants to defer the cpat

Forum Member

Who gets to drive the truck?!!!??! My inner child has been screaming this for too long. I cant hold it in much longer.

Forum Member

Lol Usually a more experienced member at the house that has spent years in that house in that particular neiborhood. The driver of the rig has to know the area like the back of his hand, knows the quickest routes, least congested roads, things of that nature. Usually a real veteran of a particular firehouse.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tripps82 View Post
    Anyone know where to find the updated 2000 list? i think it changed sometime around May-July this year to reflect the changes guys had in their points. I cannot find it anywhere.

Next class - hopefully you guys have been taking everyone's advice in preparing yourselves....the academy is a gut check for all the people who want to get onto the job. Summer class was pretty brutal and winter will be no different. Start your cardio now...endurance is the name of the game on the rock.

January will be here before you know it...and soon you could be will screaming F-D-N-Y!!
    Is there any truth to an updated 2000 list being out there? I'm having nightmares of being moved even further down the list.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 99
    List #:4xxx

Forum Member

Yeah, read this over the weekend. So infuriating. I just don't understand how its even legal. God forbid shes ever in a situation where someone's life is on the line. The only thing more shameful than her is the people who are apparently letting her skate by.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah, read this over the weekend. So infuriating. I just don't understand how its even legal. God forbid shes ever in a situation where someone's life is on the line. The only thing more shameful than her is the people who are apparently letting her skate by.
    at least she scored higher then a 25 on her entrance exam...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Is there any truth to an updated 2000 list being out there? I'm having nightmares of being moved even further down the list.
    The top 1,000 was posted here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t121675-587/ (FDNY Exam 2000)

No idea where this list was pulled from, but your list number remains the same and additional candidates are in there. Copy/Paste into excel and check the row and you'll see what list number you have essentially turned into.
    Last edited by jremNY; 11-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Its not going to stop here, she's going to get on the job, get passed probation (which she only has maybe a year or less left) and then when she can't do anything, she'll be given an easy assignment such as pushing paper work around in an office/ being at the fire house but she doesn't actually have to respond to calls etc.. and she'll will make the same pay as anybody else.

Im sick of it. I see this at my job all the time. Fat incompetent officers who aren't worth **** kept to stay on the job and are given a pay check to do nothing and the city can't get rid of them. We have employees who get to come to work 30 mins late every day, and sit and do nothing, and no body says anything or gives them a late slip, and then when it comes time to recognize employee of the month awards, their name gets mentioned and they get an award. Its a disgrace, and unfortunately it seems like the FDNY is headed in this direction.

Give it about 10 -20 years, and the FDNY will be screwed up just as much as the other agencies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Its not going to stop here, she's going to get on the job, get passed probation (which she only has maybe a year or less left) and then when she can't do anything, she'll be given an easy assignment such as pushing paper work around in an office/ being at the fire house but she doesn't actually have to respond to calls etc.. and she'll will make the same pay as anybody else.

Im sick of it. I see this at my job all the time. Fat incompetent officers who aren't worth **** kept to stay on the job and are given a pay check to do nothing and the city can't get rid of them. We have employees who get to come to work 30 mins late every day, and sit and do nothing, and no body says anything or gives them a late slip, and then when it comes time to recognize employee of the month awards, their name gets mentioned and they get an award. Its a disgrace, and unfortunately it seems like the FDNY is headed in this direction.

Give it about 10 -20 years, and the FDNY will be screwed up just as much as the other agencies.
    Don't say that! For every "Wendy Tapias" or whatever pseudonym they want to use for her, there are always 10 to 50 guys who willing to give it all to be on this job. Many of us have had to fight bumps and bruises to train for the academy and are willing to go through 100 times that when we make it in. So let those idiots have their stupid awards. The respect from you and everyone else on the job is what we're fighting for.

Forum Member

Manhattan medic ... Tell me this isn't true .. And if it is, lie to me and tell me it's not true !!!!!

Forum Member

man I wish we would start getting some concrete numbers on whos in this next class, how many PHs, EMS, and recycles there are left. This sitting, waiting, and lack of info (even rumors) is making time go by so slowly.

Ive been waiting 6 years for a shot again and I keep telling myself these next 6 months will fly by but time seems to be going in slow motion right now haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    man I wish we would start getting some concrete numbers on whos in this next class, how many PHs, EMS, and recycles there are left. This sitting, waiting, and lack of info (even rumors) is making time go by so slowly.

Ive been waiting 6 years for a shot again and I keep telling myself these next 6 months will fly by but time seems to be going in slow motion right now haha
    I've been waiting just aslong. Hopefully scoring 100 this time around will be good enough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    I've been waiting just aslong. Hopefully scoring 100 this time around will be good enough.
    I think youll be good to go, hang in there!
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Manhattan medic ... Tell me this isn't true .. And if it is, lie to me and tell me it's not true !!!!!

logged in for the first time in 3 months and this is the first thing I see and read. now that my blood pressure is officially spiking, i think i'll take another 3 months from reading this board. maybe this is just a bad dream.

oh wait, everything regarding the FDNY and possible employment with them has been a goddamn bad dream for the last 7 years.

Forum Member

Hello everyone, its probobly old news to you guys, but I just noticed that there was another update exam 2000 list that has been published with list numbers in between the existing ones. for example, you could be list number 100.2, 100.5, 100.7. Can somebody please explain this to me??? I looked a name on the current 200 list, and a person who is list number 15.5 on the updated list is list number 1597 on the original list. Can somebody please explain how this person was bumped up 1,581 spots in the list?? Somebody please help, thank you for your time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hello everyone, its probobly old news to you guys, but I just noticed that there was another update exam 2000 list that has been published with list numbers in between the existing ones. for example, you could be list number 100.2, 100.5, 100.7. Can somebody please explain this to me??? I looked a name on the current 200 list, and a person who is list number 15.5 on the updated list is list number 1597 on the original list. Can somebody please explain how this person was bumped up 1,581 spots in the list?? Somebody please help, thank you for your time.
    Someone correct me if Im wrong, but if I remember correctly its because they claimed the residency points later on. They still need to prove the residency points and Im sure some of them claimed it and wont be able to prove it, along with others who did the same when they took the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Shut the **** up, Mr. "I can't wait 6 more months". You're not in a position to criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Tapia is a disgrace. I honestly don't know how she even got in the academy in the first place. If after this long she still can only do the run in 12:23 I don't believe she actually did it in under 13 back in January. The fact that the UWF is sticking up for her shows some ****ed up priorities. She undermines the progress of all women on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    That person had their score adjusted (ex: was given residency points after the list was established). It's much easier to insert them into the list that way instead of make them #1234 and move everyone else down by 1 position.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

Oh okay, thankyou for the clarification, I appreciate it. So they allowed people who had originally not claimed residency credit to come out and cliam it now?

Forum Member

By the way..anybody on the forum in low 2,000's on the list an live in bensonhurst/bay ridge area of brooklyn? Just wondering
    SouthBK84 likes this.

Forum Member

That person was given legacy not residency.

Thread Information