Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    Whaaat??? No way I didn't hear that at all. I took mine almost a week ago, didn't get anything back. Did they say how you were getting the results? Through e-mail? Through their website? In the mail?
    Yeah - okay. Fair enough. i'll just chalk it up to a proctor who didn't really know what they were talking about. They mentioned something generic about checking with PSI, but I can't imagine raw scores, much less list numbers, coming out until the summer at the least. I'll just wait it out. This many years in, another month or two isn't gonna kill me.

Forum Member

Yeah the guy told me after 24 hours we could get our scores. Total BS.

Forum Member

We have to at least know how many we got right/wrong by the start of the protest/review period (May 11). Otherwise how will we know which questions to even review for protest? They could always not tell us how much each question was worth though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    We have to at least know how many we got right/wrong by the start of the protest/review period (May 11). Otherwise how will we know which questions to even review for protest? They could always not tell us how much each question was worth though.
    That's a good point.

Forum Member

I apologize if this has already been answered, but since the test registration period has come and gone for 2012 (in January, correct?), when is the next test registration period? Is it really 4 years?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Urban0627 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been answered, but since the test registration period has come and gone for 2012 (in January, correct?), when is the next test registration period? Is it really 4 years?
    Registration was from July thru Sept. 2011, with the Testing period between March to May. Usually a list with FDNY is established and valid for 4 years. Given that the next registration period would be summer of 2015 with the test being administered beginning in early 2016.

Forum Member

just spoke to my friend who took the test this morning. He said there were no black people at his location (that he saw), and more than half of the guys there were terribly out of shape. He said the instructor had no idea whether or not we would find out our score by May 11th also.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

just spoke to my friend who took the test this morning. He said there were no black people at his location (that he saw), and more than half of the guys there were terribly out of shape. He said the instructor had no idea whether or not we would find out our score by May 11th also.
    That's funny my friend told me the same exact thing. He told me that he's fat and out is shape himself but these guys were even bigger than him.

Forum Member

HopefullFF, you need to clean out your inbox buddy. I tried responding back to you but you've gotta do that first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    HopefullFF, you need to clean out your inbox buddy. I tried responding back to you but you've gotta do that first.

Sorry. I was trying to empty out my toilet bowl with a bucket and a cup. Should be good now.

Forum Member

Sorry. I was trying to empty out my toilet bowl with a bucket and a cup. Should be good now.
    I see what you did there...

Forum Member

can someone tell me which don mcnea book I should get... I see several different ones

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Registration was from July thru Sept. 2011, with the Testing period between March to May. Usually a list with FDNY is established and valid for 4 years. Given that the next registration period would be summer of 2015 with the test being administered beginning in early 2016.
    Correct, but it depends when this list gets established. I feel the game coming with this test too. Once everyone is done taking the exam the judge is going to have to go over every single variation of the test and then rule if it's fair. So hopefully that's sooner or later because I know we're all jaded and this seems like its gonna be a **** show.

Forum Member

Anyone know whats up with the veterans preference? What I mean is at the end of the test they give you another oppurtunity to claim NYC residency but nothing is mentioned about Vets credits. I signed up for both when I signed up to take the exam so I should be good but I didn't understand that move on their part.

Forum Member

I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130. It would really be terrible if the judge put the halt on this just because the people they want to take the test can't even show up for it. I flew from California to take this test because I want this job more than anything. It would suck to lose that opportunity because other people had "better" things to do on their test date.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=OnAMission23;1323136]I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130.QUOTE]

Interesting...I took it at studio square on the 21st and I got there an hour early for a noon test. Wasn't seated in front of a computer until 10 after noon. Id say there was around 100 people and the slot before and after both looked pretty full. It is weird that they paid all this money to rent computers and halls to have the exams and the places are half full. I don't buy that half the people that signed up are skipping out now. Maybe a quarter when its all said and done.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Desire4theJob;1323137]
    Quote Originally Posted by OnAMission23 View Post
    I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130.QUOTE]

Interesting...I took it at studio square on the 21st and I got there an hour early for a noon test. Wasn't seated in front of a computer until 10 after noon. Id say there was around 100 people and the slot before and after both looked pretty full. It is weird that they paid all this money to rent computers and halls to have the exams and the places are half full. I don't buy that half the people that signed up are skipping out now. Maybe a quarter when its all said and done.
    I was really surprised at this too, I was expecting the place to be jammed. Being that I'm from CA and not New York and not at all familiar with that area I was using the thought of this huge line of people as an identifier that I was in the right place. I got there about 1110ish and was in the door waiting in the registration line by 1115, as soon as I got there they gave me the red bag and the 2 pieces of paper and I was up the stairs. It was pretty empty, a little bit fuller when I left but not packed as I had anticipated. Could the fact that it was St. Patties have played a role and people would rather drink than test? Maybe

Forum Member

For you studio square guys. They were cool about phones right? Just put them in their ziplock bag? I ask you guys because the other posters were commenting on their experiences at a different location. I promise I won't ask again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    For you studio square guys. They were cool about phones right? Just put them in their ziplock bag? I ask you guys because the other posters were commenting on their experiences at a different location. I promise I won't ask again.
    I left my phone in the hotel room as every notice I received made it clear not to bring them and I didn't want to get excused for something stupid like that, but no one seemed to care at the test site. They just made you put it in the bag and under the desk.

Forum Member

Alright thanks...

Forum Member

Your allowed to have your phone but its to be in the bag before you enter the building and if it should ring while your inside you would have some 'splainin to do.

On slightly different subject....I was surprised with how many people didn't really know what the test was gonna be like. I heard alot of people get on their phones when they left, explaining the basic format of the test. I thought most of us knew the general format. Something I often forget though, the more time you spend on this forum you get the feeling that everyone is on here sharing information but in reality theres what 40-50 of us on here? then a few lurkers?
    Last edited by Desire4theJob; 03-24-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Forum Member

Question..
    Did all of you get that hand out from the PSI proctors regarding how to schedule a date to review the test. I try, and try but it keeps saying I am not in the system and I took the exam over a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Question..
    Did all of you get that hand out from the PSI proctors regarding how to schedule a date to review the test. I try, and try but it keeps saying I am not in the system and I took the exam over a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?
    Don't worry about it much as there isn't a lot you can't do it now. I scheduled it, then PSI canceled it. Talked to them and they told me they don't know when reviews are getting scheduled. So I guess it's just hurry up and wait for them to figure everything out.

Forum Member

I got it but haven't messed with it yet. I think most people were having the same problems you are.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Did anyone see people having computer problem at their test site?

Thread Information