Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 621 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 1215215716116186196206216226236246316717211121 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,420 of 23375
Like Tree9148Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Well that makes more sense. And they did get somewhat deep into that list. But a 94? Ok. Anyway, you should have been on them man. Like a pitbull. They go through tons of candidates and make mistakes sometimes. Guys on these forums can attest to that.
    You're right. I should have been more on top of the situation. At that time in my life, I didn't have that "sense of urgency" because I had a decent job and was comfortable. But things change quickly in this life. LoL. Everything happens for a reason though. I wish everyone on here the best of luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Thanks for your input.. can you explain to me how the schedule works, like do you work a 4 and 2 type of schedule etc.. and how are the hours..

Also, what is fringe pay? I read that on the fdny website as part of the salary
    Fringe pay changes a lot from year to year. Your first year you'll make somewherein the area of 41,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    I took the written exam back in 2002. Took and passed the CPAT in 2003/04. I was never given a DQ. I was just never called back after I took and passed all the appropriate steps.
    It was a competitive physical exam, the CPAT was not in use. Scores in the vicinity of 94 were the last people hired. You were probably right on the cusp, but they didn't end up reaching you.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Wait a minute dude....you took the test in '02 and started your process in '03 with a 94? Now I'm not one to start **** around this forum, it's smelling like rotten fish right now.
    At that time, you sat for the written, then they began the physical within a year. You didn't get your list number until AFTER that was all complete.

Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    I'm hispanic. So I'm assuming I was called with a score of 94 to fill their "quota". You can call it what you want. I don't need to lie about it. LoL
    There was no quota. There seems to be a quota now.......but not then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    At that time, you sat for the written, then they began the physical within a year. You didn't get your list number until AFTER that was all complete.
    Indeed bro. I friggin knew that too. It's been a long, hot week. My apologies to the poster in question...

Forum Member

The most important thing people are failing to realize right now was that there was no cpat. It was and FDNY physical agility set by their standards. And it was GRADED. They took the written and the physical scores and averaged them. It wasn't pass fail back then. Everyone who took the written had to take the agility in order to get a list number. So you could have rocked the test and did poorly on the written and never get called.
    Last edited by FuDsNmYc; 07-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Am I the only one who doesn't have the "personal data" sheet?

Forum Member

I didn't see anything either, I will check again before I go to bed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I have 2 questions I'd like to ask, the 1st is about the physical agility test, and the second is about aspect of the job itself, that im hoping somebody who is on the job can answer.

#1) what is the CPAT like, what does it entail? what are some things I should be focusing on now in my workout program?

#2) what is the job like in terms of hours and pay? Is there a lot of over time to do to help boost the salary? Because my current city job, the paycheck deductions are so high with taxes and paying into the pension, that I need the overtime sometimes to have a decent take home pay.

Does the FDNY allow for you to do mutual to take time off? and what is Fringe pay?

Bro not trying to break your chopps, so don't take it that way, but you are talking about the surface of stuff that we have all discussed in depth. I hate to be one of those people but you are better served going back and re reading some of the thread. you will have better answers.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arbrnrgr View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't have the "personal data" sheet?
    The personal data sheet is just something you fill out on your own to help you when you're filling out all the paperwork at the academy. They gave you a list of questions that you be answering like ssn's, nearest fdny house, church...that type of stuff. All the questions were in the loose packet that was handed out to us along with the probie manuals. Knowing all of this will only help you and save you from hearing an earful.

Forum Member

When you say loose packet, you mean the group of pages that weren't in a binder?

Forum Member

I've looked through every document they gave me and I don't have the sheet

Forum Member

Yes...they said to add all of that paperwork to the front of manual 1. In that paperwork towards the very end you'll see where it says orientation. Right below that you'll see all the questions that we need to know for tomorrow..I am assuming it is for tomorrow but better to be prepared then not

Forum Member

Yes I have the packet, but all it consists of are the Dept Regulations. Other than spouses or childrens social security numbers are there any off the wall questions we wouldn't know???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    When you say loose packet, you mean the group of pages that weren't in a binder?
    I think i saw a "personal data sheet" file on that link that has the proby manual from the FDNY website...maybe you guys can go ok there and print it out

Forum Member

Nevermind my last post...the file is actually called "orientation" and it states the following:

We suggest you compose a PERSONAL DATA SHEET to assist you in completing the many forms that you will be receiving during orientation. Some of the information that will be needed is listed below.
    1. Social Security Number. (Self and Spouse)
    2. Birth dates of your immediate family. (COPIES of birth certificates for dependents)
    3. Marriage dates. (COPY of marriage certificate)
    4. Person(s) to be notified in case of an emergency, i.e. Their address and telephone number.
    5. Fire Department unit nearest your residence if you live within the city limits.
    6. Prior civil service employment, dates and other pertinent data.
    7. Prior health plan and health plan number.
    8. Military service; dates entered and discharged.
    9. Veteran status.
    10. Blood type.
    11. The name, address and phone number of an alternate person to be notified in case of serious injury or death.
    12. The name, address and phone number of a friend or relative to accompany the chief officer and chaplain to the home of the person to be notified in case of serious injury or death.
    13. The house of worship nearest the memberís residence representing your religious affiliation.
    14. Clothing size; neck, sleeve, waist.
    15. Supply your own lunch.
    16. Lock for your locker
    17. Names and unit number of family members affiliated with the department.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Bro not trying to break your chopps, so don't take it that way, but you are talking about the surface of stuff that we have all discussed in depth. I hate to be one of those people but you are better served going back and re reading some of the thread. you will have better answers.
    no offense, but this thread is 621 pages, I don't have the time to go through 621 pages just to hope I find 1 simple answer that may or may not have been covered. And also, since I already have a city job, that I would be leaving for FDNY, I was just trying to get a basic idea of what kind of changes I should expect in terms of financial situation and scheduling.

1 of the things that I asked was about mutuals, and since I've been reading a lot of posts from people here who are going through the hiring process but haven't been on the job, I wouldn't of expected the topic of mutuals to even have been brought up here, since that's a topic people on the job would know about as opposed to people who are trying to get on the job.

So excuse me for trying to get a quick answer for a few quick concerns. And I don't know what you would expect from entering an academy, but being someone whose already been through an academy, its a big investment, a lot of time, and especially money as the uniforms cost a fortune, so I was just curious as to a few things that would be of interest to me in the process of leaving my job, and making that investment all over again and basically starting all over again.
    Last edited by John246; 07-22-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Forum Member

Made a mistake on the beneficiary form, I crossed it out and initialed it. Realized it after I had my witnesses sign it, too late I get a sig now. Hope that's good enough.

Forum Member

Uniforms are free with us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow, go on vacation and come back to find out I'm going to be "investergated". That's disconcerting, to say the least.

Guys, in the interest of keeping this forum a source of information for guys coming on, I'm going to say my last piece on the subject of PH's. Here it is:

You haven't proven that you belong, you shouldn't have been hired, and I hope with every fiber of my being that someone, ANYONE, with the authority to do so will ensure you don't set foot on Randall's Island until you can score a good mark on the exam. This isn't personal, and I don't care what color you are; it's simply the standard everyone who gets on a rig in this city has had to meet for the honor and privilege of doing so. You haven't earned it, and you haven't demonstrated your willingness to earn it. Period. No fair-minded person on God's green Earth can argue against that very concept.

Having said that, a very unfair-minded person (Judge Garaufis) has seen things your way. So, you will be walked through the Rock, you will find yourself assigned to an FDNY firehouse, and you will, one day, have a very close encounter with the Red Devil. So I implore you, I BEG you, for the good of the men who earned this job and for the good of the public you will be called to give all to protect, EARN IT ON THE BACK END. Be respectful, listen, learn, and understand that you MUST start at the very bottom, as all of us did. That means dishes, brooms, and pranks, but it also means we will teach you everything that we've been taught in order to keep you alive. If you can do that, I assure you we can forgive the PH thing, and that after the very first time you stare down a fire and don't run you will be our brother, same as any other guy who has proven his worth.

That's all I got as far as PHs. Remember that you caught a GIGANTIC break, and be humble. We'll find a way to work with that break provided you don't throw it in our faces. But if you want to be ****** like whymetoo, I guarantee you'll wish that judge had just recused himself and let a guy with a sense of fairness decide your case. Enough said.
    Last edited by teufelhunden36; 07-22-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Forum Member

Don't forget the $9.00 money order.

Forum Member

Can anybody give me some info about my post on page 618? Basically trying to find out if a DQ from a state law enforcement agency will hinder my chances with FDNY.

Thread Information