Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    wouldnt let me pm you for some reason.

did they let you see what youy scored? did you score under the 20%
    i think its on now. and i have the results myself but idk how to interpret them. i should know more by tomorrow when i see the fdny pulmonologist
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    You will make about 120k at top pay with FDNY as well. Probably less once they do all the hiring from this exam and the OT dries up
    your right.. but the thing is, it takes 5 1/2 years to go back up to top salary.. Wasn't tryna down the FDNY job, I just want to get called asap, I don't want to spend anymore time working and building up a career that Im going to leave anyway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    the reason I ask is because when I was going into the class 6 years ago off the 6019 list my investigator spoke to me prior to the class telling me everything was good and if things go according to plan then I should be getting a letter for the run and be ready to go in the next class. Now, things didn't go according to plan but thats a whole other story. My point being that yes there is a chance that you will not you are expected to be getting a letter for the run. That may not happen this time around, but thats why I'm asking everyone's opinion.
    This time around it just seems like they wouldn't have an investigator do that, because right now they seem very careful about telling people they will be in.. my friend is 400ish on the list, he did everything last year and he still is saying he HOPES he'll be January.. he thinks he will be, but when he spoke to quin she told him maybe, maybe not.

Im late 900's, when I went for my intake interview the range of people was 700s-900s from what I was asking around.. and when quin spoke, she told us we will 99% NOT be JANUARY, we are 50/50 for july 14 or January ' 15.

Now I did all my appointments from mid October-mid November. I really have a hard time believing that they would get me through the process this fast to wait until January 2015, or to be july 2014 and have NO SHOT at January 14. Why move this fast if I have no shot at January 14? But they are just I guess under forecasting us so no1 feels promised anything.

6019 they prob had a different attitude, now after what happened, they are being extra careful all around.

Forum Member

You will not make 120k at top pay even with an absorbent amount of OT unless you are a LT or higher.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You will not make 120k at top pay even with an absorbent amount of OT unless you are a LT or higher.
    Its possible. D.O.C guys make 120k with a lot of OT, ot rate is like $540 a shift.. I've scene pay stubs to prove it.. So if guys can do that much OT in a jail, im sure guys will and can make that much OT in a fire house if its there.

Forum Member

Just my opinion, but in regards to hiring the FDNY is doing everything they can to cover every angle. The wild card in all of this is the PH's and all the recycles, so no one knows how this will play out. So they're processing what appears to be up to 1000 just in case best case scenario and the list moves along like it has in the past, one probie for every 3 or 4 candidates. But they're telling people the worst case scenario, that if you're list number 400 you're cutting very close for January. As of right now, no one knows how the issue with the recycles will play out.

Look at the first class, everyone speculated at first that they would go up to about 200-300 on the OC list. Then it became, they're not touching the OC list at all for this class. When all was said and done, they went somewhere between 100-120 off the OC list for this current class. I know no one wants to hear, I know because I don't want to hear it either, but with all the wild cards in play here, we won't know a thing until the January class goes in. If I had to bet though, I would guess this next class goes into the mid 500's off the OC list.
    NycQ83 and apples&oranges like this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Its possible. D.O.C guys make 120k with a lot of OT, ot rate is like $540 a shift.. I've scene pay stubs to prove it.. So if guys can do that much OT in a jail, im sure guys will and can make that much OT in a fire house if its there.
    If you continue to bring up DOC every chance you get when you get hired it's going to give you problems in the academy and problems in your firehouse. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, the problem is that you're new here and nobody wants to hear about how it's done in the jails.

120k is possible at the moment if you're top pay, and you are in a battalion with a high redline, and you keep yourself redlined. By the time anyone in this thread, myself included, reaches top pay that will not be an option. Breaking 100k might still be doable, but there is not going to be that much overtime to go around once they get back up to a full headcount.

edit: I forgot the PHs are already at top pay. Hah. They still won't be able to grab that much overtime unless they go to a battalion that's really been hurting for personnel.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

This time around it just seems like they wouldn't have an investigator do that, because right now they seem very careful about telling people they will be in.. my friend is 400ish on the list, he did everything last year and he still is saying he HOPES he'll be January.. he thinks he will be, but when he spoke to quin she told him maybe, maybe not.

Im late 900's, when I went for my intake interview the range of people was 700s-900s from what I was asking around.. and when quin spoke, she told us we will 99% NOT be JANUARY, we are 50/50 for july 14 or January ' 15.

Now I did all my appointments from mid October-mid November. I really have a hard time believing that they would get me through the process this fast to wait until January 2015, or to be july 2014 and have NO SHOT at January 14. Why move this fast if I have no shot at January 14? But they are just I guess under forecasting us so no1 feels promised anything.

6019 they prob had a different attitude, now after what happened, they are being extra careful all around.
    Completely agree it does seem a little different this time around. I also agree that I have a hard time believing that they put most of the guys under 1300 through almost every step if their not gonna be in in the January or July class. I relly think if your under 1300 then you have a real good shot at July. All this negative talk and uncertainty coming from Quinn and the investigators seems to be them just covering the butts and that they don't know how things are gonna play out since things are so different this time around (ie. PHs, EMS, and large amount of recycles).

Stay positive though boys!

Forum Member

I swear if one more person mentions money on here, I'm going make it my mission to find you and weed you out. If you're money hungry, find a different line of work. Everyone has a family, home blah blah blah. Everyone has responsibilities, I get that. Nobody cares though. Fires don't give a dam how much money you make. I'm personally taking a $90,000 pay cut, whoopity do. I'd do this job for nothing if had to.
    My1Goal, vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Just redid the stairs at medical for a second time, passed....now just waiting
    River6019 likes this.
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    By any chance is your mentors name Chris ?
    Nope, it's not.
    Last edited by grizzle; 11-13-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    No. My mentor's name is Joe.
    Please no names, I don't want this thread to come back to harm anyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Completely agree it does seem a little different this time around. I also agree that I have a hard time believing that they put most of the guys under 1300 through almost every step if their not gonna be in in the January or July class. I relly think if your under 1300 then you have a real good shot at July. All this negative talk and uncertainty coming from Quinn and the investigators seems to be them just covering the butts and that they don't know how things are gonna play out since things are so different this time around (ie. PHs, EMS, and large amount of recycles).

Stay positive though boys!
    I have to agree with Tom, this a situation that has to be handled with care. If not, there will be another fiasco like the 6019 test and then we're all left in the cold. Hopefully, (and do mean hopefully because I'm certainly in this group) they will reach mid 500s for January and get to the mid 1000s for July.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Please no names, I don't want this thread to come back to harm anyone.
    Sorry. I edited the post.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    I have to agree with Tom, this a situation that has to be handled with care. If not, there will be another fiasco like the 6019 test and then we're all left in the cold. Hopefully, (and do mean hopefully because I'm certainly in this group) they will reach mid 500s for January and get to the mid 1000s for July.
    If there reaching 500 in June with only 150 or so spots for the OC list, than they should definitely get higher than 1,050 for July. There should be about 300 spots for OC guys for the July class.
    Unless I'm reading you comment wrong and by mid 1000s you mean 1500 and not 1050. If that's the case then disregard everything I just said and I agree with you then lol.

Forum Member

Hey guys, anyone on here ever had hamstring tendinopathy?

I've been following the running schedule on the CPAT orientation guide, and 2 weeks in I have severe discomfort on my hamstrings. Particularly in the lower portion, slightly above behind where the knee bends. I notice the pain more when i squat or bend down to pick things up.

I don't experience pain when I'm running, but i constantly feel warmth. I don't know whether i should stop running for the time being and take the necessary steps to help it heal because it'll suck if I have to start the whole running process again haha.

Anyone dealt with this before?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    Hey guys, anyone on here ever had hamstring tendinopathy?

I've been following the running schedule on the CPAT orientation guide, and 2 weeks in I have severe discomfort on my hamstrings. Particularly in the lower portion, slightly above behind where the knee bends. I notice the pain more when i squat or bend down to pick things

I don't experience pain when I'm running, but i constantly feel warmth. I don't know whether i should stop running for the time being and take the necessary steps to help it heal because it'll suck if I have to start the whole running process again haha.

Anyone dealt with this before?
    It's actually a relatively rare condition. In order for it to be properly diagnosed you'd have to get an MRI. I was not aware of it till I volunteered in the medical tent at Central Park for this past marathon. One of the P.A's whom I was working with who deals primarily with sports related injuries was discussing it. There is a small amount if literature about it on the internet but as with anything you have to be cautious with what you take a fact from "online MD's" - I'd suggest speaking with your physician; core strengthening exercises have been shown to be beneficial. Do speak with someone though. These are not injuries that just magically disappear. Good luck buddy.

Manhattan Medic, I've got a question that I think perhaps you might be able to help me with. Is it alright if I pm you?

Anyone in the mid 15##'s who lives in L.E.S, Williamsburg, Greenpoint areas looking for a running partner? With the cold to freezing weather fast approaching I think running in pairs can be a good motavitor.
    VanCroon and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Default fdny

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    lol what? where did you get this figure from
    Well my friend at top pay made 130k last year as a reg FF.....but you have to take into account the OT due to Sandy and the all the OT due to no hiring between the last class in July 08 to the jan 13 class
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 11-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    It's actually a relatively rare condition. In order for it to be properly diagnosed you'd have to get an MRI. I was not aware of it till I volunteered in the medical tent at Central Park for this past marathon. One of the P.A's whom I was working with who deals primarily with sports related injuries was discussing it. There is a small amount if literature about it on the internet but as with anything you have to be cautious with what you take a fact from "online MD's" - I'd suggest speaking with your physician; core strengthening exercises have been shown to be beneficial. Do speak with someone though. These are not injuries that just magically disappear. Good luck buddy.

Manhattan Medic, I've got a question that I think perhaps you might be able to help me with. Is it alright if I pm you?

Anyone in the mid 15##'s who lives in L.E.S, Williamsburg, Greenpoint areas looking for a running partner? With the cold to freezing weather fast approaching I think running in pairs can be a good motavitor.
    Thanks bud. Yeah, i'm gonna book a date with my doctor and see what's up. I think I'm gonna lay off on the running until i get word. I'm also doing the stairmaster with the weighted vest and this injury didn't appear until after I began running..We'll see.

I'm in the 1800's and I'm glad i caught this early in the game and not when I'm processing haha. I have enough time to heal.

Thanks again.

Forum Member

I'm a little behind you at 21xx, and I'm only swimming now due to some knee problems. But I live in GP and run with another dude in my range. PM me man.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Sure

VanCroon: who gave you that diagnosis? I wouldn't self diagnose running related pains from the internet. See a doctor and let it rest until you find out what it is for sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you continue to bring up DOC every chance you get when you get hired it's going to give you problems in the academy and problems in your firehouse. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, the problem is that you're new here and nobody wants to hear about how it's done in the jails.

120k is possible at the moment if you're top pay, and you are in a battalion with a high redline, and you keep yourself redlined. By the time anyone in this thread, myself included, reaches top pay that will not be an option. Breaking 100k might still be doable, but there is not going to be that much overtime to go around once they get back up to a full headcount.

edit: I forgot the PHs are already at top pay. Hah. They still won't be able to grab that much overtime unless they go to a battalion that's really been hurting for personnel.
    When I get hired I could really give a **** about DOC.

Forum Member

When I get hired I could really give a **** about DOC.
    Hmm ... Idk ... I think you love doc more than you think ... You should really sit down an analyze this whole process ... Stay in doc and give anyone of us a better chance to get called ;-)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Hmm ... Idk ... I think you love doc more than you think ... You should really sit down an analyze this whole process ... Stay in doc and give anyone of us a better chance to get called ;-)
    This is getting tired. John246 posted a slightly silly comment weeks ago and now he can't post without getting torn apart. He clearly wants this job so lets stop being internet bullies.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    This is getting tired. John246 posted a slightly silly comment weeks ago and now he can't post without getting torn apart. He clearly wants this job so lets stop being internet bullies.
    It's getting old, just read past what ever you don't like from someone. I do it all the time, no one is a god on here wether on the job of off the job. It's pathetic that were all here for the same reason but then people are who asking questions rip into another. the same with the aforementioned " forum god" , Instead of trashing someone who is clearly misinformed, how about helping them? I don't post a lot on here for numerous reasons but it seems like its going off topic. Let's be assertive in our goals to be on fdny and who ever can't help give advice should find something better to do with their free time.

Thread Information