Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 624 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 124524574614621622623624625626627634674724 ... LastLast
Results 12,461 to 12,480 of 20350
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #12461
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I just read firehouse, I loved the first parts of it


  2. #12462
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Have any of you guys OTJ read "Strong of Heart" by Thomas Von Essen? I just finished it and thought it was a real good look into the behind the scenes of what went on during 9/11. He even published some of his notes from the notebook he kept during that time.

    "Firehouse" was also a great book as previously stated by SouthBX.
    You'd be hard pressed to find ANY current or retired FDNY member with anything nice to say about TVE......f 'ing scum bag.....

  3. #12463
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Got the scoop that mostly all the PHs are in this class going in, only a handfull at best for January are left. Anyone list # 100-1000 train NOW like if you going to the academy because.... You probably will....
    Good to hear!

    PUSH UPS, PULL UPS and RUNNING! On deck!!!!
    NycQ83 likes this.
    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 103
    List # - 4XX

  4. #12464
    Forum Member VanCroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Im out of the loop, why is he a scumbag?

  5. #12465
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Good to hear!

    PUSH UPS, PULL UPS and RUNNING! On deck!!!!
    Wait.... No dips??? Shame on you bro smh...
    vekdoggs75 and coldblood92 like this.

  6. #12466
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Besides Jerk Alert and fdnyman, any other active posters going into this upcoming class ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  7. #12467
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    142

    Default

    If they were, its probably best not to hear from them.

  8. #12468
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The things manhattan medic mentioned are great. I'd like to add that gold bond saved my life in proby school.

  9. #12469
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    I was talking to a buddy who was on the promo list and went in last class. He brought up something I didnt think of before, he said that alot of guys who are on the EMS promo list are also on the OC list so if that is indeed the case then that may eliminate people in front of you on the OC list.

    Do you guys think all the ems pomos are on the OC list also? and if so is there an easy way to see how many are before your list number on the OC list?

  10. #12470
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I was talking to a buddy who was on the promo list and went in last class. He brought up something I didnt think of before, he said that alot of guys who are on the EMS promo list are also on the OC list so if that is indeed the case then that may eliminate people in front of you on the OC list.

    Do you guys think all the ems pomos are on the OC list also? and if so is there an easy way to see how many are before your list number on the OC list?
    I'd be surprised if they were allowed to take both exam 2500 and exam 2000 since they were identical. Since you only need a 70 to get in before everyone on the EMS side what would be the point of taking the same exact exam? Also seems like being able to take a test twice would be quite the advantage no?
    List # 12XX

  11. #12471
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I was talking to a buddy who was on the promo list and went in last class. He brought up something I didnt think of before, he said that alot of guys who are on the EMS promo list are also on the OC list so if that is indeed the case then that may eliminate people in front of you on the OC list.

    Do you guys think all the ems pomos are on the OC list also? and if so is there an easy way to see how many are before your list number on the OC list?
    I brought this up a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine is around 2400 and there are about 200 names on 2000 ahead of him that are also on 2500. He actually sat there and "ctrl + F" 'd the whole promo list with the OC list, don't think there's another way to do it.

  12. #12472
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they were allowed to take both exam 2500 and exam 2000 since they were identical. Since you only need a 70 to get in before everyone on the EMS side what would be the point of taking the same exact exam? Also seems like being able to take a test twice would be quite the advantage no?
    They were allowed to take both. But it wasn't taking both essentially. I was talking to a guy who graduated from the May class and he told me he simply put both 2000 and 2500 at the top of the application sheet where it said exam #. He was in the first class with the promos and said he was around the 3000's on OC. I'm sure there are many cases like that.
    River6019 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  13. #12473
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they were allowed to take both exam 2500 and exam 2000 since they were identical. Since you only need a 70 to get in before everyone on the EMS side what would be the point of taking the same exact exam? Also seems like being able to take a test twice would be quite the advantage no?
    I know you can be on both because my buddy in on both list. You dont have to take it twice you just have to apply for both test or something like that.

  14. #12474
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I brought this up a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine is around 2400 and there are about 200 names on 2000 ahead of him that are also on 2500. He actually sat there and "ctrl + F" 'd the whole promo list with the OC list, don't think there's another way to do it.
    Damn I give him props. Do you think I could throw him 20 bucks and have him do that for me? haha If not I guess I have something to keep me busy for a couple of hours tonight haha

  15. #12475
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I brought this up a few weeks ago. A buddy of mine is around 2400 and there are about 200 names on 2000 ahead of him that are also on 2500. He actually sat there and "ctrl + F" 'd the whole promo list with the OC list, don't think there's another way to do it.
    LOL your boy has alot of free time on his hands. That's great though.

  16. #12476
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    They were allowed to take both. But it wasn't taking both essentially. I was talking to a guy who graduated from the May class and he told me he simply put both 2000 and 2500 at the top of the application sheet where it said exam #. He was in the first class with the promos and said he was around the 3000's on OC. I'm sure there are many cases like that.
    That makes sense thanks. Good news for guys on the OC since that means there's about 900 empty spots spread throughout the OC list.
    mocon337 likes this.
    List # 12XX

  17. #12477
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    LOL your boy has alot of free time on his hands. That's great though.
    just another schmo with a boring desk job, lol.

  18. #12478
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Put the lists in excel and do a compare.

  19. #12479
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    just another schmo with a boring desk job, lol.
    Haha after I wrote that, I actually sat at my desk and pondered the idea of doing a search.
    NycQ83 likes this.

  20. #12480
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Put the lists in excel and do a compare.
    would that work? Im not a computer guy lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 24 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 20 guests)

  1. 101080,
  2. dem7191,
  3. grizzle,
  4. Jky9xx

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts