Like Tree9544Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #15601
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    ... You failed the medical process ? ..
    Curious
    no i didnt, just a friend of mine messed up on the second attempted of the stairs. thats y im asking. he didnt get to appeal yet
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  2. #15602
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Stephensm: you do know how to send a pm, right? pm=private message.
    uhh yea i know how to send a pm. i replied to the guy and wen i psted the reply it said there was an error and couldnt find the user name. so idk
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  3. #15603
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    haha I was trying to figure out what the **** stood for.
    What is getting bleeped?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  4. #15604
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Just got some letter from BHS with results from my lab report from the medical. It says there were just some mild abnormalities but upon further reading in the paperwork it says these levels are usually higher with young people. The notification just says your doctor will know if you need anything further to take care of this, and also says this is not a notification on my status as a candidate, witht hat being said should I still be worried about this

  5. #15605
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Only if you want to be. FDNY is just saying we found some stuff might worth be seeing you're primary doctor for but it's nothing major, life threatening, or DQ worthy.

    I got the same thing because my good cholesterol levels are apparently slightly lower than average but there's nothing that can be done or anything to be concerned about.

  6. #15606
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Only if you want to be. FDNY is just saying we found some stuff might worth be seeing you're primary doctor for but it's nothing major, life threatening, or DQ worthy.

    I got the same thing because my good cholesterol levels are apparently slightly lower than average but there's nothing that can be done or anything to be concerned about.
    LOL alright thanks, I actually had the same thing I just see an envelope that looks pretty serious so I kinda get nervous but thanks for the heads up

  7. #15607
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Called my investigator today for the 1st time in about 3-4 weeks.. yeah I don't feel too comfortable, she didn't even look into anything or know who I was. She asked my name, and then asked when was the last time we met and did you hand everything in, then she said "if anything comes up that I need i'll call you".

    She didn't look into my file or nothing, didn't tell me anything about my process or how that's going.

    Just a wasted phone call.

  8. #15608
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I would go to the doctor and get a letter saying everything is good. I got the same thing when I went through the process, and they sent something later on saying I needed a note from my doctor .just go and get it fine, just in case, you don't want to wait.

  9. #15609
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Sorry about the spelling, trying to type while, well forget it. Lol

  10. #15610
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    no i didnt, just a friend of mine messed up on the second attempted of the stairs. thats y im asking. he didnt get to appeal yet
    After he failed he should have seen the nurse and they would have told him what to do
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

  11. #15611
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Called my investigator today for the 1st time in about 3-4 weeks.. yeah I don't feel too comfortable, she didn't even look into anything or know who I was. She asked my name, and then asked when was the last time we met and did you hand everything in, then she said "if anything comes up that I need i'll call you".

    She didn't look into my file or nothing, didn't tell me anything about my process or how that's going.

    Just a wasted phone call.
    Same here. She said she would call me back the next day and never did. Now it's been a week I have been calling her everyday with no luck.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

  12. #15612
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    After he failed he should have seen the nurse and they would have told him what to do
    he told me that she said that an appeal notice will come in the mail within the week or so and take it from there. im surprised not many people here have much info on the appeal process. i guess thats a good thing lol
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  13. #15613
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Help

    Hey guys, I need some help. I have a list number of 33xx with a score of 99 on exam 2000. Any opinions of when I might possibly start hearing from FD. Thanks..

  14. #15614
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Does anyone else get annoyed by this, try reading a few pages man.
    CableGuy516, FuDsNmYc and JDNY13 like this.

  15. #15615
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Does anyone else get annoyed by this, try reading a few pages man.
    The past 5-10 pages have been either:
    1. People asking when they are going to get called, or
    2. Talk about pay, benefits, going out on "3/4s" all from people who haven't even been sworn in yet.

    Yeah it's getting real old.
    FDsouthbxNY and JDNY13 like this.

  16. #15616
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Received my blood work. The results stated 'mild abnormalities' found. I saw it mentioned briefly earlier but it wasn't really expanded on. What's the best course of action after getting these results. It doesn't state anything as a next step. Contact BHS? Get it read and approved by my physician? Any info is appreciated.
    Last edited by JohnSI227; 11-18-2013 at 08:20 PM.

  17. #15617
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Check a page back, I responded to this already.

  18. #15618
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Does anyone else get annoyed by this, try reading a few pages man.
    Lol it just keeps going. It seems like everyday someone asks when they'll get called.

  19. #15619
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Does anyone else get annoyed by this, try reading a few pages man.
    Isn't the point of the thread to gather information for the hiring process and or pass along information you might have? I've read through some of the recent pages and didn't come across anything that helped me...don't have time to read through almost 800 pages and troll on other people's questions

  20. #15620
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exam 2000 View Post
    Isn't the point of the thread to gather information for the hiring process and or pass along information you might have? I've read through some of the recent pages and didn't come across anything that helped me...don't have time to read through almost 800 pages and troll on other people's questions
    I'd guesstimate around Summer 2015 man. Anything could happen, but I feel like that's a reasonable estimate.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  21. #15621
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exam 2000 View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help. I have a list number of 33xx with a score of 99 on exam 2000. Any opinions of when I might possibly start hearing from FD. Thanks..
    We have yet to have a class consist fully of Exam 2000 candidates. Once we have those numbers, which we believe will be the July 2014 class, it will give you an idea of what ratio of candidates are taking the job and provide you with an educated guess as to when you'll make it. My advice is to hang around and see what numbers go into these next two academy's. I also suggest checking on this forum routinely and seeing what news is popping up. You're enough in the dark through this process as it is, so having some guys shed light on a few things makes it easier to get to bed at night (maybe that's just me lol). Good luck.
    John246 likes this.

  22. #15622
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'd guesstimate around Summer 2015 man. Anything could happen, but I feel like that's a reasonable estimate.
    Thank you!

  23. #15623
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    We have yet to have a class consist fully of Exam 2000 candidates. Once we have those numbers, which we believe will be the July 2014 class, it will give you an idea of what ratio of candidates are taking the job and provide you with an educated guess as to when you'll make it. My advice is to hang around and see what numbers go into these next two academy's. I also suggest checking on this forum routinely and seeing what news is popping up. You're enough in the dark through this process as it is, so having some guys shed light on a few things makes it easier to get to bed at night (maybe that's just me lol). Good luck.
    Thank you..good luck to you also

  24. #15624
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    We have yet to have a class consist fully of Exam 2000 candidates. Once we have those numbers, which we believe will be the July 2014 class, it will give you an idea of what ratio of candidates are taking the job and provide you with an educated guess as to when you'll make it. My advice is to hang around and see what numbers go into these next two academy's. I also suggest checking on this forum routinely and seeing what news is popping up. You're enough in the dark through this process as it is, so having some guys shed light on a few things makes it easier to get to bed at night (maybe that's just me lol). Good luck.
    He definitely said almost the exact same thing within 10 pages at most. Read people. When I first came to this site I read from the beginning just so I wouldn't be that guy asking the same question for the millionth time. Laziness people, it kills.
    ffbam24 and JDNY13 like this.

  25. #15625
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Three years.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 31 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 25 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. 4040clubBouncer,
  3. MuscleHamster,
  4. nptks,
  5. Sammy Bones,
  6. vekdoggs75

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register