Like Tree9513Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

From a friend otj.. 1/27/14 next probie class

Forum Member

I know guys need a break and what not, but I dont get why there has been such a huge break between classes. Correct me if Im wrong but this next class ends the first week of December so thats 2 months between the end of this class and the beginning of the next.

Forum Member

Not for nothing tht is a very Long time between classes...especially with all the trying to put in 3 classes a year talk

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Not for nothing tht is a very Long time between classes...especially with all the trying to put in 3 classes a year talk
    It does seem like a long time but where did that 3 classes a year rumor even start? I've only heard it on here so I never put any weight to it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    It does seem like a long time but where did that 3 classes a year rumor even start? I've only heard it on here so I never put any weight to it
    Yea I don't know where that rumor came from either.

I guess with this class starting at the end of January, the next class won't be until July (probably the end). Went I went yo my investigation they kept saying June, but I guess not.

Forum Member

They told us at the initial CPAT introduction session that HQ would like to do 3 classes a year but nothing had been confirmed. That's the last I heard about 3 classes.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    They told us at the initial CPAT introduction session that HQ would like to do 3 classes a year but nothing had been confirmed. That's the last I heard about 3 classes.
    You know what, your right. I forgot that they said that same thing at my CPAT orientation.

Forum Member

speaking of the end of this class, it really snuck up on me (unfortunately im not in it lol). Looking at the calendar they only have like 2 weeks right?

Good job guys and at least we haven't been hearing any new rumors on dropouts? What was the last number we heard in regards to dropouts? And do you guys think that was it for this class?

Again, congrats guys on finishing up in a couple of weeks, finish strong and stay safe.
    vekdoggs75, Mtk123 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

I heard the numbers were about 60 drops outs.

These passed 2 classes that went in, have different variables so it's really hard to base anything on it. I'm guessing everybody here is on the OC list. This past class the drop out rate is so high, as ALOT of them were PH's. PH's who were older candidates than us OC candidates.

I think the drop out rate will go way down the 1st OC class we have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    3-4 years.. wait and see what goes on with these next couple of classes. 33xx looks good because a lot of people seem to be getting knocked off. If they don't hit list number 2000ish by the end of 2015, then they might never reach 3000.

Unless they extend the list...still way too early to even start guessing who will fall where...in the meantime if there r ppl like me in the 4000s then i suggest getting in prime shape now so if and when the process does start you'll be ready

Forum Member

The list is not even a year old. Be patient guys our time will come.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

1 and 1/2 weeks left, I can't wait!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    1 and 1/2 weeks left, I can't wait!
    Any updates/info/advice for us?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Any updates/info/advice for us?
    Yes, when you feel like you've had enough, stick it out. I know you guys say you are ready, trust me, you are not. They will get you ready, they have their set ways, just follow them. I won't give you any info on the actual academy stuff cause you have to experience it yourself. Study, don't lose any part of your gear, and stay out of trouble, and you will have the time of your life.

Forum Member

Yes, when you feel like you've had enough, stick it out. I know you guys say you are ready, trust me, you are not. They will get you ready, they have their set ways, just follow them. I won't give you any info on the actual academy stuff cause you have to experience it yourself. Study, don't lose any part of your gear, and stay out of trouble, and you will have the time of your life.
    Much appreciated and thanks for all your help along the way.

Have there been any more drop outs since we last heard the rumors of 60?

Forum Member

Someone left today, we were trying to get info on why, im sure we will get some tomorrow. I don't know if his grades had something to do with it, but I would guess its something else. Why would the academy let him stick it out for close to 17 weeks, if they know he can't recover from it?
    Right now, it's study hard, leave with a bang, and get to our new homes. I know some are on the bubble as far as grades go, but they should be there at the end.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 11-21-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    NycQ83, ladder9volley and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Anyone who may be in line for January or July remember!!! It wouldn't be the best idea to go skiing or snowboarding this season. Doesn't matter HOW good you think you are (chances are, I'm probably better anyway ) do not risk it. Snowboarding is my FAVORITE sport but I'm giving it up this season. I recommend you guys do the same.
    infolet333 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Awesome man, thanks for the advice. One more question. After experiencing the academy, what would you change about your training if you had to do it all over again? (for example, more focus on running, less focus on weights etc.)

Forum Member

Mtk good advice. I'm looking at January and so tempted to get on a mountain next month but holding off this season. However, I can't help myself and need to surf !!

Someone posted about Master's Swimming, I joined a group on LI that does Open Water long distance swims in the Spring and Summer ( great for endurance). During the cold months I do interval workouts with a group once a week. IMO, swimming teaches you how to control your breathing which might help when you have to wear a SCBA. It's also a nice change from running.
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

The temptation to snowboard is pretty strong. Especially now that I know I'll be waiting till July. Even a broken leg should heal by then haha. Still I think I'll hold off this year.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I really hope getting these joinfdny emails about the countdown mean I'm lined up for January.

OAK
    Forum Member

I just got an email from FDNY stating the academy is 2 months away and to "exercise today". I'm not expecting to get called for Jan but it's hard not to get your hopes up when you see these emails :/

Forum Member

Hey everybody, I bought 15 pairs of Smartwool socks from a store which was closing, these socks are the ones MM mentioned earlier in one of his posts. I got them at a discount. I'm preparing for the academy now and trying to get everything I need. If anyone is interested I have a few pairs left, just pm me. Not trying to make a buck, just trying to help out others any way I can. Keep training.
    Last edited by ireedmymail; 11-22-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Forum Member

Where do you live? I'd take skme

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I just got an email from FDNY stating the academy is 2 months away and to "exercise today". I'm not expecting to get called for Jan but it's hard not to get your hopes up when you see these emails :/
    I joked about this a couple of weeks ago, sucks that there sending it out to guys who probably don't have a shot for this class (including myself lol). I'm in the 1100s and I get the emails so I think there torturing everyone who got a packet haha

Thread Information