Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1285285786186256266276286296306316386787281128 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,560 of 24102
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I find it funny that some of these PHs are half white..... I guess they got half discriminated against right? Lol... This whole PH thing is just a big joke.
    I'm not surprised at that actually.

Forum Member

Hey guys this is my first post and I've been following for a while. Congrats to everyone who passed the exam and a special congrats to the guys who've graduated the academy. Hopefully the rest of us aren't waiting too long.

I have a question regarding my mail forwarding. I just moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island and I had to change my address. I sent a letter to DCAS to inform them of my address change. Are they the only ones I need to contact of should I call the FDNY recruitment service also?

Thanks
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Did anyone do that Excel breakdown for lists 2500/2000?

Forum Member

Have you seen any FDNY fireman leave for other civil service jobs? Does the time transfer over?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Have you seen any FDNY fireman leave for other civil service jobs? Does the time transfer over?
    I actually know a guy who went from PD to FD and then back to PD I believe. He was a little nutty though. Also that was like 10 yrs ago and I think your time did transfer back then. Not sure if it still does though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    You need to disclose all your medical records. You have to sign a waiver. No waiver... no hire.
    Maybe so, but in the past it wasn't much of a look cause guys got through with all sorts of disqualifying ailments. I can't speak for the way they do it now however.

Forum Member

Hey does anyone know if you can get DQ'd for having Sleep Apnea?

Forum Member

Here's a quick break down of how your time counts. If you transfer uniform services your time goes up front. So if you do 5 with pd then you only need to do 15 with fd. However if you work for the city in a non uniform title ie engineer, teacher, electrician or plumber, your time will count on the back end. So if you have 10 years as a teacher and transfer to fd , you will need to comple your 20 but you will get credited with 30 yeass of city service. For every year you go past 20 years you get a higher percentage in your
    Of your pention.

FYI for those of you being hired by the city as of April 1 2012 you will automatically be put in tier 6
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Here's a quick break down of how your time counts. If you transfer uniform services your time goes up front. So if you do 5 with pd then you only need to do 15 with fd. However if you work for the city in a non uniform title ie engineer, teacher, electrician or plumber, your time will count on the back end. So if you have 10 years as a teacher and transfer to fd , you will need to comple your 20 but you will get credited with 30 yeass of city service. For every year you go past 20 years you get a higher percentage in your
    Of your pention.

FYI for those of you being hired by the city as of April 1 2012 you will automatically be put in tier 6
    What about FDNY fireman that left for suffolk or nassau police departments? Did their time transfer over?

Forum Member

What about FDNY fireman that left for suffolk or nassau police departments? Did their time transfer over?
    Go **** yourself. Anyone that answers this is a ******bag.

Forum Member

+1; any updates on that?

Forum Member

Default CPAT for January Class

Missed the CPAT because I was in Afghanistan, anyone hear anything about when they'll be going again for the January class? As for this class picking up now, get some guys.

Forum Member

I love that a guy whose handle is Fdny4life is asking about time transferring over. As manhattan said go **** yourself. You ain't on this job. How dare you say you're FDNY for life.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Go **** yourself. Anyone that answers this is a ******bag.
    No they are completely different municipalities your time doesn't carry over. I guess I'm a ******bag huh, probie.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

Forum Member

I think the question was asked for a specific situation, not for curiosity reasons. At least that's what it sounds like to me. But, what do I know.........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    No they are completely different municipalities your time doesn't carry over. I guess I'm a ******bag huh, probie.
    Wrong. Your time counts at the back end, it's still within the NYS pension system. What makes him a d-bag is asking what happens when you leave a job you don't have yet for another. You wanna be a Suffolk cop? Great, but you're asking in the wrong place in front of the wrong crowd. Move on and don't take a spot from someone who's trying to get on the greatest job on earth and stay in it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    Maybe so, but in the past it wasn't much of a look cause guys got through with all sorts of disqualifying ailments. I can't speak for the way they do it now however.
    True, things were laid back in the day and even till this day it's up to the doctors to decide whether people are fit for duty. But I believe for a really long time now, you had to give the fdny authority to look at your medical records.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Of your pention.

Im a C.O, im in the Tier 4 pension (20 and out) are you sure If I transfer over my time will count up front, because I thought now it always goes at the back end, and I was anticipating starting FDNY and having to start over a full 20 year career and push my retirement back, but leave with a 20+ pension with my DOC time at the back

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im a C.O, im in the Tier 4 pension (20 and out) are you sure If I transfer over my time will count up front, because I thought now it always goes at the back end, and I was anticipating starting FDNY and having to start over a full 20 year career and push my retirement back, but leave with a 20+ pension with my DOC time at the back
    You stay in your tier, you do have to do 20 in FD and you start at base pay/vacation

Forum Member

Gotta love this idiot... he's worried about spending money to bring justice to a guy who shot 2 cops execution style but has no problem overpaying a monitor to oversee FDNY hiring on the taxpayer dime.

NEW YORK (AP) ó A New York City street gang member was sentenced to death on Wednesday in the execution-style slayings of two undercover police officers in 2003 ó the latest chapter in a case that's seen his original death sentence overturned, his behind-bars affair with a prison guard exposed and the massive cost of his defense questioned...

..."Today, a jury of his peers looked at Ronell Wilson, everything he did and all that he is, and rendered justice," U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch said in a statement.

Another jury had found Wilson guilty in the point-blank shootings of undercover officers James Nemorin and Rodney Andrews. The gunman shot both men in the head after one pleaded for his life.

The first jury also sentenced Wilson in 2007 to die by lethal injection, making him the first federal defendant to receive a death sentence in New York City since the 1950s. But an appeals court threw out the sentence in 2010 because of an error in jury instructions and prosecutors chose to repeat the penalty phase rather than let Wilson serve an automatic life term without parole.

U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis questioned the decision, saying that it put taxpayers on course to spend millions of dollars more on Wilson's defense. He noted that he had just presided over a capital case for a mobster where the defense bill was $5 million and the jury chose to impose a life sentence.

Thread Information