Like Tree10457Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Chad did you get the recruitment email that everyone else got saying that the academy starts in 2 months? Im asking cause i didnt get it
    No, I didn't get that email the other day, but I think it may be the same one that was sent out a couple weeks ago. If anyone can chime in, but it was sent in one of those recruitment newsletter emails, correct? If so, I've pretty much stopped reading those.

Forum Member

I just tried looking through my mail boxes but couldn't find it. So, I have no idea what's up with that email. It seems like the people who posted about it are further down on the list, out of range for this upcoming class or the next, who knows?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Dude,,, you dont have to tell us 6019 guys,,,,, Getting the run letter and passing with the offer only to have it rescinded and wait another 6 years with haveing the test cancelled and retaking the new one prob one of the most grueling frustrating things in the entire world......

Waiting another 6 months is a wlak in the park compared to the mud we went through

that said i do hope you get in,,,,, just after me

I am one of the 6019 guys that did the run and there was no class. Then I joined EMS a few years after. Maybe that's why I'm so ****ed off. Just another bad dream all over again.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Are you referring to EMT dropouts from this current class? 55 out of the 60 dropouts are EMS?
    No. I factored in the dropouts plus the people that were held back for the July class for whatever read. So I say on average probably a little less that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Did I miss something ? Is there a link or something?
    Dumbass in the current class who posted stuff on instagram earlier in the year posted something again. Wearing uniform + the classic flat rimmed baseball hat. Uses everybody's favorite N word. Comes off super ghetto. Everybody on the job knows about it. Don't be that guy.

Forum Member

Last edited by coldblood92; 11-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFKills View Post
    No. I factored in the dropouts plus the people that were held back for the July class for whatever read. So I say on average probably a little less that.
    Ok thanks.

So there it is guys, only maybe 15-20 EMS left. We we're think 40-50 right?

Forum Member

Ok thanks.

So there it is guys, only maybe 15-20 EMS left. We we're think 40-50 right?
    so whats the number of open spots after PHs EMS and recycles?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    If you cant do many push-ups or maintain an isometric push-up position for a couple mins, I would work on that.
    What exactly is an isometric push-up position?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    What exactly is an isometric push-up position?
    im assuming he is talking about the isometric at the top of the push up position. If you dont know what isometrics are simply look that up. I dunno why an isometric[at top] hold would help...

Im doing this for next six weeks twice a week ... (pull up, dip,push-up and row) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZMJYTCS9E
    If anyone can this for the full min and half you are a beast. I can only do max 22 seconds hold in each position for pull up
    Last edited by coldblood92; 11-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    im assuming he is talking about the isometric at the top of the push up position. If you dont know what isometrics are simply look that up. I dunno why an isometric[at top] hold would help...

Im doing this for next six weeks twice a week ... (pull up, dip,push-up and row) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZMJYTCS9E
    If anyone can this for the full min and half you are a beast. I can only do max 22 seconds hold in each position for pull up
    Im guessing they make you hold the up position for long periods of times.

Forum Member

Im guessing they make you hold the up position for long periods of times.
    Correct. And sometimes, if you're lucky, down position as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Correct. And sometimes, if you're lucky, down position as well.
    say:
    20 EMS
    50 out of 60 recycles
    50 PH

Thats 120 spots there and leaves 200 spots for OC. At a 3:1 ratio that would put them up near 600 on the OC list. Remember all these numbers could be higher or lower, including the ratio.

Forum Member

say:
    20 EMS
    50 out of 60 recycles
    50 PH

Thats 120 spots there and leaves 200 spots for OC. At a 3:1 ratio that would put them up near 600 on the OC list. Remember all these numbers could be higher or lower, including the ratio.
    I'm still praying and hoping for a 1:5 ratio ... What's the highest list number that has completed everything so far on the oc ?

Forum Member

IDk if this is true but I was talking to my mentor and he said he heard that they are close to 700 on the list for January like I said he could be wrong but he said he was told that's where they are at
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I'm still praying and hoping for a 1:5 ratio ... What's the highest list number that has completed everything so far on the oc ?
    even if this class doesnt reach a 1:5 ratio, I think its definitely possible for most of the classes in the future to have that ratio.

I think just about 1000 on the OC list have completed everything including their medical. Maybe even just above 1000.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    IDk if this is true but I was talking to my mentor and he said he heard that they are close to 700 on the list for January like I said he could be wrong but he said he was told that's where they are at
    My mentor keeps telling me I'm on the borderline for January so to be ready just Incase, but I guess well never really know until we get the run letters, till then fingers crossed and keep running
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

does anyone know what the physical award winner for the previous class achieved?

1.5 mile run time, pushups, situps and pull-ups?

Forum Member

what list number are you around, of you dont mind me asking?

Forum Member

From what I heard, 121. Given the ratio, I literally should have been the next person in the academy.

edit: This was an intended reply to DannyPanigale.

Forum Member

even if this class doesnt reach a 1:5 ratio, I think its definitely possible for most of the classes in the future to have that ratio.

I think just about 1000 on the OC list have completed everything including their medical. Maybe even just above 1000.
    After Doing my intense math I need the ratio to increase periodically as the classes go by 1:6 1:7 1:8 it's the only way my number would be reach "/ ...it would also help if these mules stop resigning 3 times and wasting what could be my spot
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

did he mention where he heard this from, or is it just the word going around?

Forum Member

Run letters should be going out during Christmas week. Best Christmas present I can think of... lol. I actually spoke to my investigator last week who told me they'd be doing a final check of people soon which i assume means those who have a chance for January.

Also I found out through sources that your reference information isn't a deciding factor about whether you get into a class or not. if they send them out they send them out. If not, it doesn't mean you aren't going in. Why they wouldn't send them out i don't know except that they are probably swamped at this point or they feel they don't need to.
    KnocKnoc and JDNY13 like this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

what list number are you around, of you dont mind me asking?
    I'm in the low 800's

Thread Information