Like Tree9524Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Has anyone here in the low 1100's taken their medical or received a letter for future appointment? I haven't received anything yet and wondering if I should be worried.

Thanks for any info.
    im below 1100 and haven't got anything for medical, psych few weeks ago but still waiting on med.

Forum Member

As far as getting the info for the run.

I know some who only got a letter, some who only got email, some who got both.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Im right near you and I havent heard anything else besides my investigation and physical. I know guys just around 1000 who did their medicals so I think they might have stopped right before us.

I remember Peggy Quinn saying my group may be in the next round of medicals or they might wait and give them to us later on since were mostly being processed for the Summer class.

Hopefully after thanksgiving we will get those letters.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

There is a one minute time limit on the sit-ups. Push-ups are done to failure at their cadence (1 second down, 1 second up). Pull-ups are pretty much on your own.

Forum Member

my friend is in the very low 300's and he has completed all the hiring steps. He wants to know if he can defer the Jan 2014 class? How do you go about deferring? He is just waiting on the letter for the 1.5 mile run
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 11-28-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    my friend is in the very low 300's and he has completed all the hiring steps. He wants to know if he can defer the Jan 2014 class? How do you go about deferring? He is just waiting on the letter for the 1.5 mile run
    Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.

Seriously though, with the way things have gone down in the past you would be crazy to defer from this. I think someone was also saying that you can only defer for medical reasons, I don't know how true that is though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.

Seriously though, with the way things have gone down in the past you would be crazy to defer from this. I think someone was also saying that you can only defer for medical reasons, I don't know how true that is though.
    I second this. Unless you've been seriously injured there isn't a reason to defer, with all that's happened the past you'd be crazy to defer but hey if he's low 300s by all means defer and that's one less spot in front of me lol
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Can anyone confirm....as far as defering the class? Is it allowed?

Forum Member

Default fdny

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Yes, you can defer 3 times with a valid excuse from what I was told.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.
    infolet333 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    Yes, you can defer 3 times with a valid excuse from what I was told.
    I think so too... He can defer and switch spots I'll take his 300 and he can take my 13000 number
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Hope everyone had their fill of food and desert! Now get outside and hit the pavement
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I think so too... He can defer and switch spots I'll take his 300 and he can take my 13000 number
    Yeah I think I'd be on board with that as well

Forum Member

This is an exciting time, because in addition to the holidays, in just a few weeks we should see exactly where we stand in terms of getting in. They are going to start calling OC's, which may or may not produce a totally different ratio from what we've already scene in terms of EMS and PH's getting hired.

I'll find out if im going to be in july and/or how certain I will be. Obviously I want to be in January, But with a list number in the 900's im hoping/expecting july 2014 worst case scenario.

If they can just get into the 600-700 range for this January class, then I know I should be excited and counting down the days until july.

If somehow they don't even make it through 500, then I'll have to spend another few months just hoping for july and not knowing for sure.

Happy Holidays everyone. Enjoy them as they can be your last holidays with your family pre FDNY life, but look forward to and be excited for the future holidays in FDNY life.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody selling a wieght vest???

Forum Member

Hey guys and gals...fst is all about technique. You guys will get better and better each time you go through so do not worry about what your first few times through come out to be. You must finish on air and under a certain time but but like I said you will get better at it.

Run notices will not go out until about 2-3 weeks before the start date of the January class. Most likely it will be around 1/27 the next class will begin. I know there are a ton of guys just waiting on that run notice...run as fast and as hard as you can on that day and you will be fine. 13 minutes for 1.5 miles is a joke.

There are a lot of retreads going into this class so chances are the oc list will not be hit hard once again but it will definitely be used again. 19 from the oc list went into the current class and that got into the very low triple digits...very low as in a few.

The academy is designed the way it is for a reason...academics and hands on are huge. Do not fall behind on either. No one should tell you what to expect but I will say this....you and you alone determine your place in the department. Don't be someone who makes excuses...make solutions for yourself and you will get where you want to be.

Good luck and always go into everyday with a positive attitude. Don't be that guy.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Anybody selling a wieght vest???
    I have a 40# vest for sale. PM me if you're interested.

Forum Member

Some good news for you guys - according to some gentlemen in the academy, after this January class, classes will start to overlap 2 weeks, so the academy will run 3 classes a year. Good news for the guys towards the end of the hiring spectrum of this list.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Some good news for you guys - according to some gentlemen in the academy, after this January class, classes will start to overlap 2 weeks, so the academy will run 3 classes a year. Good news for the guys towards the end of the hiring spectrum of this list.
    Don't play with my emotions !!!! ... Mm have you heard of this ??? Or anyone otj!!!!
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    can you go into a little more detail on this? Give a little more info on who exactly said it and is he saying the the summer class will start earlier than the expected July start?

Forum Member

I hope it's true but I'll believe it when it happens, I don't see why they would go three a year

Forum Member

I will believe it when it happens

Forum Member

I've heard low 900's looking good for January class.

Forum Member

I heard them say when I was at the rock that they want to run 3 classes a year, but its not happening at the moment (this was back in september) Ive also heard that the july class can actually start in june.

But as far as 3 classes a year, I'll believe it when I see it.. #1) 3 classes a year is really a lot on the trainers and over whelming. and #2, I can't possibly see how they can "Overlap" classes. Right now the 2 squads over lap throughout the day, so that's over 600 recruits at the academy at 1 time. How can they have double that at the academy at 1 time?

Thread Information