Like Tree9521Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I heard them say when I was at the rock that they want to run 3 classes a year, but its not happening at the moment (this was back in september) Ive also heard that the july class can actually start in june.

But as far as 3 classes a year, I'll believe it when I see it.. #1) 3 classes a year is really a lot on the trainers and over whelming. and #2, I can't possibly see how they can "Overlap" classes. Right now the 2 squads over lap throughout the day, so that's over 600 recruits at the academy at 1 time. How can they have double that at the academy at 1 time?
    How about at night ? Can they run in the evening ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I've heard low 900's looking good for January class.
    good source?

Forum Member

I'd say it won't happen, it's crowded enough with just Alpha and Bravo there. Also, I don't think night times possible, they would have to get a second set of instructors.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    How about at night ? Can they run in the evening ?
    The fire academy doesn't do night classes... they have 2 academy tours which overlaps each other as it is, so throughout the majority of the day both squads (600+ recruits) are in the academy at once. Police does it that way where they have a day tour, and a night tour so both aren't in at same time... fire academy doesn't have a 4pm-12 shift in the academy.

Forum Member

The fire academy doesn't do night classes... they have 2 academy tours which overlaps each other as it is, so throughout the majority of the day both squads (600+ recruits) are in the academy at once. Police does it that way where they have a day tour, and a night tour so both aren't in at same time... fire academy doesn't have a 4pm-12 shift in the academy.
    This is incorrect. The previous 2 classes have each started with 318 probies. Mine graduated with 285 (now 284) left. The current one is probably gonna end up with only 250-260. They would not do night classes or anything else because they do not have the physical space to train more than ~320 at once. There are only so many lockers, and only so many classrooms, etc. They could do a slight overlap as stated above if they timed certain things right. I have no idea if it's a credible rumor or not. We do need the manpower so.... Maybe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    This is incorrect. The previous 2 classes have each started with 318 probies. Mine graduated with 285 (now 284) left. The current one is probably gonna end up with only 250-260. They would not do night classes or anything else because they do not have the physical space to train more than ~320 at once. There are only so many lockers, and only so many classrooms, etc. They could do a slight overlap as stated above if they timed certain things right. I have no idea if it's a credible rumor or not. We do need the manpower so.... Maybe?
    Man it would be awesome if they can push more classes .. Let's see what happens

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    good source?
    Pretty credible. Said himself nothing in this process is definite but is looking good.
    NycQ83, coldblood92 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

No, there are not 600 recruits, 320 tops at a time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    No, there are not 600 recruits, 320 tops at a time.
    Also the term is not recruit, that's a PD term. Once you're in the door you're a probie.

Forum Member

The current one is probably gonna end up with only 250-260.
    Final count on deck: 242

Forum Member

Gonna be a lot of recycles I bet, if those that get recycled for the next class, can they get recycled again and again?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Final count on deck: 242
    How did we go from 60 dropouts to 76 and not hear anything about it. Damn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Some good news for you guys - according to some gentlemen in the academy, after this January class, classes will start to overlap 2 weeks, so the academy will run 3 classes a year. Good news for the guys towards the end of the hiring spectrum of this list.
    His source is legit. Obviously it's not guaranteed, but the source is pretty good.

Forum Member

Running in the freezing cold/rain every other night just to find out that i wont get hired until July and that i could have thus held off the running until Spring lol. Im sure thats gonna happen, but oh well.

On second thought, my investigator told me awhile back that when the academy draws closer, that she will then call me for an update on my residency documents (regular bills and stuff for the current month). On Wednesday i received such phone call for the residency update, but idk if that means anything really as far as the academy goes. Could be just something they ask of you every 2-3 months regardless of list number.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-30-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Family Day was yesterday. And graduation tommorrow ?

Forum Member

Family Day was yesterday, graduation is Thursday.

Forum Member

Also the term is not recruit, that's a PD term. Once you're in the door you're a probie.
    You're right, brain fart on my behalf.....

Forum Member

Woops my bad.. I should of said 300+ there at 1 time and I meant to say 2 classes over lapping would have 600+ probies there at 1 time which would be too much
    Last edited by John246; 12-01-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Forum Member

His source is legit. Obviously it's not guaranteed, but the source is pretty good.
    is this sarcasm? lol sorry its hard to tell on the forum.

Forum Member

No he told me where he heard it from. I'm being serious.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

No he told me where he heard it from. I'm being serious.
    oh ok thanks, just making sure.

MM- if it does go into effect, how do you think this would work then? Also when is he talking it happening, for the class after January? So that would mean then "July" class would start earlier, possibly some time in early June?
    Last edited by NycQ83; 12-01-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    oh ok thanks, just making sure.

MM- if it does go into effect, how do you think this would work then? Also when is he talking it happening, for the class after January? So that would mean then "July" class would start earlier, possibly some time in early June?
    If you look at the calendar, 16 weeks from 1/27/14 I believe would be May 19th. It wouldn't be a bad idea for them to do so considering there's so many drop outs and recycles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post

On second thought, my investigator told me awhile back that when the academy draws closer, that she will then call me for an update on my residency documents (regular bills and stuff for the current month). On Wednesday i received such phone call for the residency update, but idk if that means anything really as far as the academy goes. Could be just something they ask of you every 2-3 months regardless of list number.
    Mine said the same thing, and given what I heard the other day from my source id take it as a good sign. Stay positive. I hate running in this cold but I like I'm sure you think to myself that's what it'll be like if I get the January academy and if not it'll still make me a better runner for June/july
    NycQ83, Spiderneck30 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

I wish I knew who everyone's sources were and how reliable they are lol it would make it so much easier to chose weather or not to take some stock in the rumors. I understand why some don't hint at who their sources are though so ill just have to take everyone's work for it when they say their source is a good one. I've learned my lesson about buying to much into rumors though. (at least I try not too lol)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I wish I knew who everyone's sources were and how reliable they are lol it would make it so much easier to chose weather or not to take some stock in the rumors. I understand why some don't hint at who their sources are though so ill just have to take everyone's work for it when they say their source is a good one. I've learned my lesson about buying to much into rumors though. (at least I try not too lol)
    In just 4 weeks, we will know exactly whats going on. And we will all get a very good idea of how soon we should expect to get in.

Its too good to be true that im waiting for my chance to enter FDNY probie school. Its a dream come true.
    Patiently_Waiting and JDNY13 like this.

Thread Information