Like Tree9944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

How many priority hires are left to process?
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    How many priority hires are left to process?
    No idea, but 1 is too many...

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Haha, sorry about that. I get a little frustrated because it seems a little pointless. Either way, I don't mean to be a overly-aggressive but some of the arguments on here are dissected to such a level that it's both comical and infuriating.
    I think every possible question has been asked at least 5 times in this nearly 800 page thread. Nothing left to do but elaborate for the fun of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    That's funny because mine was stolen too. It's last know whereabouts is the front main gate of 29 palms. So I guess I'm not the only victim of page 11 robbery. Hahaha
    Jesus, man! Those guys love to steal stuff don't they.

Forum Member

If the numbers for the winter class get up around 800-900, and numbers through 1300 on OC have had some background/paperwork done, i'll bet they go another 1,000 down the list processing for upcoming summer class, which hopefully will be comprised almost entirely of OC candidates. The paperwork has been going out to new number a month after the previous class starts so I'd expect paperwork to go out to next batch in Feb

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    No idea, but 1 is too many...

I think every possible question has been asked at least 5 times in this nearly 800 page thread. Nothing left to do but elaborate for the fun of it.
    If you go back and read the posts, they mentioned 64. But hold on to your butts for this one: My mentor believes that half of them moved on and didn't want the job. Now considering that many guys OTJ have no idea what's going on with hiring process, this source isn't really reliable. And lets face it; 1 is too many.

Forum Member

Let's hope numbers up to 900 get a run letter and they start processing the next 1000 soon, it's gonna get interesting with recycles with the count on deck being 242,

Forum Member

when packets go out in (EARLY?!) Feb or so my guess is that it's going to be way more than another 1000 called. I bet around another 1300 or so get a packet. They want to have enough for the summer class and a good amount for the class immediately following that. And if they're putting in 3 classes a year - they need to get moving.

On another note, what are the last few days of the academy like? I know assignments come out today. What about the valedictorian and physical fitness winner, when were they selected? Anyone attend family day?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    when packets go out in (EARLY?!) Feb or so my guess is that it's going to be way more than another 1000 called. I bet around another 1300 or so get a packet. They want to have enough for the summer class and a good amount for the class immediately following that. And if they're putting in 3 classes a year - they need to get moving.

On another note, what are the last few days of the academy like? I know assignments come out today. What about the valedictorian and physical fitness winner, when were they selected? Anyone attend family day?
    Lots of excitement and anticipation waiting for your assignments. Which is exactly what the current class is sitting around doing right now. As far as fitness/academic winners, you will know the fitness winner shortly after your post-academy physical assessment and the valedictorian you will find out after the final exam is given. Probably early in the final 2 weeks of the academy.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Another 11 guys didn't make it to the end. 10 failed the final which means no recycle, dunno about the last one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Another 11 guys didn't make it to the end. 10 failed the final which means no recycle, dunno about the last one.
    Wow, I can't believe anyone would make it that far and then still bomb the final. The written stuff isn't supposed to be that hard, I swear.

Forum Member

And we are positive these guys are not eligible for recycle?

Pretty rough to make it that far and not make it thru.

Forum Member

do these 11 count in the total count of 242 or is the number that graduated now at 231?

Forum Member

Don't know about that as far as official graduating number.

And they aren't suppose to be able to recycle but we all know any thing is possible lately.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I hope some of these guys wake up and realize that recycling and ret

Forum Member

Good news guys...my fathers co workers lawn mower told him that his daughters boyfriends car mechanic spoke to his cougar moms friends son and it turns out things should be speeding up real quick..hang in there guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Good news guys...my fathers co workers lawn mower told him that his daughters boyfriends car mechanic spoke to his cougar moms friends son and it turns out things should be speeding up real quick..hang in there guys
    As long as there is a cougar in the rumor I'll buy it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    It was funnier when Roadrunner09 said this 3 months ago haha.

"One of the DI's cousin's, best friend's, dog walkers; told my brother-in-law that his uncle's mechanic heard that the list is done after this current class unfortunately."

- Roadrunner09
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

C'mon, now.. Everybody knows lawn mowers can't talk...
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Speaking of cougars, one of my greatest motivations for joining the FD is the women. Lemme tell you, it is hard to find a beautiful woman to fall in love with when you're making 8 dollars an hour. Its no secret that women love firefighters.

My main motivation for joining the FD is to be part of a job where you can save lives and be a part of something meaningful. But bro I cant even imagine how awesome life must be for a firefighter from a dating standpoint.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Speaking of cougars, one of my greatest motivations for joining the FD is the women. Lemme tell you, it is hard to find a beautiful woman to fall in love with when you're making 8 dollars an hour. Its no secret that women love firefighters.

My main motivation for joining the FD is to be part of a job where you can save lives and be a part of something meaningful. But bro I cant even imagine how awesome life must be for a firefighter from a dating standpoint.
    Before anyone slanders this guy for saying this, it seems like we are all here for the right reasons. Anyone here would be a liar if they say this isn't something they've thought about haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Has anyone seen the assignment listing? I remember for the last class it was floating around online

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Before anyone slanders this guy for saying this, it seems like we are all here for the right reasons. Anyone here would be a liar if they say this isn't something they've thought about haha.
    I was thinking "they're going to bash the sh1t outta this guy for saying that lol"

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Has anyone seen the assignment listing? I remember for the last class it was floating around online
    Here you go.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_82_2013.pdf
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Thread Information