Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

This new development of guys in the 2000's getting their packets is going to make it pretty hard to hide my morning wood this morning.

And yes, the pun was intended!
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    This new development of guys in the 2000's getting their packets is going to make it pretty hard to hide my morning wood this morning.

And yes, the pun was intended!
    you hide it?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    you hide it?
    My office sucks. I put a picture of me in Iraq with my Marines and was asked if I could select a different picture because everyone in the picture had guns.

The civilian world is a scary place!
    vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Has anyone in the 1400 - 1900's received anything yet? I'm in the 1500's and haven't. Seems a little odd that those in the 2000's would get packets before earlier numbers, eh what do I know. It's fantastic news! And congrats to the graduating class today. Job well done!

Forum Member

My office sucks. I put a picture of me in Iraq with my Marines and was asked if I could select a different picture because everyone in the picture had guns.

Thats BS man. "Thanks for your service! Now please dont remind us what it was actually like." Sorry you work with hippocrates buddy.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Wow that's unbelievable. Thanks for your service!

For guys in the 1000s who haven't gotten their packets yet, just keep checking the mail. There's no way they will send packets to guys above you and just skip over you. For some reasons yours might take longer due to location and mail services, but it should be there sooner or later. I remember guys having issues that it went to an old address, a landlord, or a neighbor so look everywhere and even give the heads up to the people around you.

Forum Member

I got exited and ran a little too much!! Unfortunately im getting pain in my lower inner shins..not too bad, but like i feel it when i walk. Can somebody please give me some advice on how I hould treat this and in terms of continuing to train..should i let this recover or keep pushing forward? Im hoping you guys have had this experience before and based on expreience would be able to tell me what I should do. Thanks guys, i appreciate any feedback

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Went to my firehouse yesterday, all hyped up. Graduation today, nervous boys. Keep your head in the game, academy ending is one if the best feelings in the world. Gonna miss my squad, love those guys!
    As far as guys getting let go at the end, it sucks, don't make fun. I knew a guy who was a excellent guy who was let go. You might get close to some that will get close to the end. It's not a good feeling for them and you.
    Good luck guys, I'll try and answer any questions on general, no specifics, it's up to you to experience it.
    Congrats dude and best of luck. If you don't mind me asking, how did so many get let go a week before graduation? Wasn't there help available to those who needed it? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I got exited and ran a little too much!! Unfortunately im getting pain in my lower inner shins..not too bad, but like i feel it when i walk. Can somebody please give me some advice on how I hould treat this and in terms of continuing to train..should i let this recover or keep pushing forward? Im hoping you guys have had this experience before and based on expreience would be able to tell me what I should do. Thanks guys, i appreciate any feedback

Take a few days off and gradually build up, sounds like you had a huge jump in miles without building up to it.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Take a few days off and gradually build up, sounds like you had a huge jump in miles without building up to it.
    Yea I did, thats exactly what happened actually, thanks for the advice dude, I appreciate it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    What would be a number to gradually increase ... I have the same problem ... One day I ran 2 miles following day 3 following 4.5 ... After the third day I couldn't run no more I was in so much pain got scared and took a huge brake

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    What would be a number to gradually increase ... I have the same problem ... One day I ran 2 miles following day 3 following 4.5 ... After the third day I couldn't run no more I was in so much pain got scared and took a huge brake
    increasing your mileage 10 percent a week is a good guideline to follow.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Yea I hear you guys. I haven't run in a month because of a weird knee pain that badly needed some rest. Just got my new shoes which were badly needed. Bad shoes were most likely the cause of the pain. I plan on going tonight or tomorrow for an easy 1.5 miler on a track or softer surface before I hit the pavement again. No need to rush into things and make matters worse. A jump in miles/bad shoes could definitely do it.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Really helpful link!!! Thankyou for posting it dude! It makes plenty of sense!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dem7191 View Post
    Congrats dude and best of luck. If you don't mind me asking, how did so many get let go a week before graduation? Wasn't there help available to those who needed it? Thanks in advance.
    There was help, just for some it takes longer or don't get it at all. It happens.....
    People were right on the cusp, some guy failed out with a 74 average. Just do your best, if you are struggling with something, go to remedials, they help!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    There was help, just for some it takes longer or don't get it at all. It happens.....
    People were right on the cusp, some guy failed out with a 74 average. Just do your best, if you are struggling with something, go to remedials, they help!
    Do you know if those last minute guys can recycle?

Forum Member

dude its just soreness from running.. maybe running more than you've been used to.. you don't need to treat that it will go away in a day or so

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    dude its just soreness from running.. maybe running more than you've been used to.. you don't need to treat that it will go away in a day or so
    Yea your rite man, thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it dde

Forum Member

the packet is pretty big it might not fit in some mail boxes. make sure you check with your local post office or for those bull**** undeliverable slips
    List 20##
    Score 101

Forum Member

I had a similar pain from over-running about a year ago. Went to Jack Rabbit sports and they saw I was slightly rolling forward on my right ankle and found a sneaker to nullify that. It felt better right away. I honestly can't recommend Jack Rabbit sport enough.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I had a similar pain from over-running about a year ago. Went to Jack Rabbit sports and they saw I was slightly rolling forward on my right ankle and found a sneaker to nullify that. It felt better right away. I honestly can't recommend Jack Rabbit sport enough.
    Oh really? Thats great! Maybe it is the sneakers im running in..but im not famiar with Jack Rabbit sports. Is that like a Modells or something? Thanks for the feedback btw

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    the packet is pretty big it might not fit in some mail boxes. make sure you check with your local post office or for those bull**** undeliverable slips
    If you dont mind me asking what exactly comes in the packet that you recieve? Thanks man!

Forum Member

For those in the 1000's that haven't gotten a packet yet It took me about 3 weeks to get mine haha. First one just never showed up (Lost in the mail or evil landlord? We'll never know), called DCAS after a week for a new one then still nothing for 2 weeks. I finally got nervous after 3 weeks and just headed down to Metrotech during lunch to pick it up in person (def call ahead if you have to do this). Came home that night to 2nd packet in the mail. So yeah, wait a week before you go nuts then just call and make sure they have your address right.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

So, do you think the FDNY packets are going to go out to everyone that got 101? If thats the case then packets would reach somewhere in the 2200's range.. Or do you guys think they will send packets to candidates that scored 100 as well?

List 23##
    Score 100
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Thread Information