Like Tree9582Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm curious when the medical and psych notices will start going out for guys who already passed that stage.

Forum Member

I myself can't recommend jack rabbit enough. Great service, great assistance in finding the perfect sneaker for you given your gait, and you get a 10% discount on everything forever when you buy your first pair from them. They keep a record on file so if you need a new pair they know exactly what to grab you quick and easy unless you want something new.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Went to my firehouse yesterday, all hyped up. Graduation today, nervous boys. Keep your head in the game, academy ending is one if the best feelings in the world. Gonna miss my squad, love those guys!
    As far as guys getting let go at the end, it sucks, don't make fun. I knew a guy who was a excellent guy who was let go. You might get close to some that will get close to the end. It's not a good feeling for them and you.
    Good luck guys, I'll try and answer any questions on general, no specifics, it's up to you to experience it.
    Congrats man. How do they notify you of your assignment i know someone posted the list but is that how you find out or are you notified individually? Just wondering. Thanks

Forum Member

Wow guys in the 2000's getting packets, that's awesome. Maybe it isn't so farfetched that the 5,000s receive something in early 2015. And congrats to the guys graduating!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm curious when the medical and psych notices will start going out for guys who already passed that stage.
    I know some people have said that the medicals last for one year, but I remember Peggy Quinn saying that if you don't have a chance at the January class then they won't give you a medical because they would have to give you another one before summer class. So she made it seem like they are only good for 6 months, I don't know. If that's the case then we should expect them within A timeframe that is six months or less before the summer class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I know some people have said that the medicals last for one year, but I remember Peggy Quinn saying that if you don't have a chance at the January class then they won't give you a medical because they would have to give you another one before summer class. So she made it seem like they are only good for 6 months, I don't know. If that's the case then we should expect them within A timeframe that is six months or less before the summer class.
    Yeah that's what I figured too. I wouldn't be surprised if they're being mailed to us in the next month.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    Congrats man. How do they notify you of your assignment i know someone posted the list but is that how you find out or are you notified individually? Just wondering. Thanks
    From what my relative told me that went through in the first class, he said they sit everyone down in the auditorium and announce it. Name by name. Which I believe happens after family day but before graduation.

You may want FFwnt2b to confirm though.

All this talk about Jack Rabbit. I was told it's overrated and over priced. Anyone else hear this or just me? haha. If it's just me then I'll go check it out myself.

Forum Member

The day before graduation they sit you down in the auditorium and go one by one announcing each assignment. I watched it happen yesterday.

You may pay a little extra on the sneakers through jack rabbit but I'd have to actually check to see how much more but is it not worth the extra money to ensure that you are running properly and aren't furthering to hurt yourself? I think so. Ever since I went there my running ability has increased tremendously largely because I no longer have all the little pains that I used to get.

Forum Member

I'm one of the first guys in the 22xx score 100 range so I wonder how this will pan out for me

Forum Member

Just checked. I spent an extra $10 vs just ordering the sneakers I would've bought online. But no foot, leg, or knee pain was sure worth the extra $10
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Just checked. I spent an extra $10 vs just ordering the sneakers I would've bought online. But no foot, leg, or knee pain was sure worth the extra $10
    Thanks I will definitely check it out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DREAMOFFDNY View Post
    I'm one of the first guys in the 22xx score 100 range so I wonder how this will pan out for me
    Post as soon as you receive something. I'm 26xx, score of 100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    From what my relative told me that went through in the first class, he said they sit everyone down in the auditorium and announce it. Name by name. Which I believe happens after family day but before graduation.

You may want FFwnt2b to confirm though.

All this talk about Jack Rabbit. I was told it's overrated and over priced. Anyone else hear this or just me? haha. If it's just me then I'll go check it out myself.
    Definetly NOT over priced. The shoes I bought were about $100 for top of the line specialized running shoes. When i got home I looked up that exact pair on Zappos.com and Jack Rabbit sports was actually cheaper. Zappos is already the best deal on the internet so you do the math. Also the customer service was awesome but they dont try to push anything on you you dont need since they aren't commision based. New York Running company is total crap though, dont go there.
    Mtk123 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Anyone check the mail yet today?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

New Balance website was having a huge sale this past week, might still be able to find some deals on it. I got a new and much needed pair of 860v3's for 75 as opposed to 100. For anyone who needs a good, sturdy shoe for stability, those are a great bet (got fitted at Jack Rabbit last year).
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Anyone check the mail yet today?
    Why did you receive something?

Forum Member

WOW people receiving packets in the 2000's .... That's great news...i'm in the 22XX range ill be sure to post if i receive anything

Forum Member

If you get your gait analyzed at Jack Rabbits it doesn't mean your obligated to buy shoes from them. I went to a store by me , had my gait analyzed and they suggested 3 shoes. Told them I would sleep on it, went to Sport's Authority and got the pair I wanted for $40 less.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Congradulations to everyone that is getting their packets in the mail, its awesome news..I am in the mid 2300's range with a score of 100 and I am hyped about packets going out to fellow candidates that are in close range of my List number. Having that said, is anyone in the same list # range as me; low to mid 2000's that lives in the bensonhurst/ Bay ridge area?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking what exactly comes in the packet that you recieve? Thanks man!
    Like an introductory page and then about 60 pages of **** you have to fill out and instructions on documents that you need to start getting ready.
    List 20##
    Score 101

Forum Member

Are the packets that people are receiving from FDNY or DCAS? Has anyone in the 1500's received theirs as of yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    Like an introductory page and then about 60 pages of **** you have to fill out and instructions on documents that you need to start getting ready.
    Oh really!!! Damn lol, thats a lot, but I wouldnt mind it at all. Thanks for the i fo man!

Forum Member

Guys look up joes new balance outlet i bought amazing sneakers for $21.best deal on sneakers i could find

Forum Member

No packet yet, but did receive an email from join FDNY regarding CPAT orientation and the mentor program. Anyone else get this? Also anyone else in the 2000 an below range get packets today?
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

I also received the CPAT orientation e-mail this afternoon, list number 15XX. No packet yet though.
    Medic2312 likes this.

Thread Information