Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #16026
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Got my packet today. Interview in March. List #20xx.

  2. #16027
    Forum Member
    KingOfNeptune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    [QUOTE=Manhattan Medic;1392723]Chemical Protective Clothing trucks and decon engines are the lowest level of specialized units that are set up to respond to hazmat incidents. It's a few extra days of training and your company has an extra vehicle with the specialized stuff in it. If there was ever a true hazmat incident your unit could be called to help fill out the manpower needed to set up hot/warm zones, decon corridor, etc.

    Does that mean that decon engine receive the extra 12% hazmat pay, since they could be used in a hazmat senerio???
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:101

  3. #16028
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    so in all honesty guys, what do you think the packets going out this early really means. Does it support the rumor that they are going to 3 classes a year and that the next class will be earlier then we originally thought, or does the packets going out earlier then we thought how no significance at all? Also does it mean they are going through more guys then we thought and are thinking they may need more guys for the spring/summer class?

  4. #16029
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    [QUOTE=KingOfNeptune;1392726]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Chemical Protective Clothing trucks and decon engines are the lowest level of specialized units that are set up to respond to hazmat incidents. It's a few extra days of training and your company has an extra vehicle with the specialized stuff in it. If there was ever a true hazmat incident your unit could be called to help fill out the manpower needed to set up hot/warm zones, decon corridor, etc.

    Does that mean that decon engine receive the extra 12% hazmat pay, since they could be used in a hazmat senerio???
    Nice try, no.

    There are 4 engines in the city that are categorized as Hazmat Tech Units and get SOC differential. I'd be surprised if they ever got probies, considering the incentive.

  5. #16030
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea I was just seeing what happened with the top guys. From the outside in you would expect to see a lot more than 5 graduate. Maybe they passed on it, maybe they have records etc...
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_56_2013.pdf

    Have fun with that.

  6. #16031
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Thanks mm. It's easier than you think. I view this site from my iphone, all those documents I open in iBooks which allows me to search names.

  7. #16032
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Congrats to everyone receiving packets today. It's funny to see the new waves of packets going out and the new waves of people posting on this thread. What I can recommend to any new comers is to go to your profile and edit your "signature" so that it looks something like this :


    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 18xx


    That way everytime you post you will see under your post what list number range you're in. Just a suggestion. Congrats again guys. Your training started yesterday!
    grizzle likes this.

  8. #16033
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    So now that they graduated when do the probies report for their first tour?

  9. #16034
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    So now that they graduated when do the probies report for their first tour?
    Besides the guys that have to go back for cpc/decon training I believe they enter the field at 0900 on Monday, which just means that they fall into the schedule on that date. Due to the way the schedule works their first tour could be anywhere between Monday day and Thursday day.

  10. #16035
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Besides the guys that have to go back for cpc/decon training I believe they enter the field at 0900 on Monday, which just means that they fall into the schedule on that date. Due to the way the schedule works their first tour could be anywhere between Monday day and Thursday day.
    Thanks MM appreciate it

  11. #16036
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    Got my packet today. Interview in March. List #20xx.
    wow they hit the 2000s already??! Looking good for me. Congrats man
    Last edited by Patiently_Waiting; 12-06-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  12. #16037
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bronx, N.Y
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Sooo I know this has been covered already but whats the general wait time between Intake, Medical, CPAT...
    FDNY Exam # 2000
    List # 140X

  13. #16038
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    Sooo I know this has been covered already but whats the general wait time between Intake, Medical, CPAT...
    It varies a lot. For instance my intake was sometime in March and medical in august. Some guys had the medical as the last step guys a little bit after me did medical before cpat I think. It changes a lot just be physically fit and ready for anything
    MeloX and dem7191 like this.

  14. #16039
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Anyone in jackson heights/ woodside queens area wanna meet up for a run or two?

  15. #16040
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I'm pretty much done with everything, just need to drop off one more thing to my investigator next week. If all my arrests were ACD and sealed, and I was only fired from one job due to calling out for finals, I should be good right? And everything else is good.

  16. #16041
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    I'm pretty much done with everything, just need to drop off one more thing to my investigator next week. If all my arrests were ACD and sealed, and I was only fired from one job due to calling out for finals, I should be good right? And everything else is good.
    Damn "all my arrest"??? How many were there lol?, I'm just messing with you. It seems like they're being more lenient now so hopefully it works in your favor

  17. #16042
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    OK seeing as there is a possibility that my number could be reached for the January class I just want to know if any guys that have gone through have any advice. I've passed everything and all I have been doing is running and working out everyday but just wanted to know if there are any specific things to focus on. From what I have heard its a lot of cardio and leg work but just wanted to see if anyone had any extra insight .

  18. #16043
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    So I have my proofs of residency in order (W2, bank and credit card statements), save for one of my credit card statements (the most recent one) that doesn't have my address on it. Any opinions on whether or not that matters when it comes to proving residency?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  19. #16044
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    So I have my proofs of residency in order (W2, bank and credit card statements), save for one of my credit card statements (the most recent one) that doesn't have my address on it. Any opinions on whether or not that matters when it comes to proving residency?
    I'm not trying to be smart, but if something doesn't have an address on it, it probably wouldn't hold a lot of water to prove residency.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  20. #16045
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I'm not trying to be smart, but if something doesn't have an address on it, it probably wouldn't hold a lot of water to prove residency.
    To your credit it does sound like a "duh" kind of question, but seeing as all the other docs have the address on it, was wondering if they would let it slide.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  21. #16046
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    To your credit it does sound like a "duh" kind of question, but seeing as all the other docs have the address on it, was wondering if they would let it slide.
    I think they would look at the doc's with your address on it and pay no attention to the one without.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  22. #16047
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    To your credit it does sound like a "duh" kind of question, but seeing as all the other docs have the address on it, was wondering if they would let it slide.
    It needs to be the page with your name and address it on for residency

  23. #16048
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    So I have my proofs of residency in order (W2, bank and credit card statements), save for one of my credit card statements (the most recent one) that doesn't have my address on it. Any opinions on whether or not that matters when it comes to proving residency?
    When it comes to proving residency for the 5 points, you need the bill stating the address and what month it was for. And to paraphrase what Peggy Quinn told us about the time frame they're looking for, The FDNY is looking for a very specific one year time frame for residency credit, we don't care where you lived before that year, we don't care where you lived after that year, we need proof for that one year. As for current residency, which has nothing to do with the 5 point residency credit, you need the same stuff but only showing 3 months back.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  24. #16049
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    yea they really dont let things slide

  25. #16050
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    DWN im right in your wheelhouse for list number 33xx, you think we'll get paperwork after the next class goes in? As in this summer? I'm thinking they may just go with everyone with 100% score, they seem to be going in entire score groups so far.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 6 guests)

  1. Matador611,
  2. Nyscourts2fdny

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register