Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 642 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 142542592632639640641642643644645652692742 ... LastLast
Results 12,821 to 12,840 of 20369
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Anyone in the 500's+ who got their letters for medical, can you post your date of medical? Trying to get an idea of how long until

Forum Member

Its no problem. Im scheduled for Aug 22

Forum Member

Thanks brother

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I wouldn't let the numbers you see here bother you too much. They are exactly what you said: projections. And at that, the numbers really qualify more as speculation. Be prepared in every facet - health, fitness, paperwork, etc - the readiness will give you an advantage.

As far as the residency goes, they are being strict. If you have your paperwork in order and you're really a legit resident, not much reason to worry.
    Thanks man. I know I have a few years but I realized that I missplaced a few W2's. I might as well re order those and bank statements and credit card statements ASAP.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I went to CPAT with that guy Michael. Awesome guy who was very excited about the job and had a great attitude. Not to mention he destroyed the CPAT and was obviously well prepared for the academy. It's unfortunate that this happens to guys who want the job most.
    Wow that's Wednesdays tour B. You must have been in my cpat training too, that guy Michael was a beast. Sucks he lost his points

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Wow that's Wednesdays tour B. You must have been in my cpat training too, that guy Michael was a beast. Sucks he lost his points
    Haha yeah bro, I was there. You get a medical yet?
    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 103
    List # - 4XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Haha yeah bro, I was there. You get a medical yet?
    Yea my medical is the 15th that's crazy I feel bad for that kid he was definitely one of top performers there

Forum Member

Yea my medical is the 15th that's crazy I feel bad for that kid he was definitely one of top performers there
    can u check your pm when you get a chance please.

Forum Member

This is a little off topic but I don't recall seeing this brought up yet... does anyone OTJ have an idea of how protein supplements are viewed by instructors at the Rock? Like whey protein for example...do they not want anyone taking that stuff while in the academy? I don't see why it would matter, although I know they would not want people using anything that would dehydrate you. To my knowledge, whey protein doesn't do that.

And maybe this is just me being paranoid, but could something like whey protein or any supplement for that matter give you a false positive on a drug test?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    This is a little off topic but I don't recall seeing this brought up yet... does anyone OTJ have an idea of how protein supplements are viewed by instructors at the Rock? Like whey protein for example...do they not want anyone taking that stuff while in the academy? I don't see why it would matter, although I know they would not want people using anything that would dehydrate you. To my knowledge, whey protein doesn't do that.

And maybe this is just me being paranoid, but could something like whey protein or any supplement for that matter give you a false positive on a drug test?

if you're eating a balanced diet you don't need to take any sort of supplements. That's my personal opinion and I've heard a few instructors at the rock say the same thing.

Forum Member

Dude... 1 Lbs of chicken breast has around 100g of protein...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Dude... 1 Lbs of chicken breast has around 100g of protein...
    Yea I know. I eat a lot of chicken and steak and other good workout foods, but I just don't always have time to cook meals like that every day of the week or right after workouts. So I figured I could fill in the gaps with a protein powder.

Forum Member

Yea I know. I eat a lot of chicken and steak and other good workout foods, but I just don't always have time to cook meals like that every day of the week or right after workouts. So I figured I could fill in the gaps with a protein powder.
    I'm the same way bro... What I do is I usually carry around foods like tuna, peanut butter, whole grain breads, boiled eggs etc... Quick things that don't really need to be cooked and I'm able to hit my macros like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I'm the same way bro... What I do is I usually carry around foods like tuna, peanut butter, whole grain breads, boiled eggs etc... Quick things that don't really need to be cooked and I'm able to hit my macros like that.
    Whey protein is good, although your right with a balanced diet you don't need to take any whey protein.. but whey protein is very good, and its nothing that will cause any sort of false drug test, as those test for hormones/testosterone, which whey protein has nothing to do with..

Whey protein is healthy and has a lot of amino acids and has virtually no carbs or fat and desolves easy in water, so its easy fast pure protein.

Ive been taking whey protein for years, but I recently just switched to muscle milk because it has a lot of carbs in it in addition to more protein, because im trying to bulk.

Forum Member

Jukez, what list number are you around. If you dont mind me asking?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Whey protein is good, although your right with a balanced diet you don't need to take any whey protein.. but whey protein is very good, and its nothing that will cause any sort of false drug test, as those test for hormones/testosterone, which whey protein has nothing to do with..

Whey protein is healthy and has a lot of amino acids and has virtually no carbs or fat and desolves easy in water, so its easy fast pure protein.

Ive been taking whey protein for years, but I recently just switched to muscle milk because it has a lot of carbs in it in addition to more protein, because im trying to bulk.
    http://johnalvino.com/wp-content/upl...king-bro1.jpeg
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Jukez, what list number are you around. If you dont mind me asking?
    Mid-high 1000s.

Forum Member

Now that everyone is getting their medical, when would we get our psych? Anyone in the low 500s or below got their psych yet?

And MESAman: The key word is supplement meaning it completes a diet. If you eat a well-balanced diet meaning its complete then a supplement isn't needed.
    Sultan likes this.

Forum Member

Yeah I feel really bad for Michael...really cool kid and was definitely a beast at CPAT training.

Forum Member

Anyone know when someone in about the 1300's on the list should expect something in the mail?

Thread Information