Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #16051
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    DWN im right in your wheelhouse for list number 33xx, you think we'll get paperwork after the next class goes in? As in this summer? I'm thinking they may just go with everyone with 100% score, they seem to be going in entire score groups so far.
    You know, I've played a lot of scenarios out in my mind as to what might happen. I would like to think that we may hear something in July or August concerning the CPAT or to get the coveted 9 lb. package stuffed in our mailbox.

    But to be honest, everytime I think I figured something out, a curveball gets thrown. I mean, I asked last Friday, what number had been reached and it was around 1,300. I wake up on Thursday morning to hear about guys in the 2,100's receiving packets.

    The only logical conclusion that I can come to is that the additional number of candidates were contacted in the hopes of getting everyone in the "chute" for the possibility of 3 classes for 2014. If that's the case, hopefully those of us around the mid-3,000's hear something late 2014.

    All I can do now is run every morning and lift every night.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  2. #16052
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    Just came home from a long hard mind numbing day at work......I GOT MY PACKET! Wooooo



    101
    List # 140X
    congrats guy. Haven't received mine yet , just curious when your intake is dated and how much time you have between packet and investigator. Thanks
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam #6019
    Exam #2000

    Score 101
    List # 14xx

  3. #16053
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I usually run along the belt pkwy but lately I've been running around Dyker park as well. It's a little over two miles for a lap around it. PM if you guys want to meet up..
    A LAP AROUND DYKER!! are u guys nutz or are u talking about just the grassy part where the mexicans play soccer?? u run around the golf course too?
    List 20##
    Score 101

  4. #16054
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Did you get your packet to start the process or to actually start the academy?

  5. #16055
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Got my packet today. List #18xx. I have an Intake date for the very end of February

    Good Luck everyone.
    Last edited by FullMetalJacket223; 12-06-2013 at 02:32 PM.

  6. #16056
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hello all. I'm pretty new to this but I've been reading post for quite some time now. Trying to figure out what number on the list did they get to when calling for this past class. What number will they start calling from for the upcoming class. Just a little lost with the whole process, especially with the lack of communication from my investigator. Anyone has any clues?

    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 106
    List # - 1XX
    Last edited by USMC_P; 12-06-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Left out some information

  7. #16057
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    My theory is for this coming January if they reach up to 900, 1000-1900 will be for summer, and beyond that,January 2015, assuming they don't do three classes a year which I find doubtful they would do. My intake is march, which is probably similar to those who got their packets recently, makes me think I am more likely to reach a early 2015 class realistically considering it takes five to six months to be fully investigated and processed.

  8. #16058
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Gotcha. Would number would you assume that they left off at for this past academy?

  9. #16059
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    My theory is for this coming January if they reach up to 900, 1000-1900 will be for summer, and beyond that,January 2015, assuming they don't do three classes a year which I find doubtful they would do. My intake is march, which is probably similar to those who got their packets recently, makes me think I am more likely to reach a early 2015 class realistically considering it takes five to six months to be fully investigated and processed.
    If they get up too 900 for this January class, which I think is possible, then I think they will get past 1900 for the spring class. The reason is because not all of the January class in going to be OC guys, it might only be 200-250 sports for OC, and the spring class should be mostly OC guys, if not all (300 or so spots for OC guys).

  10. #16060
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket223 View Post
    Got my packet today. List #18xx.

    Good luck everyone
    damn...so jealous...good luck man
    FullMetalJacket223 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  11. #16061
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    When it comes to proving residency for the 5 points, you need the bill stating the address and what month it was for. And to paraphrase what Peggy Quinn told us about the time frame they're looking for, The FDNY is looking for a very specific one year time frame for residency credit, we don't care where you lived before that year, we don't care where you lived after that year, we need proof for that one year. As for current residency, which has nothing to do with the 5 point residency credit, you need the same stuff but only showing 3 months back.
    Oh when I said the most recent statement I didn't mean this year. I meant the latest statement in that 1 year window (2010-2011)
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  12. #16062
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    yea they really dont let things slide

    Lol, yes I would have to think they're very thorough...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  13. #16063
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    If they get up too 900 for this January class, which I think is possible, then I think they will get past 1900 for the spring class. The reason is because not all of the January class in going to be OC guys, it might only be 200-250 sports for OC, and the spring class should be mostly OC guys, if not all (300 or so spots for OC guys).
    I like your theory better but I figure more people will likely say yes then no this early in the list, I hope to make it for the 2nd class in 2014 but just thinking more conservatively. I am shocked to receive my packet so early when I expected it to arrive February or March.

  14. #16064
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_P View Post
    Hello all. I'm pretty new to this but I've been reading post for quite some time now. Trying to figure out what number on the list did they get to when calling for this past class. What number will they start calling from for the upcoming class. Just a little lost with the whole process, especially with the lack of communication from my investigator. Anyone has any clues?

    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 106
    List # - 1XX
    Hey man, they started calling from the early mid 100's on the OC list. So with your list number I'd start reaching out like crazy if you havent heard anything. You should honestly be all done except for the run at this point.
    List # 12XX

  15. #16065
    OAK
    OAK is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    A LAP AROUND DYKER!! are u guys nutz or are u talking about just the grassy part where the mexicans play soccer?? u run around the golf course too?
    I was referring to the golf course, the soccer field and the park. It's a little over 2 miles for one lap. PM for details..

  16. #16066
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Hey man, they started calling from the early mid 100's on the OC list. So with your list number I'd start reaching out like crazy if you havent heard anything. You should honestly be all done except for the run at this point.
    So with that being said, I'm not 100% sure of what else is need other than the run. I did all of my medical and was cleared. Passed the CPAT earlier this year. Just trying to see if there are any other checks in the box that I am missing.

  17. #16067
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hey Man,
    I posted a few pages back that I had gone through all the processing last Spring. Called my investigator earlier this week and he had pretty much nothing to say. Speaking with ppl from the previous class, at this point we just need to sit tight, keep training, stay healthy, avoid trouble ( with the law) and wait for a run letter in the mail. Good luck
    Sammy Bones likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

  18. #16068
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_P View Post
    So with that being said, I'm not 100% sure of what else is need other than the run. I did all of my medical and was cleared. Passed the CPAT earlier this year. Just trying to see if there are any other checks in the box that I am missing.
    Nah man you're not alone. After passing the CPAT back in May and being told from my investigator I would miss the July class by a couple of spots, I haven't heard a word from her since. I know my paperwork is all good, so no worries. Just keep an eye out for the letter for the next month.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 106
    List: 1**

  19. #16069
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Finally got my packet. Here we go again... Needless to say I'm stoked.
    Last edited by sffdnyhopeful09; 12-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    My1Goal, vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

    Exam 2000
    List #14**

  20. #16070
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Nah man you're not alone. After passing the CPAT back in May and being told from my investigator I would miss the July class by a couple of spots, I haven't heard a word from her since. I know my paperwork is all good, so no worries. Just keep an eye out for the letter for the next month.
    Thanks a lot Sammy.. Thought I did something wrong or forgot to do something. I called my investigator but of course she told me nothing. Thanks man

  21. #16071
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Finally got my packet. Here we go again... Needless to say I'm stoked.
    Congrats. Same boat as you...was in the door for 6019 (passed run and then got shafted). its been too long. good luck. hopefully i get my packet today

    Sitting patiently at 18**
    Last edited by bk60191983; 12-06-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: error
    My1Goal and sffdnyhopeful09 like this.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

  22. #16072
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    Congrats. Same boat as you...was in the door for 6019 (passed run and then got shafted). its been too long. good luck. hopefully i get my packet today

    Sitting patiently at 18**
    Just got my packet as well, and also in the same boat. It's been 6 years and counting. Our time is coming brothers.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  23. #16073
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    48

    Default

    no packet today. list number 16XX.
    Last edited by ireedmymail; 12-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.

  24. #16074
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    anybody in 1000's get letter for medical or actually do the medical yet??

  25. #16075
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    In the 19XX! Got packet today! Good luck and hope everyone gets there packet ASAP!
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14
    Medical 7/23/14

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 47 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 37 guests)

  1. Blinkster,
  2. Britches,
  3. BrooklynBorn,
  4. fdnybk,
  5. k20dc2,
  6. Manhattan Medic,
  7. Matador611,
  8. MuscleHamster,
  9. Smoove,
  10. vekdoggs75

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register