Like Tree11283Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Follow up: I hung up & called right back to see if I'd get differing info. This time I got a woman who said all PSI could confirm is we'd know how many Q's we got right/wrong during the review. We COULD get some sort of score before hand, but that all depends on what DCAS decides to do.

So I gave DCAS a call to see if they could answer, the man I spoke to had no clue what was going on. Was giving incorrect info. I just said thanks and hung up, it wasn't going any where.

Love how people who work at these agencies are so knowledgeable (sarcasm).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I thought just recently PSI said that the May 11th date isn't correct and they don't know when they will be holding the review classes ?
    I scheduled my exam review for the 12th of May so apparently they are holding these review sessions. Very nervous to see what I got wrong, if I did get any wrong.

I'm actually very curious as to how they will conduct the review for the personality section, if they will at all.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    I'm glad I didn't blow $50 on this thing..
    Why would you say that exactly????

Forum Member

Is it mandatory that we go to an exam review, or is that just to determine what, if anything, we got wrong for next time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rescue_1 View Post
    Is it mandatory that we go to an exam review, or is that just to determine what, if anything, we got wrong for next time?
    it is not mandatory that you go, but unless you got a perfect score it's going to be beneficial for you to go and try and up your score.

Forum Member

Signed up for the review on the 12th in BK

Forum Member

Signed up for the review on the 12th in BK
    Sorry fellas...haven't taken the exam yet so I'm a little confused as to what the review actually is? Not sure if they had one for 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Sorry fellas...haven't taken the exam yet so I'm a little confused as to what the review actually is? Not sure if they had one for 6019.
    I think they go over the answers and say if their are questions that enough people answered wrong and the majority answered that said question with same answer they'll reward you credit for it. I think it's something like that.

Forum Member

Hey guys question... Does the fdny have to fill a quota for hiring a certain number of woman ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by foxy4647 View Post
    Hey guys question... Does the fdny have to fill a quota for hiring a certain number of woman ?
    going out on a limb and saying you're a woman. Fantastic way to introduce yourself to the thread if I am correct.

Forum Member

Not sure if thats ment to be sarcastic ... But yes. My names meaghan im taking the test on the 6th. Just curious

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Not sure if thats ment to be sarcastic ... But yes. My names meaghan im taking the test on the 6th. Just curious
    You might want to get in contact with The United Women Firefighters Association. Pretty sure they can give you a better answer, good luck to you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Good luck jay513 tomorrow
    Thanks bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post

Interesting...I took it at studio square on the 21st and I got there an hour early for a noon test. Wasn't seated in front of a computer until 10 after noon. Id say there was around 100 people and the slot before and after both looked pretty full. It is weird that they paid all this money to rent computers and halls to have the exams and the places are half full. I don't buy that half the people that signed up are skipping out now. Maybe a quarter when its all said and done.
    I took the test yesterday at studio square, just as you mentioned there were about 100 people there, also very diverse. Females, Male,, black, white, hispanic, asian, tall, short, fat, slim, all kinds of people. When I was leaving there was a whole new crew coming in, place was packed.

they gave us a small 7 x 5 inch ziplock bag to put our personal belongings.. nothing is allowed in, not even pens or pencils!. I received a sheet for scheduling the exam review, they told me it will start May 11th..

test itself is straight forward, not going into details. pretty easy if you study.

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...2012_03_06.pdf

the actual sheet i received at the testing center for the review.

Forum Member

Im pretty sure it was meant to be sarcastic. You'll find basically everyone on here has a sore spot for quotas of any kind.

Forum Member

I think they go over the answers and say if their are questions that enough people answered wrong and the majority answered that said question with same answer they'll reward you credit for it. I think it's something like that.
    thanks dude - figured that but just wanted to make sure.

Forum Member

to those who are going to the review in may.. did you notice the site says for us to bring our original admission notice and a form of ID.. when i took my test i gave the test proctors my admission slip as did everyone else.. any suggestions? i was just going to print the sheet from the psi site stating the date of the review for me

Forum Member

Just finished. I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "really easy" as I've seen/heard some people say. I'll go so far as to say it was trickier than 6019 in fact. Now I'm not saying this to make anyone nervous. Please don't be. That's the worst thing you can do to yourself. I'm just giving my honest assessment.

And when people say "not really any surprises per se, but not what I was expecting".......I understand that statement now.

Forum Member

I'm assuming you're not going to turn it down if so... Get hired on scores and merrits. Don't you worry about quotas. FDNY is fighting tooth-and-nail to avoid them and knowing your life depends on the competency of your partners, you should too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    And when people say "not really any surprises per se, but not what I was expecting".......I understand that statement now.
    Is it safe to assume we can actually over-study?

Forum Member

if Washington says the personality part may be weighted the most, Id put my money on that being the case

http://www.qchron.com/editions/easte...07c69349e.html

Forum Member

FDNY Exam Review Appointment
    05/11/2012
    12:00 PM - 3:45 PM

---------------------------------
    Identification
    Admission Ticket
    Admisssion Notice (<--copy and paste, not my typo)

Note: Appropriate identification will be required when you check-in for your testing appointment. PSI can not allow you to test if you fail to bring any of the specified forms of identification or any documents required for testing listed above.
    --------------------------------------

i think someone mentioned it before, how are we suppose to go to the review when psi took our admission notice when taking the exam, are we getting a new one sent in the mail? is there any way to print the original one?

Forum Member

great article hopefulff posted.i love the threat of being drafted...nowhere has reinstatement of a draft been mentioned in years yet someone on the fdny has insider pentagon information,

Forum Member

does anyone know where I can find the schedule for the city's tutorial classes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    if Washington says the personality part may be weighted the most, Id put my money on that being the case

http://www.qchron.com/editions/easte...07c69349e.html

All speculation, I wouldn't put any stock in it. Nobody knows how the test will be graded. As for the "draft" comment, that was probably said so as to motivate test takers to do well on the exam so minorities can be better represented in the FDNY, which has been the Vulcan's MO this entire time.

Thread Information