Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115165565 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 20348
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

That statement, word for word, "I enjoy daily routines" is straight out of my packet from one of the cram courses I was in.

The instructor told us to say AGREE

Forum Member

Evenin', Fellas. You're going against the advice of your instructors in trying to de-code the questions. The questions are designed to find the best candidate for the job. If you don't like routines, then disagree. If you like routines, then agree. There'll likely be 10 other questions attempting to find out the exact same information, only it will be worded differently.

Also, I'm not sure who said it but the background survey is not the same, and will not replace, the written psychological examination.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    To those who want to know what's on the test from those who have an early test date, I think you're a joke. Nobody on here is anyone's "bro" or "brother", yet. Right now, we are all each others competition. If I work hard enough to be hired, I'm more than glad to lend a helping hand to my fellow probies. But to those who want "insider information" from those who have an early test date, you're no better than the groups who ask for crap they didn't earn.

Maybe I'm a pr*ck, but that is my opinion. I guess that's the Marine in me that has this weird desire to earn what I get. I'm asking that those who take the test early do not share any information once they take the exam. Why give your competition an advantage that you did not have. That would suck if you missed a question and you "hooked up" someone you didn't know and they got hired and you didn't.
    Couldn't agree more. I took the exam today. Good luck to all taking it in the next few weeks, but please do everybody a favor and keep a tight lip on any details. Anybody who gives up info is screwing everybody who takes it early and after the past 4 years it would be pretty crappy to be at a disadvantage just for taking the exam on the first day it was given. I know there are probably 100's of different questions and maybe nobody will take the same exact exam, but i knew nothing about specifics of the test going into it and that's how it should be for every other candidate.

Forum Member

I recall the officer at my prep class saying that you could appeal/protest certain questions that you get wrong, after the exam takes place. Does anyone know anything about this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I took the exam today. Good luck to all taking it in the next few weeks, but please do everybody a favor and keep a tight lip on any details. Anybody who gives up info is screwing everybody who takes it early and after the past 4 years it would be pretty crappy to be at a disadvantage just for taking the exam on the first day it was given. I know there are probably 100's of different questions and maybe nobody will take the same exact exam, but i knew nothing about specifics of the test going into it and that's how it should be for every other candidate.
    good luck man, how do you think you did?

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    I think your absolutely right but it would be nice for you to share your feelings on the test overall. Do you think it was fair did you find it easy. That's if it's ok with you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    I recall the officer at my prep class saying that you could appeal/protest certain questions that you get wrong, after the exam takes place. Does anyone know anything about this?
    You can protest questions on any city exam

Forum Member

I have a general question to those who have already taken the exam. Did they tell you your final score or how many questions you got right/wrong? I'd appreciate it if anyone could share this info. Thanks!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

That information would be nice to know. Computerized testing for NYPD gives your raw score at the end and even puts it on a nice piece of paper. That test didn't have a personality/background survey though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Evenin', Fellas. You're going against the advice of your instructors in trying to de-code the questions. The questions are designed to find the best candidate for the job. If you don't like routines, then disagree. If you like routines, then agree. There'll likely be 10 other questions attempting to find out the exact same information, only it will be worded differently.

Also, I'm not sure who said it but the background survey is not the same, and will not replace, the written psychological examination.

I see what you mean, and that is a good point, but....the issue with the Q we are going back and forth on is way too general. You could like daily routines when it comes to your diet, when you work out, when you read, do stuff around your house....but also like to be spontaneous other times. That's my beef with the Q.

Forum Member

I took the test yesterday and I thought the test was very fair unlike the last one. If you've studied and took practice tests you have nothing to worry about. No you don't get a score at the end since I'm sure they haven't figured out how they're going to score all of the personality based questions. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully see you at the Rock soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    I took the test yesterday and I thought the test was very fair unlike the last one. If you've studied and took practice tests you have nothing to worry about. No you don't get a score at the end since I'm sure they haven't figured out how they're going to score all of the personality based questions. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully see you at the Rock soon!
    Wait, "fair unlike the last one." Please educate me as to how exactly the last one was unfair and what makes this one so "fair."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    Wait, "fair unlike the last one." Please educate me as to how exactly the last one was unfair and what makes this one so "fair."
    I'm sure he just meant that this time we were actually told what will be on the test unlike 6019 when we were blindsided by a 1/3 of the test being personality questions.

Forum Member

Gimme, sorry that didn't come across very well. River is exactly right with what I meant. Thinking I was prepared for that last test and then being thrown that nonsense "spilled chilli" question was ridiculous. There are no surprises on this test, that's all I was getting at.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I'm sure he just meant that this time we were actually told what will be on the test unlike 6019 when we were blindsided by a 1/3 of the test being personality questions.
    When you took your SAT'S did the colleges you applied to offer you study guides and FREE courses to help you prepare?

We're trying to get a job with the best fire department in the world, why should we know whats on the exam? As far as I'm concerned nobody should know whats on the exam and then the truly best candidates will easily standout. If you think a test that's given over the course of two months is more fair than a test everybody took on one day at the same exact time, you're delusional.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

When you took your SAT'S did the colleges you applied to offer you study guides and FREE courses to help you prepare?

We're trying to get a job with the best fire department in the world, why should we know whats on the exam? As far as I'm concerned nobody should know whats on the exam and then the truly best candidates will easily standout. If you think a test that's given over the course of two months is more fair than a test everybody took on one day at the same exact time, you're delusional.
    One word Kaplan.
    But I also understand your point of view.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 03-16-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    One word Kaplan.
    But I also understand your point of view.
    "One word," D0UCHE. I capitalized FREE for a reason! Kaplan is a private company offering prep just like all these other companies that came out of the woodwork for this exam.

Pay attention to detail, its a trait you'll need to excel on civil service exams.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 03-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Forum Member

Got my exam tomorrow at noon. Got a good feeling about it. Feel like I prepared myself enough to do well on it. Who knows about the personality questions and how they're going to grade them.

Forum Member

Agreed - Before this exam there wasn't a person gunning for this job that wasn't treated fairly. You sat down and took a test on the same date with the same questions without having to divulge all this racial information so we can see the results of this whole "diversification" project. Now we got guys on the verge of getting backpay and maybe hired from decade old exams, whites being shunned by the Vulcans at test preps, personality questions that would have Einstein scratching his head, and an exam that will be given out for almost a 2 month span (as Gimme said). I gave up on "Fair" back in '08.

Forum Member

The PSATs we pretty damn exact as to what to expect on the actual SATs. I dont recall to many schools not having those. Honestly 6019 was a fair test because we all got surprised by the personality section equally. But if there was a special book that you had to buy to know about that section or an exclusive course THEN it would've been BS. But as it were we all had the same disadvantages in that section.

Thread Information