Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #16251
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    For anyone interested I converted the Probationary Firefighters Manual into one combined pdf file.

    Here is the link to download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2muqo76xl0...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    SouthBK84 and JDNY13 like this.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

  2. #16252
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    By the way guys, is clean shaven/business casual expected for CPAT prep orientation?
    I showed up in suit and tie. Other gentlemen showed up in sweats. Comments were made about the guys showing up in sweats, so I would wear something in between. There's no such thing as overdressed.

    And clean shaven is a must for any appointment in my opinion. Shows professionalism and that you have respect for where you are and you didn't just roll out of bed to get there.

    Just my personal opinion though.

  3. #16253
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    i was wondering the same thing...anyone can shed light on that?
    EVERYWHERE YOU GO YOU ARE CLEAN SHAVEN. Your days of showing up to anything with any day-old fuzz on your face are over.

  4. #16254
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    For anyone interested I converted the Probationary Firefighters Manual into one combined pdf file.

    Here is the link to download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2muqo76xl0...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    Wow man, thanks for that!! It can get really annoying switching from all the pdf's lol. Quick question, the pdf you made has 1,169 pages in it, is that everything that was on the FDNY site or is some of that like additional stuff that you found somewhere else? Because to be honost I never noticed and didnt think it was that many pages lol

  5. #16255
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    For anyone interested I converted the Probationary Firefighters Manual into one combined pdf file.

    Here is the link to download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2muqo76xl0...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    Awesome man thanks !! I got it on my iBooks now !!! Was reading the general guidelines and I got hype lol I really hope it get my shot ...

  6. #16256
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Alright not starting a crossfit debate but one of the top trainers for all the best crossfit competitors in the world Chris Hinshaw has a great Instagram which he posts daily endurance workouts. His IG name is Hinshaw363 a lot of them follow some sort of sprinting resting sprinting format although these programs are not new sometimes it is helpful to have a program written for u and is important to finish whatever u begin. I've noticed increased improvement in my workload and recovery times from mixing in two or three of these a week and at least once a week i throw in a 5k and improve Everytime give it a shot if any of u are up for... Disclaimer they are mostly all nauseating and it's important to push yourself throughout also Strongmanwod.com great for developing raw strength obviously scale accordingly
    Thanks for those sites!! Crossfit is a bit too expensive for me, but I do try to incorporate these style workouts to my routine... The spartan race WODs are usually pretty good too. Here is today's for an example:
    150 jumping jacks
    15 burpees
    3 x 5 pull-ups
    15 box jumps
    15 sandbag squat-throws
    3 x 10 crunches
    3 x 10 jumping lunges
    5 x 25' bear crawl
    Run 1.5 miles

    Sprint: 1x
    Super: 2x
    Beast: 3x

  7. #16257
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Reading the orientation to the probie manual cracks me up. We can't even walk on the side walks hahaha. I can't wait to get yelled at. Is that weird?
    infolet333 likes this.

  8. #16258
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Easy killa, there are many white people who get away with murder as well..... Literally!
    No one is disputing that what he did was beyond stupid, childish, immature and that based off of these actions (and bear in mind we do not know everything about this probie) he is not upholding the integrity of the dept but you need to watch it when you begin assigning incompetence to individuals based off of there ethnicity.

    These "black people" have horrible work ethics. Damn, dude. That's one hell of an outlook - I'm sure that does not affect your everyday interactions with those that don't look exactly like you. It's gonna be beneficial to you as well when you have a Black or Latino officer.

    "Infiltrating" the FDNY with Blacks and Hispanics.... Kinda like when "they" infiltrated your schools, and military and neighborhoods I presume.

    Yes because every 35yr old white guy is doing the right thing and advancing society. There are no 35yr old white men beating their wives and children, raping, murdering or anything else.

    You need to seriously sit down and analyze your thoughts because soon enough they become your actions. And by the way I'm mixed, and I'm a veteran and an RN at the VA in Manhattan - but I guess I'm no where as mature as any white guy my age.

    Good luck with life dude. I sure hope you aren't ever gonna be my back-up when I'm working.
    Dude if a white guy did what this guy did, he'd be fired.

  9. #16259
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    John sounds really racist ...not sure if that will really help on the job.Going back to the article I really dont see much wrong in what he did.Some of you act like he killed someone.He is showing his chest ok....and he is black saying the N word.So am I missing something?
    I'll tell you why it's wrong, and for 2 reasons.

    #1) you represent the FDNY. Your conduct on and off duty represents the FDNY and brings shame to the department. The FDNY prides itself on being a job that you take to serve and help people, and a sacrifice your willing to make for that.. this guys actions were too in your face, too un professional, and basically broadcasting himself in FDNY uniform as being 1 which didn't take the job for what the FDNY stands for, but to simply act like a celebrity. If meeting women is an added benefit that happens when you causally mention in a social setting that your a fire fighter, great, I don't think anyone would be against that, but broadcasting yourself and advertising yourself in that manner, is unacceptable.

    2) Its wrong simply because he did it before, and it was brought to his attention that this is unacceptable and he was warned, more than once, and then he did it again. If you don't agree with this, its a simple rule to follow, don't post this on facebook, and not being able to follow that simple rule for the sake of your job, simply shows that he just doesn't give a F8ck..

    Would you want somebody that just doesn't give a f8ck coming to your home to save you from a fire in the middle of the night?

    I feel its okay to post a wholesome picture of you at your graduation. When I graduated academy, we all posted pictures of us at graduation, nothing offensive or anything that can make the department look bad, but just something for us to all look at and remember a great experience we all shared.

    If my department warned me, and said "you can't post any pictures of you at graduation with your family and/or classmates on facebook" then I would simply delete it and that would be the end of it.

    This guy is making the newspaper and he hasn't even graduated yet. that's whats wrong with this.

  10. #16260
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Dude if a white guy did what this guy did, he'd be fired.
    This is the only time I'll humor you with a response. A recent event wherein a F.F. Joseph Keene admitted to making bogus 911 calls in order to be able to rob several firehouses, was in the Daily News a couple months ago. Now mind you his action and the one in discussion are not truly comparable in terms of consequence - one, and you get no argument from me here is indicative of an individual who is repetitively displaying an inability to abide by FDNY guidelines, to listen to orders from superiors and is embarrassingly absent of integrity - sure a dirtbag but the other (a 6yr vet of the FDNY who is 34yr old) not only stole from his brothers (has that for fostering an environment of trust) but put lives at risk by sending FDNY members out on false runs. Does anyone say "oh, hey this is so indicative of white men in the FDNY.)? No. One because it's not true, two because his actions are not viewed as being related to his ethnicity. He is perhaps a dirtbag but nothing he did was attributed to his race. Ugh. Look man. I'm tired. I'm working overnights this month. I have not the time nor energy to engage in a conversation with you about this subject anymore. I've learned that willful ignorance is one of the most difficult entities to have a meaningful discussion with because it becomes an ideology that is self-perpetuating. Your view of the world is not what mine is and thankfully not what most of the people on this site is either. I'll end here because - what's the point, really? Goodnight.

  11. #16261
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Reading the orientation to the probie manual cracks me up. We can't even walk on the side walks hahaha. I can't wait to get yelled at. Is that weird?
    Not at all dude ... I want to live the academy myself from getting yelled at to getting beat up with the training .....

  12. #16262
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    This is the only time I'll humor you with a response. A recent event wherein a F.F. Joseph Keene admitted to making bogus 911 calls in order to be able to rob several firehouses, was in the Daily News a couple months ago. Now mind you his action and the one in discussion are not truly comparable in terms of consequence - one, and you get no argument from me here is indicative of an individual who is repetitively displaying an inability to abide by FDNY guidelines, to listen to orders from superiors and is embarrassingly absent of integrity - sure a dirtbag but the other (a 6yr vet of the FDNY who is 34yr old) not only stole from his brothers (has that for fostering an environment of trust) but put lives at risk by sending FDNY members out on false runs. Does anyone say "oh, hey this is so indicative of white men in the FDNY.)? No. One because it's not true, two because his actions are not viewed as being related to his ethnicity. He is perhaps a dirtbag but nothing he did was attributed to his race. Ugh. Look man. I'm tired. I'm working overnights this month. I have not the time nor energy to engage in a conversation with you about this subject anymore. I've learned that willful ignorance is one of the most difficult entities to have a meaningful discussion with because it becomes an ideology that is self-perpetuating. Your view of the world is not what mine is and thankfully not what most of the people on this site is either. I'll end here because - what's the point, really? Goodnight.
    Don't waste your time man, john246 is filth. His radical racist view points aren't the majority. There has to be something wrong with him, I think every post he's made has something about doc in it. The crazy thing is that he's talking about the fdny and the conduct of that FF but everything he's said has been 10x worse and if he was otj he'd be fired for those comments

  13. #16263
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    For anyone interested I converted the Probationary Firefighters Manual into one combined pdf file.

    Here is the link to download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2muqo76xl0...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    Thanks man

  14. #16264
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Wow man, thanks for that!! It can get really annoying switching from all the pdf's lol. Quick question, the pdf you made has 1,169 pages in it, is that everything that was on the FDNY site or is some of that like additional stuff that you found somewhere else? Because to be honost I never noticed and didnt think it was that many pages lol
    That's everything from the site starting from orientations and ending with chapter 25. 1169 pages !
    So if you plan on printing it out it will be pricey.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

  15. #16265
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    That's everything from the site starting from orientations and ending with chapter 25. 1169 pages !
    So if you plan on printing it out it will be pricey.
    Okay cool! I guess I never took everything into consideration, once again thank you for the pdf!
    Jackooze likes this.

  16. #16266
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Reading the orientation to the probie manual cracks me up. We can't even walk on the side walks hahaha. I can't wait to get yelled at. Is that weird?
    "No probie shall walk on any carpeted area". Dude we're gunna be treated like dirt till June arent we. I cant wait either, this is gunna be the best verbal abuse ever lol.
    Patiently_Waiting and JDNY13 like this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

    list number: 2xx

  17. #16267
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Reading through the rules in the probie book makes me so stoked!

    I always said that if I could go back and do one thing over again, it would be Marine Corps bootcamp. Not because I have regrets, but because it was the toughest and most rewarding experience in my life. I feel like probie school is going to be my second helping of bootcamp.

    SEMPER FI!!!
    chadxmerch, FuDsNmYc and JDNY13 like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  18. #16268
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    For John246, I suggest you stop acting like you are some sort of spokesman for other people. You have really idiotic responses, and if you do get on, would love to see the firehouses react to you. You might a hard worker, but if you can't be quiet, they will torture you. Hopefully this will be my last response to your radical posts.
    As far as getting yelled at, wait till your in the crapper and they come in telling you that you have 10 seconds to get out. That the worst! LOL

  19. #16269
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    76

  20. #16270
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Reading through the rules in the probie book makes me so stoked!

    I always said that if I could go back and do one thing over again, it would be Marine Corps bootcamp. Not because I have regrets, but because it was the toughest and most rewarding experience in my life. I feel like probie school is going to be my second helping of bootcamp.


    SEMPER FI!!!
    Haha yea, looking back PI was a good time,
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

  21. #16271
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    The remarks, a violation of the FDNYs social-media policy, came after Smith got a strict warning about his postings, which included sexually suggestive photos of himself in fire garb.

  22. #16272
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    The remarks, a violation of the FDNY’s social-media policy, came after Smith got a strict warning about his postings, which included sexually suggestive photos of himself in fire garb.
    You haven't heard his rap songs. I watched it yesterday, it's horrible, he can't rap for the life of him.

  23. #16273
    Forum Member
    ladder9volley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    its a shame they probably couldn't get away with it.. but whatever house that probie taking pictures is going to, they should blow the picture up and stick it right over his bunk, the wall in the bathroom, on the back seat of the driver or officers seat, so he has to look at it on the way to the call etc

  24. #16274
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    They won't for fear of him being a baby and filing an EEO complaint and suing. They'll leave him alone.

  25. #16275
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    They won't for fear of him being a baby and filing an EEO complaint and suing. They'll leave him alone.
    Yep probably right. And when they tell him to mop the floor or clean dishes he will say they are harrassing him or something.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 17 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 13 guests)

  1. bklynmike91,
  2. Ffs2be,
  3. FFwnt2b,
  4. MikeLarryM35

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register