Like Tree9945Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Don't waste your time man, john246 is filth. His radical racist view points aren't the majority. There has to be something wrong with him, I think every post he's made has something about doc in it. The crazy thing is that he's talking about the fdny and the conduct of that FF but everything he's said has been 10x worse and if he was otj he'd be fired for those comments
    Whats racist about my opinion?

FACT: I paid money to take a test, I scored well on test, people who scored worse than me on test were hired before me... hows that not racist, and how am I racist for objecting to this?

FACT: So far, 2 minority candidates have made newspaper, 1 is this probie, the other is the woman who failed run 5 times.

FACT: Before I read article or knew who candidate was, I read people here posting about a probie getting into trouble for facebook posts.. I thought it was a white guy in his 20's doing it, and I've been saying he should be fired since then.

This probie, already had his probation extended 6 months for a DUI in his past. Now its extended 3 years... 5 year probation is unheard of.

FACT of life, black people can make any racist remarks they want and no1 blinks an eye, but being white you have to be careful with what you say because you don't want to be deemed a racist.

Im not racist, im just tired of the 1 sidedness.

A Hispanic guy kills a black teen with a troubled past, and everyone makes it a white on black racist hate crime.

3 blacks kill an innocent white guy while he was jogging, "just for fun" as they said, and you never heard about it for more than 1 newscast... you never had it in your face that 3 BLACKS killed a white guy, all you heard was 3 teens killed a college student.

Its reverse racism. My opinion is if a white guy did that, he'd be fired without question, especially after he was warned 2 times, and his probation was already extended 6 months due to a DUI.

That's my objection. Its so in your face that they aren't held to the same standards as everybody else, that its disgusting.
    Last edited by John246; 12-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Forum Member

Ugh, John you are gonna be a hit if you get on. I hope you you go to a house that has a lot of minorities in it, that would be awesome. And I sure hope you speak your mind the way you do hear. I'm sure being a corrections officer you have the balls to do it.

Forum Member

John246

only reason i havent said anything until now is cause I came on 3 pages after your first comment. And enough was already said.

You are out of line and need to stop posting about this topic on this forum.

Forum Member

For the cpat training at the rock. Why would you go in anything but sweats...aren't you doing a walk through of the actual physical? Just wondering. 6 years ago I just did the physical. I never went to any training at the rock. Thanks for the info
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

For the orientation of CPAT training at the Rock, you can go suit or nicely dressed. For the actual training, sweats......

Forum Member

Well got a nice taste of reality today, Went to speak with my investigator to make sure my paperwork was complete and upon waiting for her, she came out and literally said "Your in the 800's, We ain't getting to you no time soon, I don't have time to speak to you".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Well got a nice taste of reality today, Went to speak with my investigator to make sure my paperwork was complete and upon waiting for her, she came out and literally said "Your in the 800's, We ain't getting to you no time soon, I don't have time to speak to you".
    The run letters may go out in January so there's still some time that your investigator may request to speak to you if your list number comes up for the January class. Anywere between 700 -1000 would be good news.

Forum Member

If there were 76 drop outs and 50% were PHs then only 38 can recycle into the next class because someone posted way back that PHs only get one shot at the academy and can't recycle. Is this accurate?

Forum Member

For the guys who just graduated, how's your first day going? My buddy showed up 3 hours early with bagels and pastries lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    If there were 76 drop outs and 50% were PHs then only 38 can recycle into the next class because someone posted way back that PHs only get one shot at the academy and can't recycle. Is this accurate?
    Thats what was said, but I have a feeling the PHs will be able to recycle. Could anyone that was in the recent class confirm or deny that the PH's CAN'T recycle?

Forum Member

I don't know if they can recycle. As far as the 1st day, the way the scedule works, I have a few days of.

Forum Member

I forget what the exact number was, but remember there were a bunch of guys from EMS class who also took test 2000 within the projected hiring range >=97... I think it was 150-200?? I'm really looking forward to seeing how this upcoming class and the next class go. Will give us guys further down in the list (6,xxx) a good idea where we stand...

I recall someone from the last class saying PH's were able to recycle...

Forum Member

I'm half and half with John.

On one side many of you live in a bubble and don't see the world for how it truly is.

And on the other having worked with many DOC in the past. I have, in general, never met a bigger group of scum bags.
    OAK likes this.

Forum Member

For the CPAT orientation session I can only register on a day from January 6 to January 11. Does anyone have the option to choose different dates? I plan on rescheduling my CPAT orientation if there are other available dates. Thanks guys.

Forum Member

Anyone involved in the process know how it works with the run letters. Does your investigator request to meet with you beforehand and kinda give you an idea you might get called or do you just get the run letter and show up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    For the CPAT orientation session I can only register on a day from January 6 to January 11. Does anyone have the option to choose different dates? I plan on rescheduling my CPAT orientation if there are other available dates. Thanks guys.
    I'd imagine that those are the only days available.

Forum Member

I refuse to accept this ... Either she's lying or she don't know what she saying ... I'm feeling blah now

Anyone involved in the process know how it works with the run letters. Does your investigator request to meet with you beforehand and kinda give you an idea you might get called or do you just get the run letter and show up
    Once all the process is done ... You Get home from work/school/wherever and boom a letter for the run has arrived !!!

Forum Member

Can you get the SS Detailed Earnings statement online?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I refuse to accept this ... Either she's lying or she don't know what she saying ... I'm feeling blah now

Once all the process is done ... You Get home from work/school/wherever and boom a letter for the
    run has arrived !!!
    Yea seriously, the way she said it was so nasty and I was kinda ****ed off, but now I realize that she probably has to process all the recycling candidates and everyone before so maybe she doesn't have access to all the other investigators candidates and does not know how high the list is actually going to reach, whatever I'm gonna keep working out and make sure i'm ready if they do call

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anapolitano89 View Post
    For the guys who just graduated, how's your first day going? My buddy showed up 3 hours early with bagels and pastries lol
    I think we have the same buddy. Is he in The Bronx?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Thats what was said, but I have a feeling the PHs will be able to recycle. Could anyone that was in the recent class confirm or deny that the PH's CAN'T recycle?
    They CAN recycle. One guy, a PH (and a really good guy, btw), made it to the very end, but fell short of the 75 overall average needed to graduate. He was doing well by the end, but had dug himself too much into a hole in the beginning to recover. He was told he would be recommended to go into the next class.

Forum Member

Yea seriously, the way she said it was so nasty and I was kinda ****ed off, but now I realize that she probably has to process all the recycling candidates and everyone before so maybe she doesn't have access to all the other investigators candidates and does not know how high the list is actually going to reach, whatever I'm gonna keep working out and make sure i'm ready if they do call
    When I read these type of post I get turned off. I'm a cheerful person whether I'm having a bad day or a great day so it makes me wonder if these people are told to be that way for a reason or they just can't handle the stress of being over worked and be coming off nasty to people "/ ...
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I think we have the same buddy. Is he in The Bronx?
    Yes sir, just PM'd you
    Test 2000
    List #: 57XX

Forum Member

You guys should call the DCAS automated number. It has some interesting news. Says the list number currently eligible for hire is up to 388. The last elgible list number reached for the previous class was 102. And it will also tell you if you're not qualified yet (paper hasn't went through) or if you're outstanding certification. (Which means you took and passed both written and CPAT). If you have taken the CPAT and have not been moved to elgible yet, just means they haven't processed your paperwork yet. But I would almost bet that if you're 388 or below, you're in the January class.

DCAS number: 212-669-1357

Forum Member

What if thats the number they expect the reach regardless of paperwork? This seems way out of place.

EDIT: Also, was it always like this? I called this number before too and I didn't really pay attention to those details but this was before the class was even midterm.
    Last edited by bay_ridge_FF; 12-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Thread Information