Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I hope that's not true, the the list is gonna move so slowly then doesn't make sense to me considering how many people they prepped and how many people are in the process. Let's all hope for high numbers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I'm half and half with John.

On one side many of you live in a bubble and don't see the world for how it truly is.

And on the other having worked with many DOC in the past. I have, in general, never met a bigger group of scum bags.
    Don't lump us all together. This "scum bad" might save your life one day. That is all!!!
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

I dont think that 388 number is true. If the number is known for how high they reached for the OC list, why would the investigators keep it so private from the candidates under 388 yet make it public on a phone line? Doesnt make sense and Ive never heard of this happening before where it was public on the DCAS number before everyone else knew. Just my opinion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Don't lump us all together. This "scum bad" might save your life one day. That is all!!!
    You all aren't that bad. But 99% I've had the "pleasure" to deal with are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I dont think that 388 number is true. If the number is known for how high they reached for the OC list, why would the investigators keep it so private from the candidates under 388 yet make it public on a phone line? Doesnt make sense and Ive never heard of this happening before where it was public on the DCAS number before everyone else knew. Just my opinion.
    Hmm I agree ... I think they not up to date with the latest information because 388 is way to low ... All these numbers are based on estimate not accuracy but 388 is way out of range

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Hmm I agree ... I think they not up to date with the latest information because 388 is way to low ... All these numbers are based on estimate not accuracy but 388 is way out of range
    It stats the info is current as of 12/08 so this is new updated info. The 388 are "eligible certified" which I think it means that they are guaranteed to get into the next class assuming they pass the run. IMO 388 are the lowest the OC can be reached assuming they all pass the run but the OC list will be reached further because not everyone passes the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    It stats the info is current as of 12/08 so this is new updated info. The 388 are "eligible certified" which I think it means that they are guaranteed to get into the next class assuming they pass the run. IMO 388 are the lowest the OC can be reached assuming they all pass the run but the OC list will be reached further because not everyone passes the run.
    I think what this actually means that they've only checked off this many candidates who qualify for the next class in terms of paperwork. But not all of the 388 candidates are/will take the job (obviously). So this must mean that they need to qualify more candidates. It just seems so low. I can't imagine that's all the expect to get into the next class unless they know something we don't.

Hey MM, it seems your inbox is full. Just wanted to throw a question your way. No rush, and not extremely important. Whenever you get around to it, thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Can you get the SS Detailed Earnings statement online?
    When you do it online I've heard it can take up to a month to get even longer. If you go in person with a blank check you'll be out in an hour or so depending on the lines

Forum Member

I think the 388 is how many people they have completely processed and ready for the run/academy, not the list number they have reached. That would make more sense. It's probably 388 candidates out of, let's say, 800 list numbers. That's what I think..

Anyways, I had a question for guys that went through the academy. Did you guys keep track of your calorie intake? Obviously I'm watching what I eat, no fast food and junk food etc, but are you keeping your calories at a certain level to make sure you progress throughout the academy? I've been tracking my calories over the last 6+ months and dropped almost 40lbs, down to 170ish from 210. It's second nature to me at this point. Just wondering if you guys did it or if they spoke to you about your calories at all. Thanks.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think the 388 is how many people they have completely processed and ready for the run/academy, not the list number they have reached. That would make more sense. It's probably 388 candidates out of, let's say, 800 list numbers. That's what I think..

Anyways, I had a question for guys that went through the academy. Did you guys keep track of your calorie intake? Obviously I'm watching what I eat, no fast food and junk food etc, but are you keeping your calories at a certain level to make sure you progress throughout the academy? I've been tracking my calories over the last 6+ months and dropped almost 40lbs, down to 170ish from 210. It's second nature to me at this point. Just wondering if you guys did it or if they spoke to you about your calories at all. Thanks.
    That's an awesome diet you got going on !!! Do you mind sending me a detailed message of your diet and Workout trough pm please !!! Much appreciated.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

No, I didn't monitor my calories, and I guarantee a lot guys didn't. You go home at the end of the day exhausted, and you study. At the academy, you eat light because you don't know how much time you have to eat. Power and granola bars are your friends, and PT and rigorous training sessions helped me stay fit throughout the academy.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

When you call that number what does "not outstanding certification " mean? Has anyone gotten any different answer ?

Forum Member

So this would mean they are expecting to initially call anyone eligible up to 388 for the run. And then, if they don't get the numbers they want, they'll go higher and call more. This makes sense since this is what they did at the beginning of the last class and why they ended up calling some OC.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Cool

snowing in NYC

perfect weather for a run huh gents?
    JDNY13 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    snowing in NYC

Much rather be running in a blizzard than sitting behind this desk.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

About how long are the prep courses for the cpat? Also, are those prep courses the ones that would count as the test if you complete it in time? Or the actual testing is a different scheduled time after the prep is done?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    snowing in NYC

If you waiting for the run letter that wouldn't be a good idea you can brake something with the snow ... By the way .. When you get on the job can I take over your name !!! I'm going to need it
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

Stay motivated no matter what you hear!! Going for another 100 floors!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    About how long are the prep courses for the cpat? Also, are those prep courses the ones that would count as the test if you complete it in time? Or the actual testing is a different scheduled time after the prep is done?
    If by prep courses you mean the cpat training at the rock its from 6pm to 10pm weekdays and there's an early Saturday one. And no those do not count if you pass them it's only practice and the times don't count for anything just to help you get an idea of what to work on. The actual official practices are done by dcas in long island City and you get scheduled for the them somewhere toward the end of your training at the rock

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    When you call that number what does "not outstanding certification " mean? Has anyone gotten any different answer ?

Hey man,
    Just called the DCAS number and received the same message as you. I'm assuming from what people are saying, paperwork has not been fully processed. Makes sense considering the fact my investigator said everything was still under review as of last week.
    infolet333 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

And for the cpat training depending on what day you pick you go every other week for 6 sessions. My cpat came somewhere around my 4th or 5th session

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    I went to the Saturday afternoon sessions from 1-5 and we were usually out of there by 3:30pm. I think once we stayed a little past 4.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    That means you are good to go, just waiting for the hiring agency (fdny) to get to your number on the list. It will say not qualified if you haven't completed both the written and CPAT yet. If you have done the CPAT and are still not listed as qualified (not outstanding certification), then they haven't processed your results yet. You are not "officially" on the list until you're listed as "not outstanding certification." Basically 388 are good to go for the next class. They update the list every Sunday. So check it every Monday. If you guys think you're in hiring range for the next class I would be calling after next Monday and see what's up, because fdny will not call you unless your an "elgible" candidate on the civil service list. I checked it Saturday night and I was "not qualified". Checked Monday morning and now I'm qualified. And just to clarify, just because your "qualified" by DCAS, does not mean you're qualified by FDNY. The 388 that are good to go right now, don't sweat a thing, just wait for the call rather it be January or July. Any body above that number, I'm sure they'll process your results soon and you'll be good for the call in January or July too. Just keep an eye on it ladies and gentlemen. People do make mistakes, don't let someone else's mistake effect you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    That means you are good to go, just waiting for the hiring agency (fdny) to get to your number on the list. It will say not qualified if you haven't completed both the written and CPAT yet. If you have done the CPAT and are still not listed as qualified (not outstanding certification), then they haven't processed your results yet. You are not "officially" on the list until you're listed as "not outstanding certification." Basically 388 are good to go for the next class. They update the list every Sunday. So check it every Monday. If you guys think you're in hiring range for the next class I would be calling after next Monday and see what's up, because fdny will not call you unless your an "elgible" candidate on the civil service list. I checked it Saturday night and I was "not qualified". Checked Monday morning and now I'm qualified. And just to clarify, just because your "qualified" by DCAS, does not mean you're qualified by FDNY. The 388 that are good to go right now, don't sweat a thing, just wait for the call rather it be January or July. Any body above that number, I'm sure they'll process your results soon and you'll be good for the call in January or July too. Just keep an eye on it ladies and gentlemen. People do make mistakes, don't let someone else's mistake effect you.
    You just made my week...going for a run in this crap weather after work.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    fftank21 that is some good information. Question; what do you mean by not qualified and qualified and what is the correlation with "no outstanding certification"? does THAT mean you are or aren't qualified? I finished the CPAT in June.
    List # 2xx

Thread Information