Like Tree11286Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #16326
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    So this would mean they are expecting to initially call anyone eligible up to 388 for the run. And then, if they don't get the numbers they want, they'll go higher and call more. This makes sense since this is what they did at the beginning of the last class and why they ended up calling some OC.
    Damn I was hoping they would get higher than 388 for the run. Yea people are gonna fail the run, but its not going to be that many. If I had to guess, if 388 is whats initially going to be called for the run, then with failures they might only reach 400 for the class. Was really hoping it would have been higher than that.

    FDNYffHopeful- you mentioned you heard from a source dealing with hiring that 900 was a good shot for the January class. Have you heard anything new?

  2. #16327
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Much rather be running in a blizzard than sitting behind this desk.
    perfect weather to be having fun driving in my subie lol
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  3. #16328
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Much rather be running in a blizzard than sitting behind this desk.
    Same here lol
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  4. #16329
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    If you waiting for the run letter that wouldn't be a good idea you can brake something with the snow ... By the way .. When you get on the job can I take over your name !!! I'm going to need it

    IF I get it! Hopefully! But yeah man you got first dibs for my name!
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  5. #16330
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    I was told nothing is definite but, letters are definitely going out on the 23rd and that I should be watching my mailbox everyday after Xmas.

    Obviously said with a tone of it's happening but given his location and circumstances couldn't actually say anything on the phone.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

  6. #16331
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I was told nothing is definite but, letters are definitely going out on the 23rd and that I should be watching my mailbox everyday after Xmas.

    Obviously said with a tone of it's happening but given his location and circumstances couldn't actually say anything on the phone.
    I can confirm that date the 23rd that letters, emails, whatever are going out.
    infolet333 likes this.
    List # 2xx

  7. #16332
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?

  8. #16333
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?
    I WISH..no packets for us yet unfortunately. Im mid 2300's and I havrnt recieved anything. Patience my brother lol, we all want those packets lmao
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

  9. #16334
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I was told nothing is definite but, letters are definitely going out on the 23rd and that I should be watching my mailbox everyday after Xmas.

    Obviously said with a tone of it's happening but given his location and circumstances couldn't actually say anything on the phone.
    so your source is saying that you being in the 900s should be watching your mailbox because it looks like there making it up to or near your number?

  10. #16335
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?
    Not yet dude. I'm one of the last 101's on the list and haven't heard of anyone past me getting one. Patience! It'll be there before you know it! Trust me, I didn't think I'd have one until the summer haha
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  11. #16336
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?
    Someone in the 21xx got their packet. The 100's starts at 2220 so probably not yet.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  12. #16337
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I WISH..no packets for us yet unfortunately. Im mid 2300's and I havrnt recieved anything. Patience my brother lol, we all want those packets lmao
    I'm dying for mine right now, but I have a ways to go compared to you guys lol
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

  13. #16338
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    So the rumor is run letters are going out the 23rd but has anyone heard of when the next round of medicals are going out ?
    vekdoggs75 and Jackooze like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  14. #16339
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so your source is saying that you being in the 900s should be watching your mailbox because it looks like there making it up to or near your number?
    You got it. Hopefully he's right. But being in the 900's I'm on the cusp of the possibility of getting hired.

  15. #16340
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You got it. Hopefully he's right. But being in the 900's I'm on the cusp of the possibility of getting hired.
    yea I'm in the 1100s so im not within hiring range for this class. I just want to see this class to get as high as possible for this class. Get this list moving!

    I like your rumor/info more then the 388 info lol.

  16. #16341
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    fftank21 that is some good information. Question; what do you mean by not qualified and qualified and what is the correlation with "no outstanding certification"? does THAT mean you are or aren't qualified? I finished the CPAT in June.
    "Not outstanding certification" = qualified and eligible for appointment.

    "Not qualified" = still haven't finished the CPAT portion. (If you have taken and passed CPAT then you're just waiting for your results to be processed.)

  17. #16342
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Damn I was hoping they would get higher than 388 for the run. Yea people are gonna fail the run, but its not going to be that many. If I had to guess, if 388 is whats initially going to be called for the run, then with failures they might only reach 400 for the class. Was really hoping it would have been higher than that.

    FDNYffHopeful- you mentioned you heard from a source dealing with hiring that 900 was a good shot for the January class. Have you heard anything new?

    I believe they will reach higher than 388. But as of right now, only 388 are eligible for appointment. I'm sure dcas will process more applicants this week and that 388 number will jump up. Find out on Monday.

  18. #16343
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    547

    Default

    what is the highest list number reached for medicals? did the get to 11-1300s yet?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  19. #16344
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    I'm dying for mine right now, but I have a ways to go compared to you guys lol
    Yea man, I know your pain haha, just continue training and never lose hope. You are only 1 point away from me ya know. Time flies dude! I remember sitting down for the FDNY exam on March 17th, St. Patricks day none the less. I guess its a good omen since a huge majority of the FDNY is Irish..When I got my admission card in the mail and saw it was on St. Patricks day I just laughed..and was HAPPY AS HELL, lol. It was definately a wierd coincidence. Just keep training man! I just finished a great session on the stairmaster, 102 floors, 50 pounds, Level 6 ( 60 steps/Min).

  20. #16345
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    344

    Default

    It's also pretty neat that my intake interview is two years to the day that I took the exam haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  21. #16346
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    what is the highest list number reached for medicals? did the get to 11-1300s yet?
    I think they reach the high 900s or low 1000s for medicals.

    Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    I believe they will reach higher than 388. But as of right now, only 388 are eligible for appointment. I'm sure dcas will process more applicants this week and that 388 number will jump up. Find out on Monday.
    Yea I hope they add to that number this week. I hope they just processed those guys for now and are working on more this week.

  22. #16347
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Thanks for the info and uplifting words guys...i'm sure there will be a place for all of us in the FDNY over the next few years
    Dannypanigale likes this.

  23. #16348
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    "Not outstanding certification" = qualified and eligible for appointment.

    "Not qualified" = still haven't finished the CPAT portion. (If you have taken and passed CPAT then you're just waiting for your results to be processed.)
    thanks man much appreciated for the quick feedback
    List # 2xx

  24. #16349
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    guys, you do know its futile to argue with anyone who is "vulcan" right? back to more important things since ive amp'd up my training. I'm from bensonhurst and a few ppl have hit me up asking me if i wanna go for a run 2miles + etc... i always ignor ethis because I hate running. i run at the gym for the exact amount i have to run and thats it. or ill do elliptical for a many many miles. My question is am i looking at this the wrong way? or are most ppl on here being a little to paranoid about running and not paying attention to over all fitness. Why would anyone want to run 3-5 miles and and run everyday and put crazy stress on your knees. That poor kid from a few days ago saying he ran 5 miles and his shins are hurting. Honestly how dumb is that. Please some advice. i currently run 1.7 miles in 14 minutes. i am perfectly on pace to do the necessary run. am i being short sided? should i plan to run 3 miles or some other random *** number like some of the crazies on this forum?


    PS I hate running
    List 20##
    Score 101

  25. #16350
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    For like the first month at the Rock, you will be running every day and it will be more than 2 miles. If you hate running, I suggest you keep running and get accustomed to it. If the trainers see that you are always at the end, they will single you out. Overall fitness is important, do about 40 minutes of circuit training, then go running, that will simulate what you will doing in the academy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 30 users browsing this thread. (12 members and 18 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. EKFCASPER,
  3. FFwnt2b,
  4. fndyoneday,
  5. Glen-livid101,
  6. Grown Simba,
  7. joro89,
  8. k20dc2,
  9. MuscleHamster,
  10. Nyscourts2fdny,
  11. Smoove,
  12. thirdtimesacharm

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register