Like Tree10647Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    thx for all the responses guys. trust me. you guys know more than me. i just know way too many cop friends and port authority etc... adn they had to go through similar acadmies. maybe fd is harder but it cant be that much harder. They breezed through their academies. yea it was difficult but none of them trained like im reading some ppl do on this forum. All i'm saying is my motto will be incorporating swimming, jumoing jacks, incline walking, bike riding along with a lil bit of running. better on my knees. anyone else share this same school of thought? granted, i admit as soon as i get my run letter i will be running outside and for more than 1.7 miles to make sure i beat the time.
    If 60 people dropped out of the last FDNY academy, I'd believe that its a very hard academy and nothing like law enforcement academies. Law enforcement academies stress a lot of book work, which can be easy if you have good studying skills and are a good student, FDNY stresses physical fitness more than anything.

I'm going to go into the FDNY academy preparing and expecting it to be the hardest thing I've ever experienced in my life. If its not as hard as I expect, than good, I over prepared, and if its even harder than I expect, than atleast I know I gave it all 110%.

Forum Member

I got bad news for anyone who hope to run outside. This temperature will stay in 30s and below for the rest of week and possibly next week. It will only warmup for a snow storm that will come on Saturday and then freeze back up on Monday.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

Good Morning my good brothers! Please don't let these cold climates deter you from running outside. Throw a under armour or thermal on underneath a shirt and a hoodie and you'll be good to go! Dedication, discipline and determination hopefully will equate to your success.

Eligible List No. 17**
    Exam No. 2000
    Packet Received!
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

Motivation. 14 Cold Weather Safety Tips
    http://running.about.com/od/safetywe...thersafety.htm

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Motivation. 14 Cold Weather Safety Tips
    http://running.about.com/od/safetywe...thersafety.htm
    Great link and useful info, thanks for sharing that man

Forum Member

nothing like wanting to throw up during most of your morning workout :thumbs up:

hate working out before work

Forum Member

I've been out running a few times this week. Your pace may not be the same but getting a long run in to get your body used to the distance is still good for you. Under armour shirt pants and gloves are your friend. Stay warm.

Forum Member

Still running too in this cold... Sucks while doing it but payoff is worth it IMO. Have to be extra careful with the ice at night but just be sharp and pay attention to what you are doing... Glad to see others are doing the same... Was sick and rundown for over a week but my nightly workouts ( run and gym) have actually made me feel better. Just trying to be ready for anything, when I'm not in the mood to workout I just go on here and realize everything is so close!

Be safe on those runs!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Good Morning my good brothers! Please don't let these cold climates deter you from running outside. Throw a under armour or thermal on underneath a shirt and a hoodie and you'll be good to go! Dedication, discipline and determination hopefully will equate to your success.

Eligible List No. 17**
    Exam No. 2000
    Packet Received!
    Congrats buddy!
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

The right clothing and you'll be fine out there.

No other academy comes close to being as tough as Fdny. Nypd academy is a joke. I would in no way compare the two.

As far as the recycles...the medical you take is only good for a year. So depending on when these people dropped out and under what circumstances their medical will be expire by the January class. So unless they made the effort to push their investigator for another one or the dept is doing them now I imagine there will be several that won't be able to make January cuz they won't have medical clearence.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    The right clothing and you'll be fine out there.

No other academy comes close to being as tough as Fdny. Nypd academy is a joke. I would in no way compare the two.

As far as the recycles...the medical you take is only good for a year. So depending on when these people dropped out and under what circumstances their medical will be expire by the January class. So unless they made the effort to push their investigator for another one or the dept is doing them now I imagine there will be several that won't be able to make January cuz they won't have medical clearence.
    When did u graduate the PA??

Forum Member

I can understand not running because of ice, at this point in the game it's not worth the risk. But not running because it's too cold, all I can say to that is man up lol.
    USMC2024 and dwm326 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I can understand not running because of ice, at this point in the game it's not worth the risk. But not running because it's too cold, all I can say to that is man up lol.
    You'll be running in the cold at the academy. Then you'll throw your bunker gear on while your sweaty and cold. And working out in the snow, ugh, so glad I was in the summer class. Lol

Forum Member

Port authority? Not in the PA

Forum Member

i called the number and it says they reached #388 ...hope they reach the 500s for this academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    i called the number and it says they reached #388 ...hope they reach the 500s for this academy.
    What number? I thought DCAS did not share this info.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20xx

Forum Member

Anyone else who should have recived a packet, not get thiers yet? I tried calling Candidate Invistgations @ 718-999-2213 but no one picks up. Anyone else know another # I could use to talk to someone about not receiving a packet.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

May be a stupid question and will undoubtedly sound strange, so I'll try to word this as best as I can...

If a candidate gets a packet, does that mean that he/she is automatically being considered for appointment as long as he/she completes each step in the hiring process?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Port authority? Not in the PA
    Police Academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    May be a stupid question and will undoubtedly sound strange, so I'll try to word this as best as I can...

If a candidate gets a packet, does that mean that he/she is automatically being considered for appointment as long as he/she completes each step in the hiring process?
    I'll answer as simply as possible, YES. LOL

Forum Member

when you referred to the NYPD academy as a joke i assumed you understood the PA i was referring to
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I'll answer as simply as possible, YES. LOL

LOL, alright good.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post

If a candidate receives a packet, then that person will be hired as long as ALL of the hireling requirements are met. Or some a**hole judge dosent rule against your test.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Guys on the post 9-11 GI bill,Get all your award letters for every semester for your investigator. It shows income

Forum Member

Few more weeks fellas
    USMC2024 and FuDsNmYc like this.

Thread Information