Like Tree9885Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

They can call me a**hole or sh**head for 18 weeks. I don't care I'll just be glad to there.
    ffbam24 and NycQ83 like this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Quick question for guys that been to the academy and everything. I know this question may sound wierd but just hear me out lol How would the DI's in the academy address a probationary firefighter if the person has a long and difficult last name to pronounce? Because based on experience, nobody has ever been able to read my last name fluently or without questioning themselves and muttering while reading it lol. I dont mind them mispronouncing my name at all, im just curious about this lol. It must suck for the DI's, I would imagine they have to remember all the Probies names, or a good amount of them.
    "Dummy." "Tubby." "Weirdo" are a few of the classics.

Depending on your last name they'll make up a nickname.

They won't remember everybody's names. Your goal is to be one of the guys whose name they don't know.

Forum Member

is anybody else dying they arent going riding in the fresh stuff tomorrow?
    Fd2000ny likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    is anybody else dying they arent going riding in the fresh stuff tomorrow?
    I wish bro! Just got new bindings this summer too. Won't be able to try them until next winter unfortunately But it's for a good reason atleast haha
    NycQ83, Jackooze and coldblood92 like this.

Forum Member

For people who proved residency while being under 21, did the HS transcript work even if that 1 year period was after you graduated? I was a freshman in college from June 2010-July 2011.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

The DIs are professionals in their craft. It's a damn shame that one of mine is about to be promoted and won't be a DI anymore. Regardless of what your last name looks like they'll probably have a good nickname for you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    For people who proved residency while being under 21, did the HS transcript work even if that 1 year period was after you graduated? I was a freshman in college from June 2010-July 2011.
    Yeah, It worked for me. I believe we're about the same age

Forum Member

And if someone dormed outside of the city, if they were under their parents care and their permanent address was in the 5 boroughs residency is still good right?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Ok serious question to all the guys with a list number 600 and under. When you guys call the DCAS hotline to hear about your status, what is dcas telling you? When I call it says that I am "not currently on an oustanding certification". But I have passed the CPAT and all of the other parts of the hiring process so far. Is anybody else hearing that they are on a current outstanding certification, or are we all hearing the same message?

I just dont wanna miss out on the 1.5 mile run cuz somebody at DCAS accidentally forgot to punch my name into the certified list or something like that.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    Ok serious question to all the guys with a list number 600 and under. When you guys call the DCAS hotline to hear about your status, what is dcas telling you? When I call it says that I am "not currently on an oustanding certification". But I have passed the CPAT and all of the other parts of the hiring process so far. Is anybody else hearing that they are on a current outstanding certification, or are we all hearing the same message?

I just dont wanna miss out on the 1.5 mile run cuz somebody at DCAS accidentally forgot to punch my name into the certified list or something like that.
    I hear the same thing I'm done with everything and under 350
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I hear the same thing I'm done with everything and under 350
    So what are they saying that they've gotten up to list number 388?

Forum Member

I believe it was already posted here, that "Not outstanding certification" = ready for hire. I'm done with everything as well, low 300's, and hear the same thing for myself.
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

A little off topic but a question for anyone who was on FD ems at some point. For the background for ems do you need your emt-b card or just your certification number. Can't seem to find my card. Didn't get called for that yet but if I need a new card I should figure that out soon.

Forum Member

Don't know what number they will get to, but here's something to think about...76 drop outs from last academy. I assume most of them will be able to recycle. Then there are priority hires left, as well as a few promos left. P.S. Not trying to sound negative here, just trying to be realistic. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worse. P.S.S. I think watching the Giants being pathetic again, got me in a down mood LOL!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    Don't know what number they will get to, but here's something to think about...76 drop outs from last academy. I assume most of them will be able to recycle. Then there are priority hires left, as well as a few promos left. P.S. Not trying to sound negative here, just trying to be realistic. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worse. P.S.S. I think watching the Giants being pathetic again, got me in a down mood LOL!!!
    What do you guys think about this;

They need to hire 64 more latino PH's to fulfill the quota and abide by the hiring ratio (I believe that was what the number was). Do you think if some of the recycles are PH's that are latinos will count towards the quota they need to fill? Or do you think the 76 drop outs will be counted separately from the 64 other PH's they need to hire?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    What do you guys think about this;

They need to hire 64 more latino PH's to fulfill the quota and abide by the hiring ratio (I believe that was what the number was). Do you think if some of the recycles are PH's that are latinos will count towards the quota they need to fill? Or do you think the 76 drop outs will be counted separately from the 64 other PH's they need to hire?
    good point because was the court order saying that they had to offer the job and spots to a certain number of PHs, not that a certain number of PHs have to pass the academy.

Forum Member

If they update the number of qualified candidates (its at 388 now) they would be doing it tonight? so we should check tomorrow or tonight?

Forum Member

The thing that is crazy to think about is that if the 78 people are getting a second shot, and then the other 64 PHs are getting a second shot, that means 44% of the class will be on a "second shot". Given that the last two classes have had 50% or more of the class on remedial PT, I feel like this next class will have a much higher rate of people on remedial. There is no way I will end up on remedial, I don't even understand how that is a possibility. 1.5 mile run in under 12 minutes, 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 4 pull ups.

Forum Member

I am trying to keep hope that the list gets moving but the recycles and the rest of the PH are gonna jam things up. What is worse is the new batch of PHs are gonna recycle since they know they have $$$ waiting for them. I was trying to stay optimistic of Jan 2015 sitting at 20xx, but doubt it now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    If they update the number of qualified candidates (its at 388 now) they would be doing it tonight? so we should check tomorrow or tonight?
    I called today, same thing as last week. I will try again tomorrow hopefully with different results

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I called today, same thing as last week. I will try again tomorrow hopefully with different results
    I called also. It's still 388 and it was updated on 12/15/13. If this is what we are going off of I'm not too optimistic about January. I'm sitting in the 430s. No bueno.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Let's be positive lads! More time to get in great shape!
    JDNY13 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

42 days until academy starts. How long before the letters for the run go out? My friend is in the low low
    500's. Hope he makes it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    I called also. It's still 388 and it was updated on 12/15/13. If this is what we are going off of I'm not too optimistic about January. I'm sitting in the 430s. No bueno.
    We will see tomorrow. Someone said that it gets updated on monday. We're in the same boat brother, I'm feelin the same way. Maybe we'll squeeze in there. Stay positive bro.

Who was it that said they spoke to a PH who failed the final and was told that him, along with others who failed, will NOT be recycling?

Forum Member

smh... i dont know how some of you scored higher than me...

P.S. I dont care if I get siht for this comment but serious if you are under 500 and worried about not getting in this class...just stop...seriously fcked up to the guys who are truly on the edge
    Last edited by coldblood92; 12-15-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Thread Information