Like Tree10628Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm not denying that your job has had an impact on your outlook on things, that doesn't excuse you from publicly acknowledging it.

To use the "other people are doing it too" excuse makes you sound more like a child in my wife's kindergarten class than a grown man who is a corrections officer.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I understand the other forum member said "celebrating diversity", and that wasn't exactly right either. But I base things off of a pattern and you said it yourself, "I made an innocent joke", some people don't view that as an innocent joke.

The whole "point" of the Vulcan lawsuit was that there was an undercurrent of racism in the "stubborn white bastion" that is the FDNY . If you can't conclude why your comments are more than an "innocent joke", then maybe you need to re-evaluate your sense of humor.

So to acknowledge your request, no, I won't relax. I won't relax when there are literally thousands of candidates screwed over because of a lawsuit rooted in proving racism through "innocent jokes."

Have you see the Daily News or the Post recently? Because I would be willing to bet my salary that there are articles about the "disparate impact" that past firehouse culture has had on minorities and women. Whether or not you find validity in these arguments, doesn't make them go away! Your ignorance and the ignorance of a few has a serious impact on how the rest of us are perceived.

KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF!
    Its not ignorance. Its fact. I took a test fair and square, and was passed up due to race.. If im abit frustrated by it then excuse me.

And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Its not ignorance. Its fact. I took a test fair and square, and was passed up due to race.. If im abit frustrated by it then excuse me.

And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all.
    Dude, I feel like people would've given you the benefit of the doubt if not for some of your earlier statements (you've since deleted). Theres thousands of us that have been screwed by this process for the last 6 years, you aren't the only one. You are the only one making sweeping generalizations about entire groups of people.

Be mad at the Vulcans and judge Garaufis, dont use this situation to justify or foster animosity towards any group of people.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yeah I was anticipating a ridiculous response. Seeing how this is real life and I'm not 20 years old still in college...I do have responsibilities. So thank you for the info, its much appreciated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    is this the part where someone jumps down your throat and says money shouldn't matter...and that you should want to do it for free?

Your looking at approx $1,000 every 2 weeks after taxes. Give or take depending on how many dependants you claim, how much you put into 457/401, what's tier you are hired under etc

Yeah I was anticipating a ridiculous response. Seeing how this is real life and I'm not 20 years old still in college...I do have responsibilities. So thank you for the info, its much appreciated!

Forum Member

You are quite possibly one of the densest people I've ever interacted with; coming from a Marine, that should tell you something.

Is it unfair that you had to sit through a crappy situation like a good chunk of us during the last few years? Absolutely, and nobody can take that away from you. But, that in no way shape or form, gives you the right to somehow link your racist ramblings to the frustration that all of us collectively went through. You're not the only one that was dealt a bad hand, but you seem to relish in the opportunity to pass blame on everyone that you deem "responsible" for your plight in life.

"And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all." -This sounds like something a child who didn't get what they want says out of immature frustration.

If this is a window into you as a man, I hope you get passed over a second time. As far as I'm concerned, the FDNY doesn't need anymore people who blame others for their shortcomings.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Anyone registered for cpat orientation training at Randall's island for January 7th?

Forum Member

You along with mostly every other candidate that is currently in the hiring process. You should be grateful that you're as far along as you are. I wish I had your "problem".
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Corrections officers = perps with pistols. Inmates watching the inmates
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Lol "perps with postols." karma

Forum Member

Alright guys now your doing the same thing he did and attacking all corrections officers.

Let's get this forum back to what it's intended for. A lot of stuff will be happening soon with this list, let's keep focused.

Forum Member

I need to get off of this site haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Exactly one week until the run letters are supposed to go out. How many letters do we see them sending? Here's some speculation I've come up with, lemme know what you guys think.

76 dropouts from last class, let's pretend they ALL recycle (not likely but possible)
    64 PH's need to be hired to abide by hiring ratio.

This equates to 140 people. Minus 140 from 320 = 180 spots left to fill.

This is not including leftover EMS because we haven't heard a peep from them since last class.

We've made it to list number 102 already on the OC

If 1 out of every 3 people take the job (generous ratio) that gets us up to list number: 642

If 1 out of every 2 people take the job (EXTREMELY generous ratio) that gets us to: 462

Excuse my poor formatting. I know that we've been told to not speculate and just be patient and blah blah but it's hard to sleep at night just waiting lol. What do you guys think? Is my math completely off the ball? That would explain why I am an art major haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Alright guys now your doing the same thing he did and attacking all corrections officers.

Let's get this forum back to what it's intended for. A lot of stuff will be happening soon with this list, let's keep focused.
    Couldn't agree more.
    FuDsNmYc and dwm326 like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Is anyone else tired of seeing Ron Moore's Vehicle Rescue 1-2-3 ads at the top of the page? Or is it me?
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Is anyone else tired of seeing Ron Moore's Vehicle Rescue 1-2-3 ads at the top of the page? Or is it me?
    Ron Moore is like our mascot.
    mocon337 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Exactly one week until the run letters are supposed to go out. How many letters do we see them sending? Here's some speculation I've come up with, lemme know what you guys think.

76 dropouts from last class, let's pretend they ALL recycle (not likely but possible)
    64 PH's need to be hired to abide by hiring ratio.

This equates to 140 people. Minus 140 from 320 = 180 spots left to fill.

This is not including leftover EMS because we haven't heard a peep from them since last class.

We've made it to list number 102 already on the OC

If 1 out of every 3 people take the job (generous ratio) that gets us up to list number: 642

If 1 out of every 2 people take the job (EXTREMELY generous ratio) that gets us to: 462

Excuse my poor formatting. I know that we've been told to not speculate and just be patient and blah blah but it's hard to sleep at night just waiting lol. What do you guys think? Is my math completely off the ball? That would explain why I am an art major haha.
    Sounds good just add ems in and also the changes in list numbers with the (.5) being added to some ppl. I think there's only a handful of ems but always better to plan for the worst case scenario

Forum Member

whether it be PH, OC, or EMS, can a guy who failed at the end or final (whatever the reason at the end of the academy he/she got kicked out for) can they recycle?

Yes... I don't know how many of the guys that resign in the beginning was allowed to recycle but I do know all the guys that resign at the end beside one of them are able to recycle. The one guy that was not able had a different situation. A lot of the guys at the end only was short by 1 or 2 points.

So does that "not outstanding certification" mean that the FDNY is done with its hiring process for the candidate (other then the run) and just waiting for DCAS to process that information?

The way it work is like this.
    DCAS process all candidate on the list in order.
    Once the FDNY agency is ready to hire candidate. DCAS sends over the candidate name and list number for processing.
    Its up to the FDNY agency to accepted you. Once you get that packet from 9 metro tech DCAS no longer have anything to do with the process.
    Its up to your investigator at 9 metro tech how fast you will be process.
    The run letter comes from 9 metro tech not DCAS....
    The run letters goes out about 2 weeks before the next class start. By email, mail, or phone call.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Sounds good just add ems in and also the changes in list numbers with the (.5) being added to some ppl. I think there's only a handful of ems but always better to plan for the worst case scenario
    Looks pretty good... I think u r being very generous with recycles... Also, a bunch of ems guys were on OC list in hiring range. I also think that a lot of people may have elected residency points and won't be able to prove it, so they'll be moved or removed from the list... And lastly, I think while most if not all of us who frequent this forum, many have moved on and won't take the position... I think we will be looking at a ratio closer to 1:4 or 1:5... I have faith the process will pick up and we'll all get our shot within the next few years...

Forum Member

so PH can Recycle on the failing grades? If they fail again, can they recycle again??

Also if some PH recycle then that means they cant hire the other ph yet that didnt get their 1st try at the academy?

I thought the rule was there had to be some percentage,,,, unless they are rewriting their own rule book....

I am not sure if they recycle a Ph if it will count towards the percentage of PH they are supposed to hire.
    I do know that out of the 10 at the end it was 4 PH.
    I am not sure how many times a PH can recycle but it was a EMS guy that was there for the 2nd time and he will be going back in January. That will be his 3rd time.

Forum Member

Turn on your PM...Check your email address
    I send over the first 10 chapter.
    let me know if you got everything by email
    I will response from my email address. Signing out
    Last edited by Fdnyman; 12-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    The way it work is like this.
    DCAS process all candidate on the list in order.
    Once the FDNY agency is ready to hire candidate. DCAS sends over the candidate name and list number for processing.
    Its up to the FDNY agency to accepted you. Once you get that packet from 9 metro tech DCAS no longer have anything to do with the process.
    Its up to your investigator at 9 metro tech how fast you will be process.
    The run letter comes from 9 metro tech not DCAS....
    The run letters goes out about 2 weeks before the next class start. By email, mail, or phone call.
    So then essentially what DCAS has a candidate listed as has really no bearing. I'm on the "not outstanding certification" list with DCAS, but it doesn't mean that I've been cleared by my investigator or that I'm going to be accepted into a class. I apologize, just trying to figure this out.

Forum Member

on a lighter note and totally unrelated...im already looking for ways to save money while in the academy. anyone have metropcs? is it ****? 40$ a month sounds a whole lot better than the 95$ im paying with at&t. any info would help. thanks
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    on a lighter note and totally unrelated...im already looking for ways to save money while in the academy. anyone have metropcs? is it ****? 40$ a month sounds a whole lot better than the 95$ im paying with at&t. any info would help. thanks
    Get straight talk...same service as at&t and its $45 + tax per month...comes out to almost $50

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Get straight talk...same service as at&t and its $45 + tax per month...comes out to almost $50
    awesome thanks...can you use any phone
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Thread Information