Like Tree9544Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    awesome thanks...can you use any phone
    I think so...i have used iphone and android with them and have no complaints...the only down side is their customer service sucks

Chad have you heard anything from your investigator lately? The closer it gets the more nervous im getting

Forum Member

Get your run in fellas before the snow tomorrow, let's keep our heads up and just focus on training

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I think so...i have used iphone and android with them and have no complaints...the only down side is their customer service sucks

Chad have you heard anything from your investigator lately? The closer it gets the more nervous im getting
    No, I haven't heard anything, I know how you feel though. Basically my entire future relies on if I get this letter for the run or not.

Forum Member

so do we think the run letters will come out around December 23 or 2 weeks before the start date of the academy?

Forum Member

Run letters will be mailed out on dec 23.
    NycQ83, infolet333 and FuDsNmYc like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post

ok thanks. Im a little surprised their sending them out so early, no?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    ok thanks. Im a little surprised their sending them out so early, no?
    That's not that early, if the run is around 2 weeks after the letter arrives that's sometime mid January which is around the 2 weeks before the Academy would begin.

Forum Member

Default That date

Where did you get that december 23 date from?

Forum Member

Are the run letters send out in waves? For example, If I don't receive a letter around the 23rd, is it possible I could receive one at a later date? I can't imagine they know the exact amount of letters to send out because some people will fail, some won't take and some will take it. I just pray I get that damn letter. Like chad, my life is depending on it as well haha. If I have to go another 6 months with this dead end job just barely making rent, I'll go crazy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    How are you so sure? (not to say that i'm doubting you. I pray that you are right)

Also, do emails also go out on the 23rd? That would mean we would know the day of, instead of waiting a few days for it to show up in the mail

My future also depends on this run letter getting here. this job is everything to me..I need to get in man.
    Last edited by infolet333; 12-17-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    How are you so sure? (not to say that i'm doubting you. I pray that you are right)

Also, do emails also go out on the 23rd? That would mean we would know the day of, instead of waiting a few days for it to show up in the mail

My future also depends on this run letter getting here. this job is everything to me..I need to get in man.
    so they'll will notify you by email as well?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so they'll will notify you by email as well?
    Yeah I remember back in January some of the guys on here were saying that they got their run letters via email. Not sure if everybody gets an email or not.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Thanks.

Now this next week is gonna go even slower. I'm waiting for Christmas and the run letters to come out ( even though I'm not getting one lol)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    Where did you get that december 23 date from?
    I head the same thing. And other people have posted the same date. It seems that's the date that everyone's inside guy is saying. It's consistent.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    I head the same thing. And other people have posted the same date. It seems that's the date that everyone's inside guy is saying. It's consistent.
    Unless you all have the same inside guy haha
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Looks pretty good... I think u r being very generous with recycles... Also, a bunch of ems guys were on OC list in hiring range. I also think that a lot of people may have elected residency points and won't be able to prove it, so they'll be moved or removed from the list... And lastly, I think while most if not all of us who frequent this forum, many have moved on and won't take the position... I think we will be looking at a ratio closer to 1:4 or 1:5... I have faith the process will pick up and we'll all get our shot within the next few years...
    The city generally hires on a 1:3 or 1:4 ratio from what I understand so there's no reason to expect something different, assuming there are no hiccups of any kind. It's likely that the further down the list goes, the larger the ratio will grow, due to a number of factors (disinterest in the job, content with current career, failure to prove residency [which will drop candidates significantly further down the list], etc.)
    Last edited by Patiently_Waiting; 12-17-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    And that ratio will get bigger as the list keeps moving due to a number of factors (disinterest in the job, content with current career, etc.)

From past lists, the city usually hires on a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio, so I think that will hold true again, especially when the list starts moving further down.
    The very top of any list is always going to contain the most serious of candidates who want the job. that's probably why they aren't going that deep. plus there's people recycling and all that crap.

won't really know the true ratio until they go lower and lower and the lower they go the more people they'll probably need to process for each class.

BTW i can confirm dec 23rd is definitely the date letters emails calls are going out.
    infolet333 likes this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

With all these definite rumors of the 23rd is it possible anyone has any other definite rumors? lol I'm desperate for some rumors that this 388 number is BS and this class will get past it lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I had a question in regards to stair training for the medical. For guys that passed the medical exam on the first shot, what was your routine like? Did you monitor your HR? What was your HR at the begining of your training? How long did it take to get your HR at the passing requirement (Under 90% of max HR)? Also if anyone has any good info on how to train to lower your HR or past experience with this I would really appreciate it, thanks guys, happy holidays.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey guys, I had a question in regards to stair training for the medical. For guys that passed the medical exam on the first shot, what was your routine like? Did you monitor your HR? What was your HR at the begining of your training? How long did it take to get your HR at the passing requirement (Under 90% of max HR)? Also if anyone has any good info on how to train to lower your HR or past experience with this I would really appreciate it, thanks guys, happy holidays.
    Heartrate is a tricky beast because there are a couple suggestions:

1. Buy a quality HR monitor. Preferably the wireless linked wristwatch/chest combo.

2. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. REPEAT.
    *This is the key to lowering your heartrate during exercise*

3. Find a gym with a stairmill and a weightvest and train to complete the event in a time that exceeds the minimum.

Hope this helps.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Has anyone under 388 called the dcas number and got a different answe than " not outstanding certification". What does it say if your over 388?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Heartrate is a tricky beast because there are a couple suggestions:

1. Buy a quality HR monitor. Preferably the wireless linked wristwatch/chest combo.

2. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. INTERVAL TRAINING. REPEAT.
    *This is the key to lowering your heartrate during exercise*

3. Find a gym with a stairmill and a weightvest and train to complete the event in a time that exceeds the minimum.

Hope this helps.
    I have a Polar FT1. Its the cheapest of their HR watches but it gets the job done, it has the chest transmitter. Do you think its good? Its been working good for me lol. Also I have been doing 100 flights of stairs with 50 pounds 4x a week. Im just hoping I can get my HR down lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I have a Polar FT1. Its the cheapest of their HR watches but it gets the job done, it has the chest transmitter. Do you think its good? Its been working good for me lol. Also I have been doing 100 flights of stairs with 50 pounds 4x a week. Im just hoping I can get my HR down lol.
    Just wondering. What does your standard stepmill count as 1 flight? Like how many steps?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Has anyone under 388 called the dcas number and got a different answe than " not outstanding certification". What does it say if your over 388?
    I'm over 388 and mine says "not on outstanding certification." I have heard the rumors that it means that I'm just waiting on the run letter, but who knows.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=River6019;1394141]Just wondering. What does your standard stepmill count as 1 flight? Like how many steps?[/

In my case I always train on level 6 on my stepmill which is equivelant to 60 Steps/ Minute (FDNY Medical Stepmill Speed)...I counted 15 steps a minute when I first started training on the stepmill.

Thread Information