Like Tree10632Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What exactly is interval training? I know its the oppsite of just running at a mediocre pace for an extended period of time but can it be used for dead lifts etc. Push ups etc?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Hey gents, first posting. I wouldn't sweat the reference letters too much. They don't seem to follow any logical pattern of how they are being sent out. I see that HopefulFF's haven't gotten theirs and he's under 350, but mine got theirs in March and I'm in the low 500's. It may just be a formality form that certain investigators deal with differently.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What exactly is interval training? I know its the oppsite of just running at a mediocre pace for an extended period of time but can it be used for dead lifts etc. Push ups etc?
    Interval training is when you move between low and high intensity workouts. Similar to fartlek training, you can jog for a distance and then sprint.

I'm not sure if you can use interval in weights. Maybe on a larger scale, you could view a circuit as an interval as the short rests are the low intensity. I've always lumped intervals in with cardio.
    Last edited by dwm326; 12-18-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Does anyone have the link to the amended list with the .2, .5 & .7 numbers?
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    Hey gents, first posting. I wouldn't sweat the reference letters too much. They don't seem to follow any logical pattern of how they are being sent out. I see that HopefulFF's haven't gotten theirs and he's under 350, but mine got theirs in March and I'm in the low 500's. It may just be a formality form that certain investigators deal with differently.
    Yeah you're right. I'm 1100+ and my references got their letters like 2 weeks after my intake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...ning-intervals

It is basically short periods of strenuous workout followed by a short rest. You can do it in a wide variety of workouts. There are gyms that focus solely on HIIT workouts. Maybe worth giving it a shot for a few months to truly learn how to do interval training. Just google HIIT and you will get a million results...

Forum Member

Damn now im getting worried..my investigator didnt ask me to prove my current residency...he asked me to prove my current residency back in june right before the beginning of the class that just graduated

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Damn now im getting worried..my investigator didnt ask me to prove my current residency...he asked me to prove my current residency back in june right before the beginning of the class that just graduated
    When I did my intake stuff I showed her my residency stuff at that time. This one is for a residency in the last 60 days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    When I did my intake stuff I showed her my residency stuff at that time. This one is for a residency in the last 60 days.
    Yea i know what youre saying...before the last class went in my investigator asked me to prove residency once again because i was being considered for that class...basically what you have to do now...he hasnt told me to prove it once again for this academy..thats why im worried

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Dead serious, as I was reading this, my investigator called and told me that she is sending my packet in for final review and she needs some recent proof of residency. I'm bringing it tomorrow.
    Mine told me today as well that my info has already been sent in for final review. If they need something they will call me. Did not ask for current proof of residency. It really seems like it all depends on the investigator.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Yea i know what youre saying...before the last class went in my investigator asked me to prove residency once again because i was being considered for that class...basically what you have to do now...he hasnt told me to prove it once again for this academy..thats why im worried
    You're probably fine, I'd imagine that you'll either get a call for it in a couple days or you will just have to show current residency at the start of the academy.

Forum Member

I'm in the same boat. Intake in March and had to prove current residency in June, but haven't heard anything about it since. Seeing you had a "he" and I have a "she," maybe it's just common practice and that box is already "checked."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    Not sure if you guys ever saw this page but I found this a while ago.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/pub...edals_2013.pdf

Scroll to page 26 and you'll see the investigators. I myself have talked to 3 of them.
    I don't see my investigator in this picture... uh oh
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is it possible, that maybe the list number 388 that's being talked about from the DCAS number, means that #388 is the highest number that received a run letter before the last academy?

The number states that #388 is the highest number placed on a certification list. Certification list means completely done with everything and ready to be appointed.. If I haven't received a run letter and passed the run/pushups/pullups/situps then technically I can't be placed on the certified list until completing all of that correct?

is it possible that not everyone who received a run letter made it into academy, because maybe more run letters were sent out than available spots, so the additional candidates are going to be in the next academy?

Forum Member

So...The 23rd is approaching, how do the guys feel that are in hiring range and just waiting for run letters? How do you feel knowing what youve always dreamed of might only be 6 months away from becoming a reality?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Is it possible, that maybe the list number 388 that's being talked about from the DCAS number, means that #388 is the highest number that received a run letter before the last academy?

The number states that #388 is the highest number placed on a certification list. Certification list means completely done with everything and ready to be appointed.. If I haven't received a run letter and passed the run/pushups/pullups/situps then technically I can't be placed on the certified list until completing all of that correct?

is it possible that not everyone who received a run letter made it into academy, because maybe more run letters were sent out than available spots, so the additional candidates are going to be in the next academy?
    I like the sound of this but I honestly dont think its possible. I dont think they sent almost 300 extra people run letters. From what I remember, they send the exact amount of run letters needed for the class and then if people fall or dont show then they send more out. Its pretty much, if you get a run letter, then your in the academy (if you pass).

Forum Member

For the guys like me that were suppose to be hired years ago, or at least close to it, do you ever remember any talk of a "certified list" or knowing before hand by calling DCAS? This 388 number and the way we found out about it seems completely new or at least something that was never spoken about in the past.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    So...The 23rd is approaching, how do the guys feel that are in hiring range and just waiting for run letters? How do you feel knowing what youve always dreamed of might only be 6 months away from becoming a reality?
    I feel gratitude towards God to be given this chance to become FD. In my opinion, there is no job I would rather do in life and I will do everything in my power to get through the academy at the rock. I'm also ready to make a ton of new friends out of all my new probie brothers that I will be meeting in 3 weeks.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    I feel gratitude towards God to be given this chance to become FD. In my opinion, there is no job I would rather do in life and I will do everything in my power to get through the academy at the rock. I'm also ready to make a ton of new friends out of all my new probie brothers that I will be meeting in 3 weeks.
    Amen!!! Hope to see and meet some of you guys there
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Doesn't seem real but I keep doing my daily routine ( training and work). I won't believe its happening until I get that letter. Other than that, feel so fortunate to have this opportunity and will put forth everything needed to be successful.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post

I think they get to just over 700

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I think they get to just over 700
    I remember this game from 6 months ago! My guess is they get to list #902.
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I remember this game from 6 months ago! My guess is they get to list #902.
    is that a serious guess or are you joking- cuase if its serious I like your guess the most so far lol.

im going with 544.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Hey gents. I'm going to metrotech today to turn in some paper work. I'll keep my ear open and let you know if I hear anything.
    River6019 and KnocKnoc like this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Hey gents. I'm going to metrotech today to turn in some paper work. I'll keep my ear open and let you know if I hear anything.
    Do some undercover investigating!
    River6019 likes this.

Thread Information