Like Tree9836Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I say they get up to list # 590 for this upcoming class.
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    is that a serious guess or are you joking- cuase if its serious I like your guess the most so far lol.

im going with 544.
    Sure why not? Haha, I'm thinking they ping the OC list for 200 spots this class and do so at about a 4:1. Seeing as how they already got to 102 I just added 800 to that. Might be a bit optimistic but we'll see.
    NycQ83, Dannypanigale and test2000 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

For the guys like me that were suppose to be hired years ago, or at least close to it, do you ever remember any talk of a "certified list" or knowing before hand by calling DCAS? This 388 number and the way we found out about it seems completely new or at least something that was never spoken about in the past.
    They've always done a certified list, just I don't think back then you could call DCAS and get that info.

A certified list is basically a new list of all the candidates who are ready to be hired. Your list number on a certified list is always higher too. Lets say your 1000 on the OC list, and a couple hundred people don't make it through the process, then on the certified list your number will be up a couple hundred spots.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    They've always done a certified list, just I don't think back then you could call DCAS and get that info.

A certified list is basically a new list of all the candidates who are ready to be hired. Your list number on a certified list is always higher too. Lets say your 1000 on the OC list, and a couple hundred people don't make it through the process, then on the certified list your number will be up a couple hundred spots.

yea exactly what i meant. I figured they always had the list, I just dont remember it being publically available like this. I dont recall in past forums discussing the certified list and knowing a "number" (388 in this case) before hand lol

Forum Member

Is it the 23rd already ??????

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    Such Cr*p!! Every group wants a handout. The process used to be VERY fair. Pass the civil service test with a high score and be able to make it through the academy both academically and physically. I would be outraged if I were a resident in the city of New York and the number one goal is to not bring the best candidates but the ones who meet quotas. It is a shame, because the department will surely suffer from these groups pressuring the department and city. A lot of people in the city won't be sleeping well wondering if the fireman coming to save them earned their spot rather than given their spot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    First, the written tests were rigged. Now, the physical tests are rigged. Am I missing something??????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    First, the written tests were rigged. Now, the physical tests are rigged. Am I missing something??????
    I see why it's an easy target. The old physical was incredibly tough from what everyone says. Women had a tough time at it. Now the physical is the CPAT, and for good reason. So instead the job introduced FST at some point (it was definitely in use in 2008, not sure when it was actually introduced), which is kinda like what the original physical was. Women have a tough time at FST so it must be another sexist barrier to their entry in their department. It can't just be that FST is tough and that women and a lot of guys have trouble with it, gotta be a conspiracy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Unfortunately, no. These women in the department have earned their spots the hard way. I really can't understand why they would want lower physical standards for new women to get on. And this goes for the Vulcans too. They all got in through hardwork and earning their spots. Why would they fight to lower the testing standards?

Forum Member

got an email from my investigator saying i needed to submit a few pieces of info to her..i submitted all my documents back in april or so. list # low 600's. just a heads up, they ask you for more stuff unless they are reviewing your folder for the upcoming academy. doesnt mean i'm in but it does mean my list number has been hit, at that rate they may get the 800's as some of you are stating

Forum Member

Not that I agree with them but, their argument is not with the FST itself but the new standards.

In 2008 you did the fst and as long as you completed the course you passed and even if you failed it wasn't a critical failure that could prevent you from graduating or even just continuing the academy. It was timed but that was it.

Now, probably because of the cpat getting easier, in order to pass each fst you have to do it within the time limit, not run out of air which never mattered in the past, and on top of that it's a critical pass/fail which means if you fail it you can potentially be kicked from the academy and left to recycle.

I personally like those standards better than the old ones but this is why they're annoyed.

Forum Member

I'll play this game I'm saying 533 for this class

Forum Member

I'll pull the price is right technique and say 1.
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

I'll pull the price is right technique and say 1.
    Greatest guess ever.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

True barometer of my age, I equate this more with Happy Gilmore that the actual show.

"Price is wrong, b!tch"
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

I'd say 714.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

OAK
    Forum Member

I'm going with 511

Forum Member

No more rumors? Come on, you guys are slacking lol...ive hit refresh on this website so many times today that the refresh button is worn out by now
    rcfd31 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    No more rumors? Come on, you guys are slacking lol...ive hit refresh on this website so many times today that the refresh button is worn out by now

Here is one for you. Run is going to be around the 9th to the 14th. Somewhere around that time frame.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Over the weekend? Doesn't it happen during the week?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Over the weekend? Doesn't it happen during the week?
    If its over the weekend i wont be able to do it...no way i would give up my off days for a stupid run
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    If its over the weekend i wont be able to do it...no way i would give up my off days for a stupid run
    And i hope it's not too early in the morning cause I kind of like to sleep late on the weekend
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Alright gents, I have a single piece to the puzzle as to what number they'll hit with the run letters...not that I found out in a good way. My investigator sent me an email that she's missing residency docs (trust me, she has them) and it "is very important that I get them to [her] ASAP!"

I'm #53*, and will me at 9MT in the am.
    thirdtimesacharm and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    Alright gents, I have a single piece to the puzzle as to what number they'll hit with the run letters...not that I found out in a good way. My investigator sent me an email that she's missing residency docs (trust me, she has them) and it "is very important that I get them to [her] ASAP!"

I'm #53*, and will me at 9MT in the am.
    Is that current proof of residency or actually residency documents?? You just have me a bit more hope. I'm in the late 500's and am feeling on the fence.

Thread Information