Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I turned down a spot with Bexar Co. (San Antonio) after the Marine Corps during the exam period of 6019 and then QUIT a job as a firefighter in Northern VA to establish residency after the process for 6019 began. Some roads are harder than others. Looking back, maybe I wish I stayed where I was in VA because it's been a rough 5 years waiting and wondering, but I'm pretty frickin' happy that the long hard road is finally leading to the Rock. At least in that interim period I utilized my GI Bill and got my degree. That'll definitely help further down the road.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfutureff View Post
    I received a packet in the mail early Dec 2013 to go in for the intake interview in Feb 2014. I completed the application process for Houston Fire, which consisted of intake interview/background check, Physical Agility, and Polygraph. I am schedule to be in the academy for HFD in March 2014. My concern and fear is FDNY calling me to come to NY to continue the hiring process (CPAT, etc.) while I am in the academy in Houston.
    Does anyone know what each step of the hiring process for FDNY consist of (from recieving the packet to getting the notice of acceptance)?
    and
    how long did it take you to complete the process?
    My list # is 1,6xx
    My dream is the FDNY, should I give up something that is certain for something that is not? I'm pretty sure the academy has little to no tolerance for absenteeism.
    The run letters for the January Class are going out tomorrow so we can get an idea of what list number they wil reach from OC. Once the numbers come out in late January of how many OC spots were taken then we can get a ratio of applicants processed to applicants given a spot. Depending on that ratio you can get a better idea if you are likely to go in July 2014 or January 2015.

Given that only about 100-200 spots will be OC for Jan. 2014 if the ratio is high thus they reach a high OC list number, then you are most likely looking into getting in July 2014 because the July 2014 class will be mostly all OC and using the the Jan 2014 ratio as a prediction for the ratio of the July 2014 class they may reach your list number.

Forum Member

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what I was told by a guy who did his medical on Friday.
    Friday was the last day to be process for the January class.
    Run letters comes out on January 7 not December 23. There will be 3 run dates.
    There are about 50PH that are being process for the January class.
    Don't know if they are recycles or new PH. But he believe that they are recycle.
    Its also a hand full of EMS that will be in the January class as well.
    This was from the guys who works with the hiring process. He also stated that 3 classes a year was not approve.
    One of the OC guys didn't not pass. Something was wrong with his lungs.

Good luck to all, don't get to stress if run letter don't come out on dec 23. I know for the last two classes run letters came out about 2 1/2 week before the class started. Academy start on the 27th so the date he gave me do look like the real date but you never know...

Forum Member

Do you know what number your friend is since he was was of the last to get a medical?

Forum Member

In most likelihood I know what I have to do, speak to my recruiiter to try to differ my Academy date in HFD to June to go through the FDNY hiring process.

You guys, when was your intake interview and when did you take your CPAT?

Also I will not be able to make the info session prep in Jan 2014 for the CPAT. I have the general idea of what is included and restrictions like (don't touch rail when on stair master/ must touch every step on the latter raise/ability to run only during hose drag).

Any tips, pointers or restrictions on the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what I was told by a guy who did his medical on Friday.
    Don't know if they are recycles or new PH. But he believe that they are recycle.
    This was from the guys who works with the hiring process. He also stated that 3 classes a year was not approve.

Good luck to all, don't get to stress if run letter don't come out on dec 23. I know for the last two classes run letters came out about 2 1/2 week before the class started. Academy start on the 27th so the date he gave me do look like the real date but you never know...
    It's been a while but if I remember correctly your sources were pretty good before the last class. The 7th would make more sense given the time frames they've operated under in the past. The 1/14 class is 2 weeks later than the 1/13 was.

Sounds like this class should have around 200 spots from the OC.

Forum Member

January 7th sounds about right, I've heard that date too, and I remember at the rock for training they said the run letters will go out 1st week of January and the run will be within 2-3 weeks of academy. So when I was hearing Dec 23, that was different than what I originally expected for run letters.

Also, spoke to a guy at my gym today, who has a cousin that works with FDNY recruitment supposedly. And that guy said the January class is going to hit the 600's off the OC list.
    Last edited by John246; 12-22-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member

Damn man I was really hoping for the 3 classes a year rumor to be true. I'm sure they have there reasons but it drives me nuts that they wait 2 months between classes. Was excited to possibly have a shot at going in in May rather than the end of July.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrfutureff View Post
    In most likelihood I know what I have to do, speak to my recruiiter to try to differ my Academy date in HFD to June to go through the FDNY hiring process.

You guys, when was your intake interview and when did you take your CPAT?

Also I will not be able to make the info session prep in Jan 2014 for the CPAT. I have the general idea of what is included and restrictions like (don't touch rail when on stair master/ must touch every step on the latter raise/ability to run only during hose drag).

Any tips, pointers or restrictions on the CPAT?
    Take which ever job comes first. Things happen for a reason. If you hate Houston you'll have the option of the FDNY at least for 3 more years. There's so much nonsense the FDNY is dealing with that you never know what might happen should you not take the Houston gig.
    I should've been hired with the FDNY off of 6019 in the infamous class of 100. It didn't work out as we all know. I started the academy with my current department a week before my FDNY intake months ago and while it was a tough decision it's been a good one so far.

Forum Member

Hey man thanks for the info.

You said "Friday was the last day to be process for the January class. " This gets me REALLY nervous because I received an email on Thursday (1pm) from my investigator about a hiccup in my paperwork. Unfortunately I was not able to check my email until today (Sunday). And have yet to speak to my investigator about this easily fixable problem with my paperwork. Do you think that because I didn't get it fixed before Friday, I'm out of luck for making the January class? I can't imagine she would only give me 2 days notices to bring something in, considering I was in a different country for the week.

I'm going to the Social Security office tomorrow morning right when it opens, then straight to metro tech. Do you think because I failed to fix the hiccup in my paperwork before Monday (when the run letters were supposed to go out) that I will be skipped over or moved to the back of the line?

I DID get the email that my paperwork was in final review though. What do you guys think? I know I will not get a blink of sleep tonight.

Forum Member

Oh, and Coldblood92, check your PM's! Thanks brother

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Oh, and Coldblood92, check your PM's! Thanks brother
    Just replied if you get back to me soon ill put something together tonight for you. If not tomorrow.

Forum Member

hope the letters go out this week ....will make me work out harder this week hahaha I know this is bad thinking

Forum Member

I feel like 90% of rumors to come out end up being not true, so many rumors, but I'm willing to entertain them.
    kremecheze likes this.

Forum Member

Default the rock

35 days until the academy starts. Hope the run emails come sometime this week.

Forum Member

Krammer is against us!!

Name:  no bagels.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  88.9 KB

Hope he is wrong for some of us!!
    FuDsNmYc likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

I DID get the email that my paperwork was in final review though. What do you guys think? I know I will not get a blink of sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone else get this email about paperwork being processed????????????????????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I DID get the email that my paperwork was in final review though. What do you guys think? I know I will not get a blink of sleep tonight.

Did anyone else get this email about paperwork being processed????????????????????[/QUOTE]

I didnt...whats your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Did anyone else get this email about paperwork being processed????????????????????
    I didnt...whats your list number?[/QUOTE]

I didnt,, i was quoting mkt.,,,, im #65x

you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I didnt...whats your list number?

I didnt,, i was quoting mkt.,,,, im #65x

you?[/QUOTE]

Im #13x and i havent received anything from cid

Forum Member

I'm going to assume the email that guy got was probably just his investigator being a good person and giving him a heads up, similar to how mine called me to let me know she was forwarding mine to be signed off on and needed the recent proof of residency. There's no uniformity at all with the process on the investigation side it seems.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm going to assume the email that guy got was probably just his investigator being a good person and giving him a heads up, similar to how mine called me to let me know she was forwarding mine to be signed off on and needed the recent proof of residency. There's no uniformity at all with the process on the investigation side it seems.
    Yeah, chad's got it. Sorry guys. I thought everyone was receiving something from their investigator. I guess it's just the lucky few of us who still have mess ups with paperwork haha.

2 more hours until we "hear something". Good luck everyone!

Edit: And chad, by "signed off", do you mean your investigator was sending your paperwork off to "final review"
    Last edited by Mtk123; 12-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Yeah, chad's got it. Sorry guys. I thought everyone was receiving something from their investigator. I guess it's just the lucky few of us who still have mess ups with paperwork haha.

2 more hours until we "hear something". Good luck everyone!

Edit: And chad, by "signed off", do you mean your investigator was sending your paperwork off to "final review"
    Yeah, same thing.

Forum Member

Are we really going with this "12/23 5pm" rumor? I'm still skeptical about this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Are we really going with this "12/23 5pm" rumor? I'm still skeptical about this.
    Man, if someone told me the academy starts tomorrow, I'd believe it. I'm getting desperate haha.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Thread Information