Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 673 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 173573623663670671672673674675676683723773 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,460 of 22833
Like Tree8972Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Just wondering where this idea that PHs could recycle came from? From my understanding the last word from the PHs that were posting on this forum was that they get one shot at the academy unless of a serious medical issue. I'm pretty sure you can't drop out of this class because of a sprained ankle or because you can't hack it and get another shot as a PH.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the last word we heard of it, from the actual PHs themselves? I don't think we should all start freaking out about 50 PH recycle's in the next class till there's some evidence of it happening.

there are PH that are getting recycled for the next class, thats is a fact

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    there are PH that are getting recycled for the next class, thats is a fact
    Because of an injury, correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Because of an injury, correct?

if you want to call it that then yea. some are legit, the others just have sand in their clit
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

I got a stupid question for guys that have already taken the medical. For the medical stair master, are there any "rules" similar to the CPAT stair test? Or is it COMPLETELY different? For instance:

*On the CPAT, there is no break between the warm up period and the actual "timed test" period. But the medical consist of a short break between the two (Since the medical warm up is much longer than the 20 second CPAT warm up)

*On the CPAT, the weight consist of 75lbs; but the medical, only 50lbs

*and finally, at CPAT....you are NOT allowed to grab the railing AT ALL

...so my stupid question is, since the rules above appear to be quite different, and since the medical stair master is ONLY meant to determine "cardiac" fitness, while the CPAT was for cardiac AND overall physical fitness and ability (thus the extra 25lbs), are we then allowed to handle the railing at the medical lol? I'm Just curious (and would obviously love to grab the railing). I'm assuming so, since i never heard of anyone failing the medical for grabbing the railing, but for only cardiac reasons and/or simply not being able to last 8 minutes.

P.S: Don't laugh. Im old (32)
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

I mean, how could you NOT last 8 minutes if you can actually hold onto the railing?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I mean, how could you NOT last 8 minutes if you can actually hold onto the railing?
    U can only use the railing for leverage/balance if u r falling off. But, they won't allow u to take advantage of it or u will be DQ. OKAY, peace guys.

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    U can only use the railing for leverage/balance if u r falling off. But, they won't allow u to take advantage of it or u will be DQ. OKAY, peace guys.
    u talkin medical right? Not Cpat? And what happened to you?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Yes, you can't hold on like someone said, kust regain balance. Also, the steps are small, so if you have big feet, it will get a little sketchy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    You Havent posted since like July 4th.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

u talkin medical right? Not Cpat? And what happened to you?
    Both, you cannot hold on on either tests.

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Both, you cannot hold on on either tests.
    son of a...
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

I actually practice on the stair master as well as regular stairs. The machine is much harder imo. Those landings make a helluva difference.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

I actually practice on the stair master as well as regular stairs. The machine is much harder imo. Those landings make a helluva difference.
    Just practice for a longer amount of time and more weight and you'll be fine. When I went a guy fell off at like 3min in. I feel bad but there's no way in 30 days he'll be able to find another 5min to stay on.

Forum Member

Practice for longer than 8min and more weight you'll be fine. A guy at mine fell off at 3min or so in. There's no way you can make up 5 extra min in 30 days so he's probably gone

Forum Member

Damn double post.. you get the idea though. Try practicing exclusively on a stairmill reg stairs feel so much different

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Damn double post.. you get the idea though. Try practicing exclusively on a stairmill reg stairs feel so much different
    Damn 3 min lol? yea hes done.

I agree tho regular stairs aint nothin. Even with the 50lb vest on its still very different from the stairmaster. I actually wish they'd test us on regular stairs; that would be a piece of cake. I'm on the stairmaster with the 50lb vest on during the week. Only time i do regular stairs is on the weekends at my par time job. 22 story office building. i throw the vest on and hit the stair case about an hour before my shift ends. Every landing is a 2 second rest period; something not available on the machine.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

I agree tho regular stairs aint nothin. Even with the 50lb vest on its still very different from the stairmaster. I actually wish they'd test us on regular stairs; that would be a piece of cake. I'm on the stairmaster with the 50lb vest on during the week. Only time i do regular stairs is on the weekends at my par time job. 22 story office building. i throw the vest on and hit the stair case about an hour before my shift ends. Every landing is a 2 second rest period; something not available on the machine.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Yea 8min is tough but when I first started training in dec I couldn't do 4min. If you just stick with it, it gets easier. The good thing is after each session on stairs after you're done you feel accomplished and so much better lol

Forum Member

Yea 8min is tough but when I first started training in dec I couldn't do 4min. If you just stick with it, it gets easier. The good thing is after each session on stairs after you're done you feel accomplished and so much better lol
    Doing the stairs sucks but I gotta admit I have never looked better lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

What do you guys means about finding another 5 minutes is 30 days? Im confused.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information