Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 674 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1745746246646716726736746756766776847247741174 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,480 of 24154
Like Tree9404Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #13461
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What do you guys means about finding another 5 minutes is 30 days? Im confused.
    I think they mean people are failing the 3 min., so they are gonna be asked to come back to do 8 minutes.


  2. #13462
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What do you guys means about finding another 5 minutes is 30 days? Im confused.
    I think what grok was saying, was that someone fell off the step mill after 3 minutes on, because they could not go any longer. So this individual has 30 days to "find", aka be able to train themselves to enough to stay on another 5 minutes...all in 30 days which will be very tough to do.

  3. #13463
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What do you guys means about finding another 5 minutes is 30 days? Im confused.
    No, in this particular case the guy did'nt just fail due to heart rate, but he literally fell off the damn machine at 3 minutes. Which means if he physically CANT do more than that at first try, he most likely wont have enough time in 30 days to build the necessary stamina needed to endure a 8 full minutes.

    But in most other cases, the candidates actually do have the ability to endure 5-8 minutes, but only fail due to heart rate. In which case they SHOULD be physically able to complete the task successfully upon their return within 30 days.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  4. #13464
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    I think what grok was saying, was that someone fell off the step mill after 3 minutes on, because they could not go any longer. So this individual has 30 days to "find", aka be able to train themselves to enough to stay on another 5 minutes...all in 30 days which will be very tough to do.
    You hit it before i did
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  5. #13465
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What do you guys means about finding another 5 minutes is 30 days? Im confused.
    Pretty much they let you look at a calendar and pick any day within 30 days to come back. The way they explain it is most of the time if you have to come back you'll be going on for 8 min. For some guys they didn't get to wear a vest because they have really low resting heart rates, others wore the vest but heart rates were too high at the end of the 5:12, and some wore the vests and straight fell off the machine before the 5:12. Most who come back can do the 8 min. A guy who fell off asked me what gym had the "spinning stair thing", I felt bad and told him but seriously nothing you do in 30days will help you that drastically. At cpat orientation they explain about stairs and the nysc promotion. If you've been training the stairs will come easy, if not they'll toss you right off

  6. #13466
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    anyone around list 600 get there psych yet? my med is this week but no letter for psych yet

  7. #13467
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I took my psych yesterday, does anyone know around how long it takes before your meeting with a psychologist is?

  8. #13468
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Pretty much they let you look at a calendar and pick any day within 30 days to come back. The way they explain it is most of the time if you have to come back you'll be going on for 8 min. For some guys they didn't get to wear a vest because they have really low resting heart rates, others wore the vest but heart rates were too high at the end of the 5:12, and some wore the vests and straight fell off the machine before the 5:12. Most who come back can do the 8 min. A guy who fell off asked me what gym had the "spinning stair thing", I felt bad and told him but seriously nothing you do in 30days will help you that drastically. At cpat orientation they explain about stairs and the nysc promotion. If you've been training the stairs will come easy, if not they'll toss you right off
    With the NYSC promotion, how does that work exactly? I'm obviously on the list, but haven't gotten called yet. Do they give you some sort of paperwork to bring to NYSC to get the deal, or can you just bring your sheet with the exam score on it as proof?

  9. #13469
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    With the NYSC promotion, how does that work exactly? I'm obviously on the list, but haven't gotten called yet. Do they give you some sort of paperwork to bring to NYSC to get the deal, or can you just bring your sheet with the exam score on it as proof?
    You scan or take a picture of the card for the CPAT training that the trainers at the Rock give you, and email it to NYSC. Then you you will get the discount.....

  10. #13470
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Doubled up
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 08-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.

  11. #13471
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zedikuz View Post
    I took my psych yesterday, does anyone know around how long it takes before your meeting with a psychologist is?
    Most don't have to meet with any psychologist, if they find something with your answers then you might have to but I've only heard of one person on here having to meet with them

  12. #13472
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zedikuz View Post
    I took my psych yesterday, does anyone know around how long it takes before your meeting with a psychologist is?
    What list number are u close to?

  13. #13473
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I actually wish they'd test us on regular stairs; that would be a piece of cake.
    Yes that's the spirit. Why do the hard version when I know a way to make it easier?

    The stairmaster sucks, but wearing 50# and walking up stairs is not even close to reality since bunker gear + SCBA is ~60 pounds and traps heat, then there's the hose rollup or tools you'd be carrying...
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  14. #13474
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes that's the spirit. Why do the hard version when I know a way to make it easier?

    The stairmaster sucks, but wearing 50# and walking up stairs is not even close to reality since bunker gear + SCBA is ~60 pounds and traps heat, then there's the hose rollup or tools you'd be carrying...
    That's some serious weight that's why I'm keeping my vest even after the medical. I figure just keep adding weight but cut it to once a week or something similar to try and get used to all the weight of the gear

  15. #13475
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Finding 5 extra minutes isn't that hard in 30 days. If they are serious about the job that'll be easy.

    My biggest concern is these letters they send to previous employers. Didnt leave on the best terms with one or two of them.

  16. #13476
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Finding 5 extra minutes isn't that hard in 30 days. If they are serious about the job that'll be easy.

    My biggest concern is these letters they send to previous employers. Didnt leave on the best terms with one or two of them.
    Past employment verification never looks for anything more than "Did they actually work there from month/date to month/date?"

  17. #13477
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes that's the spirit. Why do the hard version when I know a way to make it easier?

    The stairmaster sucks, but wearing 50# and walking up stairs is not even close to reality since bunker gear + SCBA is ~60 pounds and traps heat, then there's the hose rollup or tools you'd be carrying...
    Also, the stepping with the boots and bunker pants isn't the easiest thing to do. Can't really bend your knees as if you were wearing shorts or regular pants.

  18. #13478
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    If you're not already upset about PHs here's something that'll do it.

    Regular guys are taking home about $1100 every 2 weeks whereas they are taking home $2500.

    Gotta love it.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

  19. #13479
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Past employment verification never looks for anything more than "Did they actually work there from month/date to month/date?"
    So what are these letters they send out for?

  20. #13480
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    If you're not already upset about PHs here's something that'll do it.

    Regular guys are taking home about $1100 every 2 weeks whereas they are taking home $2500.

    Gotta love it.
    Is this before of after taxes ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 22 users browsing this thread. (7 members and 15 guests)

  1. DedicatedAmbition,
  2. dkjets75,
  3. EKFCASPER,
  4. Jky9xx,
  5. JRodPizza ,
  6. nptks,
  7. SIFire

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts