Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. All these emails guys were getting about the "count down to the academy" and such, I have not gotten. This could have something to do with it.

Could someone who got a letter confirm? If you got a run letter but you also don't receive the emails from the FDNY about "the count down to the academy" and "are you ready?" , let us know. That could solve where the email is coming from.

Chad I just called recruitment today (@ 718-999-FDNY) and had them update my email. Idk how much good it did considering thirdtimesacharm got one of those academy emails today and I didn't get it. But it's worth a try. Call your investigator at 9:01 tomorrow. Then call recruitment?
    Yeah, that's a good idea.

Forum Member

I'm in the same boat as you. All these emails guys were getting about the "count down to the academy" and such, I have not gotten. This could have something to do with it.

Could someone who got a letter confirm? If you got a run letter but you also don't receive the emails from the FDNY about "the count down to the academy" and "are you ready?" , let us know. That could solve where the email is coming from.

Chad I just called recruitment today (@ 718-999-FDNY) and had them update my email. Idk how much good it did considering thirdtimesacharm got one of those academy emails today and I didn't get it. But it's worth a try. Call your investigator at 9:01 tomorrow. Then call recruitment?
    I also dont get most of those emails people mention on here. Every now and then a joinFDNY one pops in, but usually Im not getting them.

People said the email came from CID FDNY though, if that's the case, that's the same email address that sent a notification in May that we were approaching the deadline to submit our proofs for residency credit. I did get that email back then.

Forum Member

I guess that's it. Haven't seen any new updates from anyone. Sucks. Thought I had a good chance in the 500's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    I never received a countdown
    Okay chad, that rules that out than. So it's not an email thing.

Simply give your investigator a call in the morning and say a guy you know got a letter and he's past your list number and you were just calling to make sure everything is good. Good luck sleeping tonight buddy, haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    I guess that's it. Haven't seen any new updates from anyone. Sucks. Thought I had a good chance in the 500's.
    Not necessarily. You and I are close. They need to send out letters and see who shows up. Then get a number from that and then send out more letters to fill in what's left. (assuming the pass rate isn't 100% lol)

Forum Member

Okay chad, that rules that out than. So it's not an email thing.

Simply give your investigator a call in the morning and say a guy you know got a letter and he's past your list number and you were just calling to make sure everything is good. Good luck sleeping tonight buddy, haha.
    I know, right. I'm guessing it has to be either one of or both of these things: I'm going to be scheduled for the run on a different day other than the 7th (has anyone gotten anything different?) or because my investigator had me bring in that paperwork last week again I'm being processed with people with lower list numbers despite my list number being very low.

Forum Member

there was more than one run date last academy correct? so you guys in the low 500's may get letters, however i'm in the low 600's so by the looks of it, i wont make jan, oh well back to active duty it is till next jan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    there was more than one run date last academy correct? so you guys in the low 500's may get letters, however i'm in the low 600's so by the looks of it, i wont make jan, oh well back to active duty it is till next jan
    There are multiple run dates, and they may schedule additional dates if for some reason they need to call more people. They obviously try to only send letters to people that definitely have a spot. Don't want to have 20 people run and then get told "yeah sorry we don't need you this time around".

Forum Member

I never received any of those "countdown" or "are you ready" emails. Only Join FDNY ones once in a while. The run letter is infact from CID.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    I think they still get to just under 700

Forum Member

Wait! So does this mean that out of the 350 or so they went down on the list and it was only 20 people?

Forum Member

Well I hope the letters keep coming in for you guys,seems like all our predictions were off for this upcoming class. It seems like due to the large amount of recycles the list is gonna move super slow since there isn't a cap on how many times people can recycle.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Well I hope the letters keep coming in for you guys,seems like all our predictions were off for this upcoming class. It seems like due to the large amount of recycles the list is gonna move super slow since there isn't a cap on how many times people can recycle.
    Well from what has been seen they only called about 200 or so more names. It's hard to believe that it's the last of it, but seems to be. Congrats to the guys that got the letter today.

Forum Member

I was at work and couldn't read the attachment fully but got it maybe around 6 or so. January 7th at 0700. Not gonna lie I cried when I got it. Make sure u call to confirm it. Not sure if my sig still appears but I'm 34x on the list
    infolet333 likes this.

Forum Member

So best case, probably won't hear of anymore getting run letters until at least the 8th huh? That sound right MM?

Forum Member

Gonna go home and hug a 6-pack haha.

Sitting low 900's even July doesn't seem right anymore.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Stop acting so depressed fellas. This is only the first wave of emails. Only the 7th was giving remember there are at least 2 more run dates to be giving out. In a couple of days we will really see Whats going on.
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I was at work and couldn't read the attachment fully but got it maybe around 6 or so. January 7th at 0700. Not gonna lie I cried when I got it. Make sure u call to confirm it. Not sure if my sig still appears but I'm 34x on the list
    Oh, so you have to call and confirm you got it? Does it say when you need to call and confirm by? (maybe a week or so prior to the run?) Because I'm sure there will be people who don't call and confirm and they will probably send out more letters to compensate for those few. That may be another 20-40 more list numbers added on right? (who may be squeezed into the run on the 7th)

Forum Member

i hope you guys are right about multiple run dates : ( ok time to stop being a baby and keep myself busy doing something.

Forum Member

Oh to add I also don't get any of those countdown letters people talk about. And highest I know is my boy who is 36x who got the letter today also
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Oh, so you have to call and confirm you got it? Does it say when you need to call and confirm by? (maybe a week or so prior to the run?) Because I'm sure there will be people who don't call and confirm and they will probably send out more letters to compensate for those few. That may be another 20-40 more list numbers added on right? (who may be squeezed into the run on the 7th)
    It just says you must call to confirm your appointment in all bold letters. It tells you attire and where to park.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Oh to add I also don't get any of those countdown letters people talk about. And highest I know is my boy who is 36x who got the letter today also
    Yeah so it must be that 388 number DCAS put out.

Only 40-50 list numbers from 388 and I'll get mine. Whatta you guys think? Can I squeeze in? I'M PRAYING! HELP ME OUT SANTA!!!

Forum Member

Default run letter

Stop with these negative pessimistic comments. This isn't all the run letters. This was the first wave. the run is on 3 different dates. all the emails sent out today were only for January 7th. Dont start panicking just yet.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Stop with these negative pessimistic comments. This isn't all the run letters. This was the first wave. the run is on 3 different dates. all the emails sent out today were only for January 7th. Dont start panicking just yet.
    yeah I mean you have to figure they got up to 360 something for the first letter,,, I srtill believe it gets to 700

Forum Member

Is it possible to get a run letter without an email? Iam low 200s and haven't received Nything as of yet. I already emailed my investigator and will call her in the morning

Thread Information