Like Tree11346Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Also I heard nothing from my investigator for months. I gave a recent residency in September and emailed him a few times in November and December and heard nothing back lol. So I guess no news is good news with this process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Is it possible to get a run letter without an email? Iam low 200s and haven't received Nything as of yet. I already emailed my investigator and will call her in the morning
    Check your spam or do a search of FDNY. If not, they probably don't have an email on file.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Gonna go home and hug a 6-pack haha.
    Stay away from my abs!

Back in my day (LOL), we didn't have this newfangled "email". We had to wait by our actual snailmail mailboxes.

Be patient fellas. It'll happen in due time. This is the electronic age, but it all doesn't happen at once. I'm sure the archaic email program is smoking a bit.
    vekdoggs75 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Last post, I swear! Then I'm going to bed. I've been blowing this thread up haha, sorry fellas.

From what we've seen, everyone's date seems to be Jan 7th. If they started from 102 and stopped at 388, that's 268 run letters sent out. Do they expect to run 286 people in a day? Is that standard? I figured it was done in small groups, similar to the medical. Thoughts?

Forum Member

I haven't gotten an email and I'm mid 200s not sure what the science behind this whole process is but I intend to find out this week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Last post, I swear! Then I'm going to bed. I've been blowing this thread up haha, sorry fellas.

From what we've seen, everyone's date seems to be Jan 7th. If they started from 102 and stopped at 388, that's 268 run letters sent out. Do they expect to run 286 people in a day? Is that standard? I figured it was done in small groups, similar to the medical. Thoughts?
    You incorrectly assume that every single person on the list has completed all steps and is going to run.

Forum Member

they probably didnt send out 286 letter- that would assume every person passed every step in the process. if its a 3:1 ratio then thats 95 letters. 95 runners in one day could be possible. If i remember correctly they did groups of 50 and had about 2 groups a day, no?
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

All 268 candidates will run that day?!?! I've ran marathons with less people and it still gets pretty crowded!

Forum Member

Remember that that is 286 numbers from a list of people that simply took the exam. No telling how many are no longer with us from CPAT, the medical, deferments, background checks (hiding stuff, unable to prove residency, etc.), uninterested and so on and so on. They may have only sent out 150 letters. This was surely only the first wave for January.
    test2000 and Mtk123 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    Remember that that is 286 numbers from a list of people that simply took the exam. No telling how many are no longer with us from CPAT, the medical, deferments, background checks (hiding stuff, unable to prove residency, etc.), uninterested and so on and so on. They may have only sent out 150 letters. This was surely only the first wave for January.
    Exactly, bro. Next few weeks will be very interesting. Happy Holidays, everyone.

Forum Member

is everybody taking run at the same time jan 7th or are there different times for that date?

I really hope this class atleast hires up to 600 range.. 300s range is bad news.

Forum Member

That didn't take long. Run letters already hash tagged on Instagram. Some idiots will never learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    That didn't take long. Run letters already hash tagged on Instagram. Some idiots will never learn.
    Just out of curiosity; how do you check whats trending?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Just out of curiosity; how do you check whats trending?
    You can search for #whatever (#fdny for example) and any pictures tagged with that will come up. Some people post their department correspondences without blocking out their name/address. Not bright.

Forum Member

are we certain there will be a 2nd wave of run letters and how will that work in terms of getting up there in list?

Im pretty certain most of the people who attend the run will pass, as its not a hard task and anyone who can pass the cpat and stairs can prob do 1.5 in under 13.

The only thing I can imagine happening is some candidates who received run letters not attending the run/ declining the job. But other than that, what are the chances there will be another wave and it will yield another 300 list numbers being called?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    If they sent out 150 letters, and all 150 candidates pass, that's almost the whole class right there after we add in the recycles and the rest of the EMS PH's to be hired. If 150 letters were sent out to candidates who made it thus far, im guessing they will all attend and pass, if not than most of them will.

Forum Member

Idk. But for one date, 150 is a lot. We could assume that it was much lower considering that there are (as we know) two times. That would make 75 for each run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    are we certain there will be a 2nd wave of run letters and how will that work in terms of getting up there in list?

Im pretty certain most of the people who attend the run will pass, as its not a hard task and anyone who can pass the cpat and stairs can prob do 1.5 in under 13.

The only thing I can imagine happening is some candidates who received run letters not attending the run/ declining the job. But other than that, what are the chances there will be another wave and it will yield another 300 list numbers being called?
    And lets not start thinking a 1.5 in under 13 is a walk in the park.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    And lets not start thinking a 1.5 in under 13 is a walk in the park.
    Never said it was.. the CPAT and staying on stairmaster 8 minutes isn't a walk in the park for everybody either.. But I put 1.5 in under 13 on the same level as CPAT and stairmaster.. Those who can pass the CPAT and stairs, in my opinion can pass the 1.5 in under 13.

Forum Member

To add insult to injury, I got 2 false alarms today.

1st I got a letter in the mail from DCAS. I didn't know what it could be or why DCAS was sending me a letter, but my imagination was getting ahead of itself thinking that MAYBE, by some chrismtas miracle it was a run letter. I started opening the letter and quickly caught a glance of the word "congratulations"... and just when I thought it was the good news, it turned out to be a letter congratulating me for passing the CPAT, old news that I've known for the past 7 weeks when I took and passed the test.

Then after 5pm, I got an FDNY email. Again quickly thought maybe it was something significant, but it turned out to be an FDNY newsletter reminding me to continue to work out, and that the academy I wont be in, starts next month.

lol.
    DC33017 and Patiently_Waiting like this.

Forum Member

I emailed my investigator a little after 8 last night since I did not get an email about the run. She called back at 9 and I missed the call but she left a voicemail saying there's one thing she needs me to do on my application so I am assuming that's what is holding me up, maybe recent residency document.

Keep in mind I've been calling her every 3-4 weeks for 3 months asking her if there's anything I needed to do and without looking in my folder she'd cut me off with "if I need anything I'll contact you". JFC....

*also, a few guys said they were going to call their investigators tomorrow in the voicemail it was stressed to call at 9AM so I am guessing they will not be in for a full day tomorrow. Make sure you get in touch early.

Forum Member

Guys there are def multiple run days. Relax. You got the holiday tomorrow. I know it's gonna be rough for those of you who haven't gotten anything yet. Trust me I know. Last Christmas I found out I wasn't i. January class on Christmas Eve. It sucked....anyway, they'll probably notify more of you later this week if not even next week. I didn't get my run notification for about 3 days after most of my buddies got theirs. In fact Peggy Quinn called me and told me when to show up and said the letter won't be coming for a couple days. She just wanted to notify me before July 4th holiday. They love banging this stuff out before a holiday. Lol.
    Good luck guys. I know how you guys are feeling right now. Sit tight, it's coming!
    This truly is the best job in the world :-)
    Go get em' KnocKnoc!!
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Forum Member

Well, that was easy. I called my investigator right at 9, she picked up right after the first ring. I said, Hi, this is Chad... you had me come in last week to turn in paperwork..." and before I could even finish she said, "I know who you are, you are calling to find out if you are scheduled for the run, you will be scheduled for one of the other days." I told her how people with list numbers two hundred after me were receiving their notifications already so I was concerned and then she just let me know that I will be scheduled for a run on a different day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Well, that was easy. I called my investigator right at 9, she picked up right after the first ring. I said, Hi, this is Chad... you had me come in last week to turn in paperwork..." and before I could even finish she said, "I know who you are, you are calling to find out if you are scheduled for the run, you will be scheduled for one of the other days." I told her how people with list numbers two hundred after me were receiving their notifications already so I was concerned and then she just let me know that I will be scheduled for a run on a different day.
    Fuuking awesome chad !!!! Now you can sleep !!!!

Forum Member

Just got off phone with investigator. she was in at 9am. She already knew what I was calling about anandanddand she said don't worry you will get a call for the run. They haven't sent everyone out yet. List # xx

Thread Information