Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 677 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 177577627667674675676677678679680687727777 ... LastLast
Results 13,521 to 13,540 of 20348
Like Tree7729Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I don't. I did it when I got on EMS so it's been quite a while since then. Someone going through the process now should know.
    Thanks anyway man...

Can anyone else going through it weigh in? Is it still a 5 year SS earnings report that they ask for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDNY444 View Post
    Off topic, but if one of you guys OTJ wouldn't mind entertaining my question, I'd appreciate it.

Do your scba's have an ebss?
    Of course, I'm pretty sure you can't buy SCBA without that anymore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by getting ready View Post
    Thanks anyway man...

Can anyone else going through it weigh in? Is it still a 5 year SS earnings report that they ask for?

I checked my folder for you because I saw your question a few times...it states
    "lesser of the past 5 years or since high school graduation"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    What is the stepmill step rate during the 3 minute warmup to see if u double your resting heartrate?
    Should be lv5 on the stairmill for 3min. You then go in another room rest 5min then go on with the vest for 5:12 @ lv6 60steps/min if you didn't double your heart rate in the warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The money gets better in the long run, but it sucks to start with and will never be great considering the cost of living here.
    ...Thank god for the G.I Bill. That's enough said, for those who know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I checked my folder for you because I saw your question a few times...it states
    "lesser of the past 5 years or since high school graduation"

Ok so just to be clear, they want a SS earnings report for that criteria, or for you to list the jobs you've had since high school and a 5 yr SS earnings report? Because that is what I've heard.

Sorry for the follow up, I'm just confused on this.

Forum Member

Its ok its simple for me just went to my local social security office with a blank check. Count back 5 years ask for those years to current yearexample I had gotten from 07 to 11, even though it was 2012 the work year wasn't finished. For only 5 years the lady didn't even charge me. You don't need to list jobs because wherever you worked appears on the statement

Forum Member

Its ok its simple for me just went to my local social security office with a blank check. Count back 5 years ask for those years to current yearexample I had gotten from 07 to 11, even though it was 2012 the work year wasn't finished. For only 5 years the lady didn't even charge me. You don't need to list jobs because wherever you worked appears on the statement

Ahhhh I see. When you typed
    lesser of the past 5 years or since high school graduation
    I didn't quite read that correctly. Meaning whichever is less of an amount in years, bring that report. Gotcha.

They do or do not also ask you to list every job you've had since high school in the investigation packet though?

Forum Member

Wow. I certainly missed a whole lot since the weekend. As far as investigation goes: call the investigator! Let him/her know and continue to bombard with questions like "am I on track" or "what documents am I missing".

As far as pay, who cares. I know that my family will be taken care of once I'm in but my job is to save lives. I knew the pay was crap before I even signed up but I'm still sticking with it. And don't worry about the PHs; there is such a thing as karma but its a little more down to earth than you think. I know this had been said over and over again but if you do what you love the money will come.

Forum Member

Ahhhh I see. When you typed I didn't quite read that correctly. Meaning whichever is less of an amount in years, bring that report. Gotcha.

They do or do not also ask you to list every job you've had since high school in the investigation packet though?
    They will ask you to list jobs since hs when you're at your psych. The detailed earnings is for your investigator which is completely different, but you can bring that paper with you to your psych to fill out questions

Forum Member

They will ask you to list jobs since hs when you're at your psych. The detailed earnings is for your investigator which is completely different, but you can bring that paper with you to your psych to fill out questions
    So last question and I'll leave you alone for the rest of your life. They don't ask you to fill out your employment history in the investigation packet? That doesn't sound right. Or do they only ask that you fill out the last 5 years as well?

Forum Member

any of you get an email survey for the mentorship program? I was disappointed the question "Why are you not in the current academy?" only allowed for multiple choice answers. lol
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

So last question and I'll leave you alone for the rest of your life. They don't ask you to fill out your employment history in the investigation packet? That doesn't sound right. Or do they only ask that you fill out the last 5 years as well?
    Lol its cool man I had tons of questions too. I believe they do ask you about your employment history in the packet. I honestly got mine and was excited and filled it out and forgot some of the details in it, its huge lol. There are definitely pages about employment in there though. Any other questions don't be scared to shoot me a pm on here. The packets were handed in so we no longer have those but any questions about residency, bills to save, etc just ask man

MembersZone Subscriber

Of course they do. They'll tell you what they want from you. And you'll have time to get it all together. Just RELAX.

Jeez, I did all this YEARS ago and you guys are making ME nervous about it. Don't drive yourselves nuts anticipating what they want because they're going to TELL you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    any of you get an email survey for the mentorship program? I was disappointed the question "Why are you not in the current academy?" only allowed for multiple choice answers. lol
    Lol Yea I wanted to put because they didn't hire at the ratio they talked about.

Forum Member

Lol its cool man I had tons of questions too. I believe they do ask you about your employment history in the packet. I honestly got mine and was excited and filled it out and forgot some of the details in it, its huge lol. There are definitely pages about employment in there though. Any other questions don't be scared to shoot me a pm on here. The packets were handed in so we no longer have those but any questions about residency, bills to save, etc just ask man
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    Of course they do. They'll tell you what they want from you. And you'll have time to get it all together. Just RELAX.

Jeez, I did all this YEARS ago and you guys are making ME nervous about it. Don't drive yourselves nuts anticipating what they want because they're going to TELL you.

Thanks and thanks...

Forum Member

Guys talking about pay: is it really that bad? I know the main draws of the job are not monetary but do you live comfortably?

I'm sure alot depends on lifestyle, and I know that most people have second jobs but is that to supplement income or out of necessity?

Lastly with Tier 6 I want to double check that after 25 years you retire with 50%, or is it the average of 5 years - if so which 5 years?

I lied one more thing, what are the chances of the line of duty death pension being reinstated? With a union as strong as FDNY I still don't understand how they made such a huge concession.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    Guys talking about pay: is it really that bad? I know the main draws of the job are not monetary but do you live comfortably?

I'm sure alot depends on lifestyle, and I know that most people have second jobs but is that to supplement income or out of necessity?

Lastly with Tier 6 I want to double check that after 25 years you retire with 50%, or is it the average of 5 years - if so which 5 years?

I lied one more thing, what are the chances of the line of duty death pension being reinstated? With a union as strong as FDNY I still don't understand how they made such a huge concession.
    It's a living; you won't starve. But I don't need to tell you the pay is a minor issue for most of us. We love the job because of what it is. Money is always going to be an issue for you, but you won't care. You'll just be happy to go to work. And that makes up for the salary.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks and thanks...
    You're welcome. But take that advice seriously and just relax. If you have a good list number and you want it enough to earn it, it'll happen. Just be ready for when it does.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden36 View Post
    You're welcome. But take that advice seriously and just relax. If you have a good list number and you want it enough to earn it, it'll happen. Just be ready for when it does.
    Whats a good list number? :0(
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information