Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Can i just ask how u come up with this ****ing number? Is it just a guess?
    What logical deductive reasoning went into this number?

Ill present the same question to everyone else with a random number they have thrown out...

FYI IF YOU PANIC YOU CANT THINK. EVERYONE TAKE A ****ING BREATH AND LOOK AND REALIZE THEY ARE GOING TO GET HIGHER

LOL... well,,, someone said their mentor said they are getting just up to 700,,, and seeing as how they got up to 360 for only 1 date,, and there is 3 different run dates,,, then i would assume that there needs to be at the very least another 100 names callled... if they get to 360 or so and if the ratio is the worst 3:1 then your looking at another 300 or so spots add if ppl who dont want it and or fail for some other reason then you get about 350 more names,,,,

ohh and im list #65x, so hoping it will go that high

Forum Member

Maybe they'll send out 23 more waves of letters so they'll get to my number...or not...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Coldbood92 I hope you get a call because seeing your interval workouts, I know you will be the first one finished at the run. I do hope the letters keep coming and hit a high number for everyone's sake and sanity haha! I'm living the drama with you guys even though I'm sitting at 20xx. Go out for a run everyone it's the best thing we can do at this point

Forum Member

DC33017, how does that make sense? Assuming they went from 102-360 someone said was the highest person to get a run letter. If all things being even and that was everyone for first day run wouldnt it be fair to assume they get another 250 names for each day? Getting in the neighborhood of 850? I mean...remember 3:1 ratio means 1out of 4 people...200 spots yields 800 numbers called...just saying...
    P.S. think the ratio probably be higher than 3:1

^bacon
    haha thanx man...I posted those to help everyone out. I have no desire to stand out in probie school...Ill be looking to finish middle of the pack.

Forum Member

DC33017, how does that make sense? Assuming they went from 102-360 someone said was the highest person to get a run letter. If all things being even and that was everyone for first day run wouldnt it be fair to assume they get another 250 names for each day? Getting in the neighborhood of 850? I mean...remember 3:1 ratio means 1out of 4 people...200 spots yields 800 numbers called...just saying...
    P.S. think the ratio probably be higher than 3:1

^bacon
    haha thanx man...I posted those to help everyone out. I have no desire to stand out in probie school...Ill be looking to finish middle of the pack.

I was just being conservative with the numbers,,, i hope you get in this class man,,,,, just going with what someones investigator said that no way they are getting to 800's i forget who said it but someone posted it on here,,, but who knows man

Forum Member

they also said for the last class that no OC would be in it... :-/

im staying hopeful...im going running now

Forum Member

Am I the only one stuck at work on Xmas eve. I need to get my work out in before I pig out for the next 24-48 hours lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I got a very similar answer to chad. I guess just sit tight

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Some just can't let the hood go !!!
    stop that's racist
    FDsouthbxNY and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    so my mentee spoke to an investigator and they told him thursday and friday the next batch of letters go out
    your mentee? so your a mentor now?

lol jp
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

Can i just ask how u come up with this ****ing number? Is it just a guess?
    What logical deductive reasoning went into this number?

Ill present the same question to everyone else with a random number they have thrown out...

FYI IF YOU PANIC YOU CANT THINK. EVERYONE TAKE A ****ING BREATH AND LOOK AND REALIZE THEY ARE GOING TO GET HIGHER
    I have no idea what number they will reach, im not trying to be negative, but I don't want to be carelessly optimistic and get my hopes up. but heres 2 different sources im going by:

#1) when I went for CPAT training, 2 different instructors there said if your in the 700's range you better start preparing now because your on the borderline for January's class.

#2) a guy at my gym this week who knows somebody that works in FDNY recruitment, told me that the guy he knows said they are going to call up to the 600's for this class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Am I the only one stuck at work on Xmas eve. I need to get my work out in before I pig out for the next 24-48 hours lol.
    You're not the only one I'm working until 7 30 but nothing can put me down right now lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You're not the only one I'm working until 7 30 but nothing can put me down right now lol
    Working as well! Thought I was going to be out by 12, but looks like 4 now. I think my face is broken...can't get rid of this smile on my face lol!
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm working till 10...in an ambulance.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Working tonight and most likely tomorrow night as well. Enjoy the holidays off, cause that's not going to happen when you get on.

Forum Member

Im not taking anything for granted..my goal will be to read the probie manual atleast twice before entering the academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    Working as well! Thought I was going to be out by 12, but looks like 4 now. I think my face is broken...can't get rid of this smile on my face lol!
    Scratch that my job let me out early lol. My cheeks are hurting from smiling so much lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Im not taking anything for granted..my goal will be to read the probie manual atleast twice before entering the academy
    I was like a third through it, but I'm starting it again now that this semester is over. During the school semesters I have way too much reading going on. I had a pretty awesome class on Hazardous Materials this last semester.

Forum Member

Wink

im hitting the bar tonight with or without a letter. With, I might buy everyone without a penis a drink
    Be real careful with that ... Specially if you in the west side village !!!
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

So I called my investigator cuz I had to change something with my info and got a little bit of good news.

She said that between today, Thur, and fri they still have a lot of work to do and there will be more letters going out definitely. She said my list number is on the fence but she does plan on submitting it for final review very soon for possibly the January class depending on how many people defer, fail, etc.

Sitting low low 900's. So take it for what you will but it cheered me up.
    coldblood92 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    So I called my investigator cuz I had to change something with my info and got a little bit of good news.

She said that between today, Thur, and fri they still have a lot of work to do and there will be more letters going out definitely. She said my list number is on the fence but she does plan on submitting it for final review very soon for possibly the January class depending on how many people defer, fail, etc.

Sitting low low 900's. So take it for what you will but it cheered me up.
    Great news bro. Does that mean more emails will go out today? Want to know if I should risk getting smacked for being near my phone at dinner time lol

Forum Member

Default Veteran in need of help

Does anyone know if you can get DQ'd if you have a service-connected disability? I'm at 30% and I am trying to figure out if I can still get in. I received my package about 2 weeks ago and i am very excited on becoming a FF. I am also 31 yo will that eliminate me as well? Thank you all and happy holidays!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=USMC55;1394956]Does anyone know if you can get DQ'd if you have a service-connected disability? I'm at 30% and I am trying to figure out if I can still get in. I received my package about 2 weeks ago and i am very excited on becoming a FF. I am also 31 yo will that eliminate me as well? Thank you all and happy holidays![/QUOT

the age won't dq you as long as you have the active duty time and the % won't matter either. They just will take a look at it. I got in with 60% and just had to see the othro doc to get cleared.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

I just received my run letter.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

List number? Date?

Thread Information