Like Tree9817Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    wow. its been dead on here all day lol. everyone waiting for that email...
    Yuuup, nothing over here yet. I believe they started getting the emails around 6:30 though, so we'll see shortly. Maybe it's tomorrow?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleHamster View Post
    The exam is officially set to expire on June 26, 2017.
    Does that mean the next test won't be until 2017 or do you think they will give one 2016 since it takes some time to process

Forum Member

You never know with city tests, they may extend the list expiration just like they did with sanitation this year if they still need people...why expire a list if they still have a bunch of qualified candidates on it and they need people

Forum Member

No run email for me yet. Kind of had my heart shattered over the weekend when my investigator called and says she needed June of 2011 to prove residency. (Guess what I gave only went up to first week of June) I spoke to her that same day and told her I should have it within 5 business days and she said she will forward that info to the appropriate parties concerned. Today I sent her an email of the month needed and will just cross my fingers I get into the Jan class, but I doubt it now. Advice to others, even if you got checked off on everything like I did the first time, keep checking with your investigator til the day you run. Good luck to those going in Jan, wish and hope I could be there with y'all.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Nothing yet. I would think the emails would go out Friday night or Monday. This waiting is torture. A big congratulations to all have you who have received a run letter.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

You can't breath easy untill you get that letter.

54X on the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    it ends your relationship in terms of having to contact them.. however, you are still under investigation by them while your on probation. They receive attendance reports on you and so forth during your probationary period. That's how it works for other city agencies, and im pretty sure it works the same for FD.

Attendance and coming to work on time are HUGE when your on probation, and your investigators are notified of your attendance and any off duty conduct that can jeopardize your career while your on probation.
    For the millionth time why are you answering questions about FDNY based on your knowledge of DOC?

As far as I am aware Candidate Investigations only focuses on candidates for jobs with the department, hence the name Candidate Investigations. Evaluations definitely are submitted by commanding officers to Personnel, but it's not CID.

Speaking of off duty conduct that can threaten your career, how does being openly racist on an internet forum factor into the equation?

Forum Member

Hey everybody, been off the grid for a while focused on life..

Hope everyone is doing well.. Merry Christmas and congrats to those who graduated the last class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    You can't breath easy untill you get that letter.

54X on the list.
    Tell me about it bro. Hang in there, we'll get it!

Forum Member

Hey quick question fellas and I know it's late but maybe someone can help me with this. I'd like to have any of you had any arrests and moving violations that may thought have slowed up your application process a bit???

Forum Member

I'm just saying I know how the city is when it comes to things like that I'm just hoping the FDNY isn't as strict about it as the NYPD. I appreciate any response from anyone even if its been said already pardon me but I'm not trying to go all the way back and search for it especially if one of you guys can answer the question for me. Appreciate it!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Hey quick question fellas and I know it's late but maybe someone can help me with this. I'd like to have any of you had any arrests and moving violations that may thought have slowed up your application process a bit???
    I think as long as its settled and sealed you should be all good, i'm in the same situation but no felonies or drug/violent arrests just minor, misdemeanors that were all dismissed and sealed

Forum Member

Aight cool appreciate that homie. I was hoping so especially in reference to light charges such as a misdemeanor. I was just hoping being that I had em didn't want em to jeopardize my chances. You know for sure though like you got your run letter and all?? Not trying to go in just in need some clarity

Forum Member

Aight cool appreciate that homie. I was hoping so especially in reference to light charges such as a misdemeanors. I was just hoping being that I had em didn't want em to jeopardize my chances like they'll look past me and chose another candidate with a clean slate over me I think that's what be going on with brothers who are higher in the list who haven't been selected for the run yet. I don't know just my assumption. You know for sure though like you got your run letter and all?? Not trying to go in just in need of some clarity

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    For the millionth time why are you answering questions about FDNY based on your knowledge of DOC?

As far as I am aware Candidate Investigations only focuses on candidates for jobs with the department, hence the name Candidate Investigations. Evaluations definitely are submitted by commanding officers to Personnel, but it's not CID.

Speaking of off duty conduct that can threaten your career, how does being openly racist on an internet forum factor into the equation?
    What is your problem with every ****in post I make? Every department, DOC, NYPD, Courts, Port Authority, there investigations department still monitors probationary officers, and im almost certain, FDNY is no exception. If that wasn't the case, then your telling me after all the fire fighters are hired from this list, that these investigators are going to come to work and have NOTHING TO DO? THE FDNY WENT YEARS WITHOUT HIRING A SINGLE FIRE FIGHTER, YOU THINK CID INVESTIGATORS WERE LAID OFF OR CAME TO WORK AND SAT AROUND DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? You really are ignorant. CID doesn't just investigate candidates and then once they are hired that's it. FDNY now is busy processing all these candidates since they haven't hired in a while before these past few classes, but in a couple years, FDNY may go a few years without putting a class through.. but according to you investigators from CID will either be laid off or get paid to come to work and do absolutely nothing.

And am I posting my pictures on here with my name making offensive remarks towards FDNY? No. I made a couple comments complaining about the reverse discrimination that's going on with this hiring process. Big deal.

you get defensive anytime someone else knows a thing or too about something on here cause you want to be the know it all of this form. Your a probie, something everybody else here is going to be soon. Your not the 1st fire fighter, or the last, so get over yourself already.

Forum Member

You're right, they aren't laid off when all is said and done because they do investigations for way more than firefighters. They do investigations for every single other position, including promotions for every other city position within the FDNY which includes emt's, medics, promo from Emt to medic, fire Marshall, the list goes on and on.

They do not have the time to monitor every single probie in every probie/new hire/promo situation. Believe it or not there is a hell of a lot more to FDNY than being a firefighter even though no one cares about them.

Our problem with you is you say ridiculous things and than expect to be treated as an equal. He may not know everything but I'd be willing to be he knows more about the department than you for the simple fact that he's in it. All of the other guys who are otj for many years left this forum because of people like you so while he may not know everything he's the closest we have to the inside reality of FDNY.

Forum Member

And when you start causing a problem for the department it is not CID who hunts you down and keeps an eye on you. It's BITS. So although I don't know 100% of everything FDNY I'm pretty positive you're wrong on that one.

Stick to what your 110% sure of is fact next time.

Forum Member

So I haven't followed the last 20 pages but glanced through. Are Ph's and everyone else allowed to recycle a bunch of times?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    And when you start causing a problem for the department it is not CID who hunts you down and keeps an eye on you. It's BITS. So although I don't know 100% of everything FDNY I'm pretty positive you're wrong on that one.

Stick to what your 110% sure of is fact next time.
    im not wrong on that 1. I have friends who were investigators for a few other city agencies. And they've told me they receive probationary reports on officers that they processed throughout their time on probation.

Never the less, I basically stated to the guy in my comments that once the process is over he doesn't have to have any more contact with his investigator and that is over with. Why you need to argue if im right in terms of whether his investigator receives probationary reports on him or not is pointless.

and stick to what im 110% sure of is fact next time? This whole form is based on non factual things and opinions. If people can post here and give factual answers then I wouldn't comment on any posts or try to answer any questions. Everything on this form is from rumors/non factual things.

Forum Member

im not wrong on that 1. I have friends who were investigators for a few other city agencies. And they've told me they receive probationary reports on officers that they processed throughout their time on probation.

Never the less, I basically stated to the guy in my comments that once the process is over he doesn't have to have any more contact with his investigator and that is over with. Why you need to argue if im right in terms of whether his investigator receives probationary reports on him or not is pointless.

and stick to what im 110% sure of is fact next time? This whole form is based on non factual things and opinions. If people can post here and give factual answers then I wouldn't comment on any posts or try to answer any questions. Everything on this form is from rumors/non factual things.
    I know how both you and MM could have saved a lot of frustration.

This post is entitled "FDNY Exam 2000" which I can only assume would be a forum of prospective FDNY probies looking to share information about upcoming events in the hiring process. Sometimes, we get hired and stay on the forum with the ability to chime in on questions with a holistic view of the hiring process.

When a user on the forum begins a question with, "To all of you on the job," it's probably best to not answer that question, unless your are on the effin job!

I understand that you, John246, have to get in the last word and I'm sure you're able to that with those deserving cons in the DOC. You seem to have a lot of built-up childish frustration clawing it's way out, but for the rest of us; this forum isn't a medium for us to channel our inner racist, answer questions out of turn or to harang others due to our own ignorance and lack of sizeable man parts.

So stop being a d*uche and let us get our information from one another without you essentially "photobombing" our forum.
    Last edited by dwm326; 12-27-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Medic2312 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Hey! Did anyone else receive a "run email"? I got mine earlier this week. I guess this is it huh?

Exam # - 2000
    Score - 106
    List # - 16X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_P View Post
    Hey! Did anyone else receive a "run email"? I got mine earlier this week. I guess this is it huh?

Exam # - 2000
    Score - 106
    List # - 16X
    haven't read the past couple of pages huh?

Lol Just busting balls, congrats dude.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 12-27-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    I think as long as its settled and sealed you should be all good, i'm in the same situation but no felonies or drug/violent arrests just minor, misdemeanors that were all dismissed and sealed
    Thanks man

Forum Member

What is your problem with every ****in post I make? Every department, DOC, NYPD, Courts, Port Authority, there investigations department still monitors probationary officers, and im almost certain, FDNY is no exception. If that wasn't the case, then your telling me after all the fire fighters are hired from this list, that these investigators are going to come to work and have NOTHING TO DO? THE FDNY WENT YEARS WITHOUT HIRING A SINGLE FIRE FIGHTER, YOU THINK CID INVESTIGATORS WERE LAID OFF OR CAME TO WORK AND SAT AROUND DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? You really are ignorant. CID doesn't just investigate candidates and then once they are hired that's it. FDNY now is busy processing all these candidates since they haven't hired in a while before these past few classes, but in a couple years, FDNY may go a few years without putting a class through.. but according to you investigators from CID will either be laid off or get paid to come to work and do absolutely nothing.

And am I posting my pictures on here with my name making offensive remarks towards FDNY? No. I made a couple comments complaining about the reverse discrimination that's going on with this hiring process. Big deal.

you get defensive anytime someone else knows a thing or too about something on here cause you want to be the know it all of this form. Your a probie, something everybody else here is going to be soon. Your not the 1st fire fighter, or the last, so get over yourself already.
    Ah. John, John, John

Yes, you indeed posted comments that were offensive, ignorant, untrue, uncalled for and malicious in their intent to not only be unjustly hurtful but to garner a response of anger. It's almost satirical reading your comments on the downhill turn the dept is taking by hiring minorities when in point of fact it is people like you whom are the reason that any good dept goes downhill. The term "reverse discrimination" is truly one of the more ridiculous terms to have been contrived in this century. It implies that there are perhaps two separate types of racism - or that one is superior to another when in fact racism = racism. No need to add a pre-condition to the word. And before you mention your first amendment rights being trampled upon, know this: the first amendment does grant you freedom of speech but does not say there will not be consequences to said speech or reactions to said speech when it is hurtful or inflammatory. Yes, John, I have been to countries where there is no freedom of speech or any other freedom that so many take for granted. Countries where you are disappeared for making comments against officials or worry about your children disappearing on their way home from school if they are girls. You are full of hate and anger. You sound so bitter and rage. I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for those around you. You can not be a happy person if you carry around all that turmoil. But even with the empathy that you ha elicited from me you need to keep your anger and resentment off this board. You must see that it is your comments that have driven away other posters who were OTJ. Manhattan Medic has never claimed to know everything. He is simply a good man who has accomplished something we all aspire to and is trying to provide some insight and guidance to those who are asking.

Forum Member

Most FF at top pay are finishing with close to 130k this year. The top OT earners made 140 to 145k as reg firemen. A lot of guys will retire with this years average and last years from Sandy OT.
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 12-27-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Thread Information