Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Has anyone here attempted any type of elevation training with the mask or otherwise? I just picked one up for myself and was curious to hear anyone's experience with it and what type of training you did using it.
    I bought a mask about 6 weeks ago but returned it within 2 weeks. I was constantly getting headaches all day after my workouts, which had to be from a lack of oxygen to the brain. It could be just my experience but I felt like any health risks I was exposing myself to wasn't worth it. There's definitely safer/healthier ways to build up lung strength/cardio endurance.

Forum Member

Try running with a snorkel

Forum Member

I usually stay out of this priority hire nonsense convos,, but I must chime in here,let me tell what I no for certain from seeing it with my own eyes not rumors...1 they are not all black or even minorities, I was the only.person in my mentor group was wasnt a Ph, and there were 2 white guys and 2Spanish guys....2 they did not get 25's on the test...u needed atleast a 25 on the last test to qualify to take this test under the Ph status, from those lets say 3500 people or so, they are only allowed 300 or so spots to fill meaning to put them through the same hiring process that u and I are going through..all of the Ph guys I know got atleast a 95 on the test without any points, so lets stop blamong our problems on these guys, they did nothing wrong, and no one here would turn down the opportunity they got

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    I usually stay out of this priority hire nonsense convos,, but I must chime in here,let me tell what I no for certain from seeing it with my own eyes not rumors...1 they are not all black or even minorities, I was the only.person in my mentor group was wasnt a Ph, and there were 2 white guys and 2Spanish guys....2 they did not get 25's on the test...u needed atleast a 25 on the last test to qualify to take this test under the Ph status, from those lets say 3500 people or so, they are only allowed 300 or so spots to fill meaning to put them through the same hiring process that u and I are going through..all of the Ph guys I know got atleast a 95 on the test without any points, so lets stop blamong our problems on these guys, they did nothing wrong, and no one here would turn down the opportunity they got
    You should've stayed your ordinary course and not chimed in.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    After six months on the forum I had a moment of weakness, must be the stress from awaiting a run letter

Forum Member

After six months on the forum I had a moment of weakness, must be the stress from awaiting a run letter
    And your going to feel real sh***y when your list number is not reached because some ph recycle. Take a moment to think about that person who it's going to happen too.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

If anyone gets an email about the run letter today, please post asap.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    If anyone gets an email about the run letter today, please post asap.
    No problem, but I'm not going to lie, I'm not very optimistic.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I bought a mask about 6 weeks ago but returned it within 2 weeks. I was constantly getting headaches all day after my workouts, which had to be from a lack of oxygen to the brain. It could be just my experience but I felt like any health risks I was exposing myself to wasn't worth it. There's definitely safer/healthier ways to build up lung strength/cardio endurance.
    What safer/healthier ways are referring to pertaining to lung strength and endurance

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    And your going to feel real sh***y when your list number is not reached because some ph recycle. Take a moment to think about that person who it's going to happen too.
    I will not blame me not getting in onn them recycling, why not blame it on EMS recycling or Oc recycling...the FDNY seems to take the seal military aproach to there training, which is we will not kick you out you we have to quit...if u slip and break your ankle on a run and have to recyde am I supposed to think your a scumbag? Cuz there was a guy who recycled twice because of that very reason. if they dont reach me this class then I could only be mad at myself for not getting a better score...typos are from my autocorrect

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

Seriously KremeCheeze,,,, you should not be voicing those feelings when us 6019ers have been screwed over the last 7 years waiting for our FIRST opportunity,,, when people are getting their third and fourth chance......I can only hope and pray those ppl can sleep comfortably at night when they lay their heads on their pillows.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Seriously KremeCheeze,,,, you should not be voicing those feelings when us 6019ers have been screwed over the last 7 years waiting for our FIRST opportunity,,, when people are getting their third and fourth chance......I can only hope and pray those ppl can sleep comfortably at night when they lay their heads on their pillows.

and what makes you think that me my brother and my cousin weren't on the 6019 also? moral of the story is the beef is with the city and not with the individuals, and if we make it an us vs them thing how will that work out if we all get on and have to work together?
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

Annddddd off the tracks we go again. Come on guys, we all know how we feel about the situation. Leave it at that. In other news;

Waiting eagerly for an email. Have the girlfriend over cooking for me and I'm sippin' on some red wine. A letter tonight would be the icing on the cake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Annddddd off the tracks we go again. Come on guys, we all know how we feel about the situation. Leave it at that. In other news;

Waiting eagerly for an email. Have the girlfriend over cooking for me and I'm sippin' on some red wine. A letter tonight would be the icing on the cake.
    agreed, I swore to myself I wouldn't do it, I apologize for sidetracking the thread, I once again will ignore all posts about anything other than getting on the job

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post

On the bright side if you don't get a letter tonight you could guilt her into a BJ lol.
    bk60191983 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    What's going on with the hiring of PH's is in fact reverse discrimination. Look it up in the dictionary.

reverse discrimination
    noun

: the practice of making it more difficult for a certain type of person (such as a white man) to get a job, to go to a school, etc., because other people who were treated unfairly in the past are now being given an advantage

I am not going to say whether or not John is a racist. I don't know him... But I can tell he is frustrated with how things are currently being processed. A lot of us have been waiting for year's to get our shot at the academy only to be derailed by some political BS. Now, we have to standby and watch guys who did not do as well on exams be given a shot.
    Congrats dude. You got my blood boiling. Never did I say it was not a real word! I simply stated that it is redundant. Racism is racism. Or is that something only one ethnicity has claim to? "Were treated unfairly in the past" so I suppose that racism no longer exists. That's it all wiped out. Wake the &$@# up! Damn! If you are ****ed at the judge, yeah so am I. Guess what. I should have been in the 6019 class as well but I was deployed and had to defer. Things happen. Does whining about it help? And read some of his previous comments and perhaps you can discern whether or not he is a racist.
    kremecheze likes this.

Forum Member

anyone else checking there email like every 2 minutes?
    FuDsNmYc and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

anyone else checking there email like every 2 minutes?
    Me.................

Forum Member

I finally got my run letter email. It was sent at 3:44pm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    you can finally breathe easy brother...I know that must be such a relief for you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    On the bright side if you don't get a letter tonight you could guilt her into a BJ lol.
    Trust me bro, all part of the plan. Hahaha
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Awesome man, congrats!. It seems that they may have held onto your spot for a letter because no one else down the list has gotten anything. That was oddly considerate of them. Instead of sticking you with the next wave they must have waited until your paperwork cleared and than gave the OK. I wonder how that works...

I hope to see you in January chad.

Forum Member

so did any run emails go out today?

On a side note...did you guys find it hard when you had to do your first 24? Im sure it takes a little getting used to staying awake 24 hours?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    so did any run emails go out today?

On a side note...did you guys find it hard when you had to do your first 24? Im sure it takes a little getting used to staying awake 24 hours?
    doesn't seem like any letter went out today or else we would have heard something by now

Forum Member

I just wrote a couple hours ago that I got an email notification for the run.

Thread Information