Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 683 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 183583633673680681682683684685686693733783 ... LastLast
Results 13,641 to 13,660 of 22826
Like Tree8970Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Is there any problem with working under a 10-99 instead of a w2? A few months ago I started a new job as a mover. I like the job because if the physical labor and would love to work here until the academy, granted I make it in. My concern comes with being paid in cash. I heard the background requires you to bring recent pay stubs. Does anyone think this can be a potential bump in the road, because if so I need to look for a new job sooner than later.
    I get 10-99s from my work and with them I submit an invoice to get paid. I can't remember because I'm not at home right now, and can't check my folder, but I may have just showed them those invoices.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The FDNY recruiter e-mail came out today, it says CPAT training will resume on the 23rd. Candidates that are eligible will receive an invite by mail and e-mail starting 09/06 and the information sessions are the 16th,17th,19th, and 21st.

This has to mean the next group processing packets are should be going out soon, right ? I thought just about most of the guys that have received their processing packets have already done the CPAT ?
    holy **** i would assume so...ahh **** let me check my shorts i think i just came!!!
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Also, about the comment of the class smelling bad, when I was in Marine Corps boot camp, I remember people sayin how bad we smelled. It wasn't until I was later stationed on Parris Island that I got the full effect of the nasty recruit stink that is universal throughout the island. I'd imagine that the academy is no different, although when I was there for the CPAT prep I couldn't smell anything, it must be because it is summer time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    holy **** i would assume so...ahh **** let me check my shorts i think i just came!!!

Too bad I'm at work because this is how I'm feeling right now

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Really_2499da_370963.gif

Now watch them only send up to 1100
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    berating this current class..
    You're still misconstruing lighthearted ball busting for something else. I have no actual comment on the "quality" or "performance" of the current class. If I did I wouldn't be sharing it here anyways.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    It is nice to have guys from OTJ come on and give insightful information... We don't need someone coming on from a class that was called subpar and pathetic berating this current class. Does no good other than stir the pot... And I am certainly no PH!! I earned my score fair and square and am waiting patiently for my opportunity at the academy... I take nothing away from you, MM, or anyone that had made it thru the academy... I have several family members that are now retired or still in, and I hope to join them... So far, I've earned everything that I have had... This has been a painstakingly long process for a lot of us that took 6019 and missed cut and now have to wait for an ems class and a PH class...
    EVERY class is the worst class that anyone's ever seen; they literally say that about every class that's gone through. They'll say it about YOUR class, if you get that far. Until then, remember your place at the very bottom of the totem pole. You've got no business talking to anyone about the Rock; you haven't so much as pulled a boot on yet.

And just so you know; 6019 was, according to the old timers, the absolute end of the FDNY as they knew it. Don't think because you were on that list that you're exempt from the same mud that gets thrown at every class.

As far as your "painstakingly long process", I say this: WAH. It sucks, but its history. It's over with. Whining about it does no good. Get over it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Also, about the comment of the class smelling bad, when I was in Marine Corps boot camp, I remember people sayin how bad we smelled. It wasn't until I was later stationed on Parris Island that I got the full effect of the nasty recruit stink that is universal throughout the island. I'd imagine that the academy is no different, although when I was there for the CPAT prep I couldn't smell anything, it must be because it is summer time.
    Bingo! During CPAT prep do you get to see/go inside the bunker gear locker room?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Did the vest/step machine for the first time in a while today since my hip was bothering me for some time. For those of you who haven't started it yet, DO IT NOW. Even after only a few weeks off of it I felt as if I put myself back by a month or so. Kicked my arse.
    Do you guys wear it to the gym? lol I remember it being slightly akward to lug into the gym and take it on and off by myself to do sets. So I just left it on. Haven't used it in a while since my list number sucks.

On a side note, I received a 20$ bill and 100% grade on getting secret shopped at work. I guess I should have answered A on that asked how many times I was thanked at work, 1000 times a day.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-30-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Do you guys wear it to the gym? lol I remember it being slightly akward to lug into the gym and take it on and off by myself to do sets. So I just left it on. Haven't used it in a while since my list number sucks.

On a side note, I received a 20$ bill and 100% grade on getting secret shopped at work. I guess I should have answered A on that asked how many times I was thanked at work, 1000 times a day.
    Every time I go to the gym, who gives a **** what they think, they're not helping getting you get on the job.

Forum Member

Lol I was thinking about driving there in it. I don't care what anyone thinks, let them go do quarter reps with a weight they can't handle on an upper body lift, that has to be seated because their chicken legs can't support the weight they are trying to use.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

I rent a locker and keep it there.

Cause I'm a baller...

Forum Member

in reference to the hours. there are dozens of different variations you can do with your schedule and a mutual partner. There a few guys I know who arranged it (for the most part) that they do a 24 (thats 2 day tours 15 and a 9) and 72 hours off. That seems to be a popular way to arrange your tours with a mutual partner.
    And yes theres time to sleep, only a handful of companies break 4 and 5,000 runs. Im sure there are quiet nights, and im sure there are busy nights as well. If you in the companies that do 2000 runs, theres a decent amount of down time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I rent a locker and keep it there.

Cause I'm a baller...
    I walk in with it on like a boss lol, I let then all know I'm that close to this, and I want it that bad to wear that dam thing on a daily basis at 530am.

To everyone going through recent medical a, don't forget to fax in them TB results

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYhopeful28 View Post
    I walk in with it on like a boss lol, I let then all know I'm that close to this, and I want it that bad to wear that dam thing on a daily basis at 530am.

To everyone going through recent medical a, don't forget to fax in them TB results
    If I had a car, I would too. I'm not lugging that thing many blocks on my bike (bicycle) though. I don't claim to be that tough...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by inthrewtheoutdor View Post
    in reference to the hours. there are dozens of different variations you can do with your schedule and a mutual partner. There a few guys I know who arranged it (for the most part) that they do a 24 (thats 2 day tours 15 and a 9) and 72 hours off. That seems to be a popular way to arrange your tours with a mutual partner.
    And yes theres time to sleep, only a handful of companies break 4 and 5,000 runs. Im sure there are quiet nights, and im sure there are busy nights as well. If you in the companies that do 2000 runs, theres a decent amount of down time.
    Are you on this job? D you know anything about what it's like to work a 24? How abou this, shut your mouth and listen to people who know what theyre talking about. Stop giving out incorrect information. To everyone on this job, you sound like an idiot. I can't imagine what you sound like to those who are trying to get good advice.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Sorry about the smell guys, it's hard to get the gear dry from water and sweat in one night. As far as being the worst class, I can't say we are the worst class cause I don't know the other classes. Were there better classes, absolutely, but are we the worst, don't know.
    I know the FST training is difficult, and it might be hitting candidates pretty hard. Don't ask what FST is, you just have to make it to the Rock and find out what it consist of.
    I was trying to bring my gear home today to wash it, but when you have 3 minutes to change, it's difficult. LOL
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by inthrewtheoutdor View Post
    Do you have any idea what kind of sh**bag fireman you're going to be talking like that? Even if it's true, that's something that STAYS IN THE HOUSE. We got a big enough problem with the public thinking we do nothing without help from bigmouths like you. Shut the hell up. You have no right to be talking about what goes on in a firehouse because YOU DON'T BELONG TO ONE AND YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER.
    ffbam24 and FDsouthbxNY like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Every time I go to the gym, who gives a **** what they think, they're not helping getting you get on the job.
    HAHA everyone looks at me when i fail at doing a human flag...

Forum Member

Why have the guys OTJ been so rude lately ? You guys are our best source of information but lately you guys have been feeling as if your superior to everyone else and not answering the questions. We understand you've been through the rock and are currently on the job, but you guys have been in our position too. We understand the issues with pay, schedules, side jobs etc are not our main concerns, but this is a career nonetheless and some people want to make sure this job is right for them before they take up someone's spot in the academy. You guys have been helpful all along, but there has been a condescending attitude coming from you his as of late. If you don't want to answer the questions or anything, that is fine. But don't be disrespectful and tell people to shut their mouth or down talk them because of misinformation or curiosity. Everyone's question is valid and it is to make sure they are making the best career choice for them as their family. So please, let's all get back on track and help each other by exchanging information that is pertinent and helpful to everyone. Sorry if this comes off as angry or rude, I don't mean for it to. It's just that we all want to be part of the same brotherhood so it's better that we all start acting like brothers. Cheers.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

man some of you guys are going to make sure your squad becomes a bunch of experts on push up's and plank's, aren't ya? Please don't be in mine, lol.

Thread Information