Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 686 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 1865866366766836846856866876886896967367861186 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,720 of 23905
Like Tree9364Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #13701
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    So the newsletter said they are going to send out an invite starting September 6th. Does that mean the packets also or no?


  2. #13702
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    So the newsletter said they are going to send out an invite starting September 6th. Does that mean the packets also or no?
    That's what we're hoping. Aren't they through at least the mid 600's for CPAT's. I can't see them starting CPAT training for less than 100 spots.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  3. #13703
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Just another FYI on this for anyone interested, according to what I saw on the NYS comptroller website, there is no Tier 4 under the police and fire pension for FDNY... so that means what that guy from NYCERS told me makes no sense. Oh well...anyway, glad to see the board is up an running again.
    I was in tier 4 with my previous city agency, corrections has no tier 4, so I was transferred into their tier 3.

  4. #13704
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Hopefully out packets come with the cpat invitation.

  5. #13705
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    haha that's almost as bad as the pd wanting to discontinue allowing officers to describe suspected perps on a basis of gender, race, or dress. "we have a blob of matter expending energy through the vacuum of space on 34th street..."
    lmao...lmao
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  6. #13706
    Forum Member VanCroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey guys, I'll be going to China on Friday for two weeks for a family wedding and i don't have anyone to check my mail while I'm away. My list number is in the early 1800's, and i am not sure if i should be expecting a packet or that It's still early for my number.

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I will cancel the flight if i should be expecting something haha..

    Thanks.

  7. #13707
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be going to China on Friday for two weeks for a family wedding and i don't have anyone to check my mail while I'm away. My list number is in the early 1800's, and i am not sure if i should be expecting a packet or that It's still early for my number.

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated because I will cancel the flight if i should be expecting something haha..

    Thanks.
    You should be fine

  8. #13708
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    NO guys shouldnt be asking how much overtime they get, how they can do their work schedule. that stuff you find out when/if you get on.
    their number one priority focus should be on getting in the academy.
    if you guys are really really worried about pay, then maybe this job isnt for you. you will not be rich getting on this job.
    No you definitely will not get rich but like my friend on FD had told me.....its the worlds greatest part time job.

  9. #13709
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    i dont know why so many are so concerned with the pay. No one is getting rich but top pay is not a bad life by any means. :shrug: I'll be okay with it...

  10. #13710
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Can those talking about pay and hours on the forum stop. Have those conversations with other people. If your so concerned about money then you should have gone into finance. We all know the hours are good and the pay is enough. Case closed.

  11. #13711
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    No you definitely will not get rich but like my friend on FD had told me.....its the worlds greatest part time job.
    You guys still don't get it. People have no jobs...NOTHING....and want to see our benefits cut and you guys keep writing stupid **** like this on a public forum like an *** hole. You don't deserve this job.
    mocon337 likes this.

  12. #13712
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Bingo! During CPAT prep do you get to see/go inside the bunker gear locker room?
    No, but I'm sure if we did it would smell HORRIBLE, haha.

  13. #13713
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    No you definitely will not get rich but like my friend on FD had told me.....its the worlds greatest part time job.
    You're an unbelievable PIECE OF S%#T. Did you not read my last post? Did you not take any humility away from it? I don't know who your D-Bag friend is, but he's clearly a coward, B.J. who brings nothing to the table in his firehouse....I'm sure they love him.....

    There is nothing part time about this job motherfu%#er. Tell that to my wife who sends me off to work for 24hrs and then watches me walk through the door like a zombie fall asleep the next night at 8:30.

    You have the balls to call yourself "FDNY4Life". That's a f%#kin INSULT to those of us who live for this and DIED for this you stupid bas^$rd.

    That's it. I'm done here. You all better get used to policing yourselves because guys like this hairbag will ruin it for all of you.
    My1Goal and vekdoggs75 like this.

  14. #13714
    Forum Member VanCroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You should be fine
    Awesome. I wasn't sure how far the list number will go this round, and I am nervous that i will miss it while I'm abroad.

  15. #13715
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You're an unbelievable PIECE OF S%#T. Did you not read my last post? Did you not take any humility away from it? I don't know who your D-Bag friend is, but he's clearly a coward, B.J. who brings nothing to the table in his firehouse....I'm sure they love him.....

    There is nothing part time about this job motherfu%#er. Tell that to my wife who sends me off to work for 24hrs and then watches me walk through the door like a zombie fall asleep the next night at 8:30.

    You have the balls to call yourself "FDNY4Life". That's a f%#kin INSULT to those of us who live for this and DIED for this you stupid bas^$rd.

    That's it. I'm done here. You all better get used to policing yourselves because guys like this hairbag will ruin it for all of you.
    damn chill out.. your a fire fighter, good for you. Your not a prodigy to the FDNY. Not as many people are capable of being a fire fighter as in other jobs, but there are still plenty of people who can do the job. If someone makes a dumb remark it is what it is, maybe there's a lack of maturity there, nothing else. If you don't want to answer a question, just say so. You don't have to be co condescending all the time.

    And not to sound greedy, but people ask about the money because that makes a big deal for how they and their family will live. so chill the F out and understand FDNY or any other career will change people's lives, so when it comes time for a life changing decision, people are going to ask question after question. We're not here to be robots asking questions about the academy all the time and hoping and wishing we get in. We're here to ask questions about the job as a whole, and the life style that comes with it. And if you have too much of an ego to answer them, than just leave the forum, nobody will care.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

  16. #13716
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    653

    Default

    If you don't see a problem with the "Part Time" job comment, you need to sit down and evaluate your career search as a FF. I'm not even on yet, and I see a problem with it.
    The salary is on the site to see how much is being paid, anything over that is up to the individual, working certain tours and OT. So asking how much is irrelevant, it can change.

  17. #13717
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    damn chill out.. your a fire fighter, good for you. Your not a prodigy to the FDNY. Not as many people are capable of being a fire fighter as in other jobs, but there are still plenty of people who can do the job. If someone makes a dumb remark it is what it is, maybe there's a lack of maturity there, nothing else. If you don't want to answer a question, just say so. You don't have to be co condescending all the time.

    And not to sound greedy, but people ask about the money because that makes a big deal for how they and their family will live. so chill the F out and understand FDNY or any other career will change people's lives, so when it comes time for a life changing decision, people are going to ask question after question. We're not here to be robots asking questions about the academy all the time and hoping and wishing we get in. We're here to ask questions about the job as a whole, and the life style that comes with it. And if you have too much of an ego to answer them, than just leave the forum, nobody will care.
    Listen guy, don't tell me to chill out when some half whit nobody has stupid ***** to say. Some J-off comments about this being a part-time job gets under my skin more than just a little. I've been hospitalized doing this "part time" and I've seen friends hospitalized, some to be told they can never work again. Hearing those words keeps me up and night and you're going to condemn my response? You've gotta be kidding me.....

    How about the guys who've spent the last 6 years hoping for a crack at this job, living and dying by news of the Vulcan lawsuit?! None of these guys have the balls to talk about this being "part time" or comment about money. No one paid them to come to Merit Matters meetings or courthouse rally's. How many court house rallys did you go to?

    Excessive comments about money or about firehouse life from some nobodies on the OUTSIDE are a slap in the face to guys who've worked hard to get here and who've worked hard to a chance.


    Questions here were asked and answered, RESPECTFULLY. Arguments and comments from the likes of you and others became ridiculous.

    That'll be enough for me. Find your answers elsewhere. I have enough on my plate I don't need to raise my blood pressure on this forum.

    Good luck to the rest of you and keep your heads down and focused on the prize.

  18. #13718
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    damn chill out.. your a fire fighter, good for you. Your not a prodigy to the FDNY. Not as many people are capable of being a fire fighter as in other jobs, but there are still plenty of people who can do the job. If someone makes a dumb remark it is what it is, maybe there's a lack of maturity there, nothing else. If you don't want to answer a question, just say so. You don't have to be co condescending all the time.

    And not to sound greedy, but people ask about the money because that makes a big deal for how they and their family will live. so chill the F out and understand FDNY or any other career will change people's lives, so when it comes time for a life changing decision, people are going to ask question after question. We're not here to be robots asking questions about the academy all the time and hoping and wishing we get in. We're here to ask questions about the job as a whole, and the life style that comes with it. And if you have too much of an ego to answer them, than just leave the forum, nobody will care.
    Trust me man, he's one of the most helpful members on this forum. And condescending? I totally disagree, and I've been a member since the FDNY 6019 thread. And to all those talking about the pay and schedule, please stop. Go on the nyc.gov website to find out about the pay. Pension related questions are understandable since the last governor screwed a lot of us.

    Btw, FDNY4Life is starting to sound like a goddamn troll in this thread.
    ffbam24 and USMC2024 like this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  19. #13719
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bronx, N.Y
    Posts
    26

    Default

    do any guys on the job attend grad school? i'm interested in continuing my education

  20. #13720
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Hey everyone, congradulations on everybody who has come this far and passed the exam, I was wondering if someone could please fill me in on where the open competitive list stands, has anybody been contacted off of it? If so, what list # are they up to? If anyone can help with some feedback it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou for your time and good luck everyone
    general_cornwalis likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 17 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 16 guests)

  1. k20dc2

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts