Like Tree9516Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I heard you keep training, that's why I said I was fortunate to go in the summer. Those last few weeks in the cold were brutal, I can just imagine when it's cold, snowing or sleeting and your boots are wet from evolutions. Ask MM, he was in the winter class. Remember everyone handles the elements differently, some can handle it, some can't.

Forum Member

well academy starts late january so I would think February is a little bad but then March isnt too bad weather wise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    well academy starts late january so I would think February is a little bad but then March isnt too bad weather wise.
    I was told similar by a relative who went through in January. "If you can survive the first 2 weeks, you should be able to stick it through."

And I'm not entirely sure if this makes me crazy but is there anyone else who cant WAIT to shave their head? Maybe it's just me haha.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

I try to avoid it thinking it might be a jinx. As far as I'm concerned, the hair doesn't come off until I have the letter in hand.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I was told similar by a relative who went through in January. "If you can survive the first 2 weeks, you should be able to stick it through."

And I'm not entirely sure if this makes me crazy but is there anyone else who cant WAIT to shave their head? Maybe it's just me haha.
    I don't want to shave my head, but I'm obviously going to. I just picked up hair clippers last night.

Forum Member

Forum Member

You don't have to go that crazy, just get clippers, use the 1 size and have at it.

Forum Member

bald with no facial hair is gonna suck ....you guys with facial hair are lucky

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    bald with no facial hair is gonna suck ....you guys with facial hair are lucky
    You can't have facial hair so everyone is going to be bald with no facial hair lol

Forum Member

Yeah, having a beard is awesome, but being a hairy dude and having to shave every day will be a curse.

I heard that its mandatory to grow a mustache upon completion of the academy.

j/k

Forum Member

Am I the only one who thinks the whole proposing thing during the academy is a little lame?

Forum Member

commitment is much scarier to me than fire

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the whole proposing thing during the academy is a little lame?
    100%. When I saw the video from last year's class with the guy proposing while hanging from the roof it was kind of cool, but then when I learned that like 3 other guys also proposed the same day I just thought it was pretty lame. I mean, I feel people should do whatever makes them happy and I'm not one to judge, but it doesn't mean I have to think it is original or anything.

Forum Member

Default List number

Anyone know what list number they have currently reached? Im around 8k, I know im doomed, but maybe by some chance by theres hope. Any info would be great good luck to all that have gotten there!

Forum Member

Didn't know it was possible for the PHs to ruin EVERYBODY'S Christmas:

http://tinyurl.com/kq6mnxj

Forum Member

Has anyone called that dcas #, and have had their status change? Mine went from not outstanding certification to outstanding certication. Panic mode has set in.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Same thing happened when I called list 60x

Forum Member

My status also changed list #22x. Not sure what's going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Has anyone called that dcas #, and have had their status change? Mine went from not outstanding certification to outstanding certication. Panic mode has set in.
    Yep, just tried and same thing for me. Would love to know what my investigator screwed up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Anyone know what list number they have currently reached? Im around 8k, I know im doomed, but maybe by some chance by theres hope. Any info would be great good luck to all that have gotten there!
    In my head I have some hope still ... If these ppl stop recycling three times you should be good ..... If they can process 4-5 k a year for the next 4 years ahhhhh That would be the answer to all my prayers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Didn't know it was possible for the PHs to ruin EVERYBODY'S Christmas:

http://tinyurl.com/kq6mnxj
    PH or not, this happens every class, people posting pictures of themselves.

Forum Member

Yeah, but shutting down social media for holiday parties is a little too much. And you guys need to stop worrying about DCAS. They are not involved in our process anymore once FDNY takes over.
    kremecheze likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    In my head I have some hope still ... If these ppl stop recycling three times you should be good ..... If they can process 4-5 k a year for the next 4 years ahhhhh That would be the answer to all my prayers
    Who has recycled 3 or 4 times, there has only been two academies so far....and they only people I know who recycled both classes were FDNY emt's...the Ph EMS thing is most likely over after this academy. Then we will see how the list moves
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    Mine has also changed to "outstanding certification." I wouldn't worry about it if everyone else has that designation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    Mine has also changed to "outstanding certification." I wouldn't worry about it if everyone else has that designation.
    I believe the outstanding certification notice means your packet is no longer with dcas and you are under investigation from the hiring agnecy...in this case the fdny

Thread Information