Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 689 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 1895896396796866876886896906916926997397891189 ... LastLast
Results 13,761 to 13,780 of 23941
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #13761
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    According to the NOE to take the promo from EMS to fire you have to have one year on to be able to sit for the exam, 2 to actually make the switch.


  2. #13762
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    142

    Default

    So, I called my investigator using the main ext. She wasn't too happy. First she answered with the angry-spouse voice: the "what the hell you calling me on this number for, bitch you trying to get me fired" voice. Anyway, the reason she didn't answer her actual extension was because apparently (and I use this loosely considering the fact that that was her excuse) she was conducting interviews. This left me very curious because, even though it sounds like a lame excuse, I'm wondering if she really was conducting interviews. Did they proceed to the next step already or are these the packets that they sent out?
    Last edited by bay_ridge_FF; 09-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.

  3. #13763
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    So, I called my investigator using the main ext. She wasn't too happy. First she answered with the angry-spouse voice: the "what the hell you calling me on this number for, bitch you trying to get me fired" voice. Anyway, the reason she didn't answer her actual extension was because apparently (and I use this loosely considering the fact that that was her excuse) she was conducting interviews. This left me very curious because, even though it sounds like a lame excuse, I'm wondering if she really was conducting interviews. Did they proceed to the next step already or are these the packets that they sent out?
    Took me about 6 tries via email/phone call to get in touch with my investigator. Once I did get in contact with her I politely asked my arsenal of questions and every response was: "Yeah I'll call you back. I'll get around to it." This may be the hardest part of the hiring process.


    EDIT: Anyone have any advice for getting the information you need from your investigator? I don't want to be calling her day in and day out and annoying him/her and have him/her "accidentally" loose some of my paperwork, if you catch my drift.

  4. #13764
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    So, I called my investigator using the main ext. She wasn't too happy. First she answered with the angry-spouse voice: the "what the hell you calling me on this number for, bitch you trying to get me fired" voice. Anyway, the reason she didn't answer her actual extension was because apparently (and I use this loosely considering the fact that that was her excuse) she was conducting interviews. This left me very curious because, even though it sounds like a lame excuse, I'm wondering if she really was conducting interviews. Did they proceed to the next step already or are these the packets that they sent out?
    Investigators are giving interviews now???

  5. #13765
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Got my HS transcript! Meaning all my residency stuff, and then some, is tucked away in a safe place. Now it's the waiting game...
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  6. #13766
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Investigators are giving interviews now???
    the intake "interviews" yeah. Doubt much has changed since last time you went. It's more a collecting/reviewing your paperwork than any sort of interview

  7. #13767
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Got my HS transcript! Meaning all my residency stuff, and then some, is tucked away in a safe place. Now it's the waiting game...
    I got my residency stuff the week the NOE came out, I still check it about every month just to make sure I still have it all lol. When I got evacuated for Sandy the first thing I made sure to grab was my residency paperwork lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  8. #13768
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    the intake "interviews" yeah. Doubt much has changed since last time you went. It's more a collecting/reviewing your paperwork than any sort of interview
    Honestly don't remember ever talking to my investigator outside of handing my crap into her at the table in the auditorium, where she didn't have phone access.

  9. #13769
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I got my residency stuff the week the NOE came out, I still check it about every month just to make sure I still have it all lol. When I got evacuated for Sandy the first thing I made sure to grab was my residency paperwork lol.
    Yea man I check the big fat folder everyone once in while too, just in case something important decides to grow legs and walk away haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

  10. #13770
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Honestly don't remember ever talking to my investigator outside of handing my crap into her at the table in the auditorium, where she didn't have phone access.
    we first went to the auditorium. Then we were called up stairs in groups of 5 where we sat with our investigator and he/she reviewed the documents you were handing in, and told you what you were missing, if anything. If you're all squared away you prob won't sit with your investigator for more than a half hour.

  11. #13771
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    we first went to the auditorium. Then we were called up stairs in groups of 5 where we sat with our investigator and he/she reviewed the documents you were handing in, and told you what you were missing, if anything. If you're all squared away you prob won't sit with your investigator for more than a half hour.
    Almost positive I did all that downstairs in the auditorium when I went, but I know what you're referring to now. Thanks for clarifying.

  12. #13772
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    According to the NOE to take the promo from EMS to fire you have to have one year on to be able to sit for the exam, 2 to actually make the switch.
    Where are you reading this? The applicable section of the NOE is as follows:
    ELIGIBILITY TO TAKE EXAMINATION: This examination is open to each employee of the Fire Department of New York who on the first date of the computer-based test:
    (1) holds a permanent (not provisional) appointment in or appears on a Preferred List (see Note, below) for the title of Emergency Medical Specialist - EMT or Emergency Medical Specialist - Paramedic; or
    (2) holds a permanent (not provisional) appointment in or appears on a Preferred List (see Note, below) for the title of Supervising Emergency Medical Specialist and is on an eligible list for Firefighter Exam No. 6019 or 6506 or on a Special Military List for Firefighter, Exam No. 2043 in existence on or after July 22, 2009; and
    (3) is not otherwise ineligible
    (Note: A "Preferred List" is a civil service list which is only for certain former permanent incumbents of the eligible title who have rehiring rights.)

    If you do not know if you are eligible, check with your agency’s personnel office. You may be given the test before we verify your eligibility. You are responsible for determining whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements for this examination prior to submitting the application. If you are marked “Not Eligible,” your application fee will not be refunded and you will not receive a score.
    In plain english it says that on the first day that the computerized testing was held you had to be a civil service appointed EMT or paramedic. You could even be an EMS-Lieutenant and still be eligible if you had taken one of the previous exams. Nothing is said about a 1 year minimum.

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Investigators are giving interviews now???
    Far as I know they process candidates for Fire, EMS, and all civilian positions so... I would not assume they were interviewing people off 2000.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  13. #13773
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    I can't find a few of my W'2s, I guess I can re order those somehow? correct?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  14. #13774
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I can't find a few of my W'2s, I guess I can re order those somehow? correct?
    You could always call the payroll dept from your company for prior years. I think they gotta keep on record for like 10 years..

  15. #13775
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    do you need ALL the W2s from all jobs for the past 5 years. cause i have from just one summer job is that fine? cause i worked a few jobs here and there during the years i went to school

  16. #13776
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    do you need ALL the W2s from all jobs for the past 5 years. cause i have from just one summer job is that fine? cause i worked a few jobs here and there during the years i went to school
    You can go to the Social Security Administration and request an earnings statement. It will provide info for all jobs in which earnings were recorded.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  17. #13777
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    You can go to the Social Security Administration and request an earnings statement. It will provide info for all jobs in which earnings were recorded.
    I understand, but lets say I worked two jobs 4 years ago that I had gotten W2s for, but now only have one of those W2s

  18. #13778
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I understand, but lets say I worked two jobs 4 years ago that I had gotten W2s for, but now only have one of those W2s
    I'm a ways away from the investigative process so I only offer speculation. But if you list all former employers based off the SS report, and everything is verifiable, are W-2's necessary?

  19. #13779
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Anybody go to the prospect park ymca? Whats up with those new stepmills, steps per minute are way off.

  20. #13780
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    29

    Default

    PYSC on 21 September!


    List Number 63*

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 36 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 27 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. dem7191,
  3. EKFCASPER,
  4. grizzle,
  5. k20dc2,
  6. Matador611,
  7. nptks,
  8. Smoove,
  9. thirdtimesacharm

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts