Like Tree10642Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Just to double check, do we need that medical form filled out for the CPAT orientation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Just to double check, do we need that medical form filled out for the CPAT orientation?
    yes.. the 1st day we did a walk through of the CPAT and we tried out each event without wearing a vest.. those who didn't have the form filled out weren't permitted to participate.. the 2nd week we wore the vest and did the time trials of the cpat.

And the hours were Monday-Friday 6-10pm but the 2 times I went we got out earlier than 10. Saturday was 1pm-5pm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    yes.. the 1st day we did a walk through of the CPAT and we tried out each event without wearing a vest.. those who didn't have the form filled out weren't permitted to participate.. the 2nd week we wore the vest and did the time trials of the cpat.

And the hours were Monday-Friday 6-10pm but the 2 times I went we got out earlier than 10. Saturday was 1pm-5pm.
    So on the first day of CPAT information session we should wear sweat pants and sneakers?

Forum Member

No doubt bro

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    So on the first day of CPAT information session we should wear sweat pants and sneakers?
    yea.. get that medical form filled out and make a photo copy of it just in case

Forum Member

By first day do you mean the initial orientation meeting or the first day you'll be using the course ? If it's the initial meeting, the orientation session, wear business casual. Every meeting after that, wear your gym clothes because you'll be working out on the CPAT course.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Check out this pretty awesome link.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...oduction.shtml
    Best link I've seen on here yet. Thanks for that.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Forum Member

has anyone been calling that DCAS # every week? I thought it was updated every Monday but I just tried and it is still as of Sunday the 29th.

Forum Member

I hope these three women are the BEST candidates for the job!
    DC33017 and kremecheze like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Check out this pretty awesome link.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...oduction.shtml
    i hated that damn fire escape....lol
    chadxmerch likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    By first day do you mean the initial orientation meeting or the first day you'll be using the course ? If it's the initial meeting, the orientation session, wear business casual. Every meeting after that, wear your gym clothes because you'll be working out on the CPAT course.
    I thought the 1st day we did the walk through where we tried each event without a vest and it wasn't timed?

and the very next week we started the time trials with the vest and took the cpat test for practice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    I hope these three women are the BEST candidates for the job!
    Bill Deblasio is doing everything backwards.. he's not for the best candidate to fill city positions, he's all about showing people he's compassionate for the groups people wouldn't consider hiring.

it's backwards. Do I have a problem with a female being hired to run the FDNY if she is fit for the job? absolutely not. But why it has to be in the news that a gay female is going to possibly be appointed is what gets me furious. How about the news just reports that deblasio is considering mrs. Brenda Berkman as a candidate to fill this position and that's it. Why we have to know that she is gay and a female so people can say "aww deblasio is so compassionate for hiring her" is ridiculous.

Also, why it had to make the front page of the daily news on Christmas day that deblasio's step daughter is a recovering drug addict as if she's heroic for that is another backwards thing. Why don't we put someone on the front page of the paper and praise them for never doing a drug in the 1st place!

and ok bring on the liberals on here who are going to get offended and stick up for this nonsense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    has anyone been calling that DCAS # every week? I thought it was updated every Monday but I just tried and it is still as of Sunday the 29th.
    I just called the DCAs number yesterday.. Every week it has been saying im not currently on an outstanding certification. Now it's changed to say I AM on an outstanding certification (im in the mid 900's).. however it still says 388 is the last number to be placed on outstanding certification. So that part doesn't seem to have been updated.

Forum Member

Not to mentions Brenda is so weak she couldn't start a partner saw. And all the other crap she's gotten away with in the past.

For once john I agree with you. I read that article and thought the same thing. Why do they have to mention specifically what each candidate is be it gay, female, black, whatever. They don't say "chief kilduff; white male."

Such nonsense
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Yes I have I was referring to the very first initial CPAT meeting where you register for the upcoming prep courses and you learn about the NYSC discounted membership. So business casual it yes. I was planning on wearing suit and tie though.

Forum Member

Bill Deblasio is doing everything backwards.. he's not for the best candidate to fill city positions, he's all about showing people he's compassionate for the groups people wouldn't consider hiring.

it's backwards. Do I have a problem with a female being hired to run the FDNY if she is fit for the job? absolutely not. But why it has to be in the news that a gay female is going to possibly be appointed is what gets me furious. How about the news just reports that deblasio is considering mrs. Brenda Berkman as a candidate to fill this position and that's it. Why we have to know that she is gay and a female so people can say "aww deblasio is so compassionate for hiring her" is ridiculous.

Also, why it had to make the front page of the daily news on Christmas day that deblasio's step daughter is a recovering drug addict as if she's heroic for that is another backwards thing. Why don't we put someone on the front page of the paper and praise them for never doing a drug in the 1st place!

and ok bring on the liberals on here who are going to get offended and stick up for this nonsense.
    I agree with ya

Forum Member

Any rumors lately about when more run letters will go out?
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I agree with ya
    Oh wow 2 people agreeing with me on here for a change? Im shocked lol
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

I actually agree with you for once. Good on you.

But, and there's ALWAYS a but, not every person that is a "liberal" or a democrat condones or agrees with preferential hiring and/or treatment.

But on the same token, like I always told my Marines; nobody cares about you or your accomplishments, they will always identify you by your most obvious charasteristic: being a Marine. This kind of holds true for Brenda. She's a retired FDNY Captain, but because she is an openly gay female, that is what makes the headline. It sells a lot more papers than saying "a retired FDNY Captain is being considered for the Chief's position." That would hardly make the paper in general.
    Medic2312 and USMC2DOC2FDNY like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Yes I have I was referring to the very first initial CPAT meeting where you register for the upcoming prep courses and you learn about the NYSC discounted membership. So business casual it yes. I was planning on wearing suit and tie though.
    The FDNY isn't strict with business casual for everything like NYPD is. Only thing you really have to show up business casual for is when you meet investigator.

Yes I did show up for the written psych business casual even though they didn't stress it for that.. But the cpat I would go in athletic attire. Most of the guys did and like I said im pretty sure the very 1st day we did a walk through which you don't want to do if your wearing a shirt and tie.

No1 is going to knock you for not showing up in a shirt and tie to a physical prep course.

But hey to each is own lol

Forum Member

The FDNY isn't strict with business casual for everything like NYPD is. Only thing you really have to show up business casual for is when you meet investigator.

Yes I did show up for the written psych business casual even though they didn't stress it for that.. But the cpat I would go in athletic attire. Most of the guys did and like I said im pretty sure the very 1st day we did a walk through which you don't want to do if your wearing a shirt and tie.

No1 is going to knock you for not showing up in a shirt and tie to a physical prep course.

But hey to each is own lol
    Thanks for the help. I'll just go business casual and bring a change of clothes to play it safe.

Forum Member

TRUTH!........ this PC Bull is getting really old

Forum Member

I sure would love to go into the new year with a letter. Anyone else? Ha
    coldblood92, kremecheze and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

i wonder whats taking them so long to send out the rest of the letters.

Thread Information