Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 195966676869707172791191695691069 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 24184
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Has anybody who has taken the exam tried to schedule a review appointment through the PSI Website? After the exam i was given a sheet with Instructions on how to schedule a test review. I was told this could be done 24 hours after I had completed the exam.

The website is fdny.psiexams.com I created an account but when I got to the Find Record screen and entered my SS#, I got a message saying "We can not find your record with the information provided, please check the information you provided and try again. If you still can not find your record please call PSI Customer Service."

Obviously this is not a good thing, I called Customer Service but they were pretty clueless and kept refering me back to DCAS, who is responsible for scheduling the Review. At this point I dont really care about scheduling a Review, I just want to make sure PSI has my Record that i took the Exam. Has this happened to anybody else?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    I think I did well.

You cannot bring ANYTHING into the testing area. They'll tell you to throw it out. You can't go to the bathroom during the exam either, so eat something right before you go in.
    Where in the world did you get told that?! There were no restrictions on what I brought in, just that it all had to be under the desk for the duration of the test. I had cell phone, wallet, everything. Also, people were allowed to use the bathroom during my exam, they just gave you 5 minutes, no more. Documented your name, SSN, before you went in.

Maybe different testing procedures for different locations?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    Where in the world did you get told that?! There were no restrictions on what I brought in, just that it all had to be under the desk for the duration of the test. I had cell phone, wallet, everything. Also, people were allowed to use the bathroom during my exam, they just gave you 5 minutes, no more. Documented your name, SSN, before you went in.

Maybe different testing procedures for different locations?
    Whoops, lol, sorry I misspoke.

What I meant was you cannot bring any food or beverage with you into the testing area. Someone that was ahead of me in line was checking in, and was told to throw out his bottle of water. You CAN bring your wallet, cell phone, keys, or whatever else you have but you have to put everything in the bag and under your desk until the test was over.

And as far as the bathroom breaks went, they told us we couldn't go during the test, so yeah different locations different procedures.
    Last edited by Angelo_D; 03-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Has anybody who has taken the exam tried to schedule a review appointment through the PSI Website? After the exam i was given a sheet with Instructions on how to schedule a test review. I was told this could be done 24 hours after I had completed the exam.

The website is fdny.psiexams.com I created an account but when I got to the Find Record screen and entered my SS#, I got a message saying "We can not find your record with the information provided, please check the information you provided and try again. If you still can not find your record please call PSI Customer Service."

Obviously this is not a good thing, I called Customer Service but they were pretty clueless and kept refering me back to DCAS, who is responsible for scheduling the Review. At this point I dont really care about scheduling a Review, I just want to make sure PSI has my Record that i took the Exam. Has this happened to anybody else?
    I booked my review for tomorrow at 4. What actually happens at it? Do I need to bring anything?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    I booked my review for tomorrow at 4. What actually happens at it? Do I need to bring anything?
    The actual review appointments begin on May 11, 2012 according to the Instructions I got from PSI.

Think about it, you're not going to be able to Review your exam and see what you got wrong when testing is still in progress.

Forum Member

The actual review appointments begin on May 11, 2012 according to the Instructions I got from PSI.

Think about it, you're not going to be able to Review your exam and see what you got wrong when testing is still in progress.
    I would think that means we will have our scores by May 11th. How can we protest/review Q's we got wrong if we don't know what we got wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I would think that means we will have our scores by May 11th. How can we protest/review Q's we got wrong if we don't know what we got wrong?
    That's what I was thinking too. But PSI said the scores come from DCAS, so I guess there's a chance we can review what we got right/wrong but have no idea how the actual questions are graded/weighted.

Forum Member

From Facebook:

For those of you asking when you will receive your FDNY firefighter test results: "The test results will not be available until after the Court, which is supervising the development of this exam, approves the test. We do not anticipate that will occur until later this year."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    From Facebook:

For those of you asking when you will receive your FDNY firefighter test results: "The test results will not be available until after the Court, which is supervising the development of this exam, approves the test. We do not anticipate that will occur until later this year."

Whattttttttttttttttt BS!

That should read "approves the RESULTS of the test" not "approves the test". The test has already been approved. Can't believe they don't see how waiting for the results and then deciding on the test is not backwards. Frustrating.

Forum Member

Saw the Facebook post and feel like I just got punched in the face. I sure hope that quotation is somehow wrong. ...results will not be available until AFTER THE COURT...APPROVES THIS EXAM!?! Wasnt the hold up waiting for the court to approve an exam?

Or is that a way of saying the court wants to see everyones scores and what the rankings looks like before "approving" this test???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitashot View Post
    Saw the Facebook post and feel like I just got punched in the face. I sure hope that quotation is somehow wrong. ...results will not be available until AFTER THE COURT...APPROVES THIS EXAM!?! Wasnt the hold up waiting for the court to approve an exam?

Or is that a way of saying the court wants to see everyones scores and what the rankings looks like before "approving" this test???
    Every step of 2000's process has been monitored by a court ordered third party. The fact that an exam approved by this third party is still going to be scrutinized after the results are in is the final confirmation. All that matters is the results on the exam. If they aren't what the judge wants, it is irrelevant how valid the exam is.

Forum Member

I dunno how this is surprising anyone. I dunno, call me jaded maybe...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I dunno how this is surprising anyone. I dunno, call me jaded maybe...
    Not surprised at all....it was in the NOE, right at the top

This examination process is being conducted under the supervision of the United States District Court for the
    Eastern District of New York and is subject to that Court’s approval as a result of litigation captioned United
    States and The Vulcan Society, et al. v. City of New York, 07 CV 2067.

Every aspect of this exam is going to be have to be approved by this Judge.

Forum Member

the JoinFDNY Twitter page has an avatar with "Now Hiring!" at the bottom. It should read "Now Hiring?"

Forum Member

Not surprised at all....it was in the NOE, right at the top

This examination process is being conducted under the supervision of the United States District Court for the
    Eastern District of New York and is subject to that Court’s approval as a result of litigation captioned United
    States and The Vulcan Society, et al. v. City of New York, 07 CV 2067.

Every aspect of this exam is going to be have to be approved by this Judge.

Yeah indeed. Good call. Everybody seems to be selectively forgetting that juicy little nugget.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 03-19-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Forum Member

The whole NOE should have had a huge asterisk next to it, Exam #2000*

Try not to get too worked up about this facebook post, "later this year" could mean May/June. Honestly, nobody seems to know anything.......I think they were getting so many questions about the timing of the results on facebook and twitter that they just posted this to quiet down the people who were asking. If you look over the past few weeks, that question was asked and the person running the account kept saying they didn't know when the results woudl be given, so take it with a grain of salt.

Forum Member

I've been lurking around this forum after passing 6019. Fellas, after taking the test this past Saturday, I had to register. Bear in mind that I'm not disclosing any material information from the test, but merely expressing my opinion about it provided that I have something to compare it with. Let me just say that they dumbed down the exam so much that I want to puke.

Back in 2006, I was young and finishing college. What could be better than have an opportunity to start your career and adult life by becoming a proud firefighter. So, to ace the exam, I attended John Jay for prep classes where I was loaded with bible-sized booklets, guides, and sample tests. Grab, read, solve, memorize them, do whatever it takes to be mentally and intellectually ready to get the best job in the world. 6019 is now dead - I moved on. To satisfy my healthy curiosity, I took this one; I had not even had a glimpse of a crappy videos and practice book that I later found on the website.

I understand that the job's values are mostly based on good personal qualities like courage, bravery, valor, selflessness and being an outstanding cook, but hey, when you're risking your life for others every day, you must make calculated and right decisions every time, all the time. As a firefighter, you expect nothing less from your colleagues (or brothers) because your fate lies in their hands as well. Would I entrust my life to some illiterate off street punk? - The answer is obvious. You cannot train a person devoid of any deep or analytical thinking ability to do a job unless it is repetitive. What the judge and vulcan society are trying to accomplish is turn the FDNY into a DMV.

Off record: Do you remember the Family Guy episode where Peter says "The DMV was invented by the black man to get his revenge on the white man for slavery and all stuff" - that was hillarious!

The current state of affairs is not a laughing matter, unfortunately. It really upsets me to see what the fine candidates are going through. I hope the chemistry within battalions, divisions, and the organization as awhole won't be effed-up as result of this circus.
    Last edited by AndersSvensson; 03-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Default Merit Matters

To get informed about Exam 2000, join Merit Matters:

http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/meri...okmark_t=group

If you feel you have discriminated against:
    http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/...riminated.html

I have been a FDNY Fireman for 7 years, and like many, I am very concerned with the direction the hiring procedure is going.

To all candidates: Stay informed, stay connected, and above all, act as if you are going to be representing the greatest job in the world. Stay out of trouble, keep your word pertaining to confidentiality of this test, and while you wait, learn a trade, learn to cook, get in shape, make yourself into a person that we will want to welcome into the firehouse.

Believe it or not, the firehouse doesn't see color, it only sees character.
    FDNY Class 1 of 05.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

Forum Member

has anyone tested in brooklyn at 210 Joralemon Street? I was wondering what the parking situation is like around there. My test is at 8AM so I hope that would make it easier to find a spot, if not, hoping there is a parking garage around there.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    has anyone tested in brooklyn at 210 Joralemon Street? I was wondering what the parking situation is like around there. My test is at 8AM so I hope that would make it easier to find a spot, if not, hoping there is a parking garage around there.
    I haven't tested there, but I have worked construction in that area often. Plan on a garage, parking over there is pretty bad. If you can get there real early and find a spot great but alot of streets close to there have daily street cleaning 7-730 or 730-8am so it will probably be very difficult. Don't know where your coming from but if your coming from another part of the city or Long Island you would be better off taking the subway or the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal and walking.

PS: I don't remember exact locations but there are garages on Smith/Jay Sts and Court as well I believe.

Thread Information