Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I know whats holding up mine. Apparently there's a misspelling of my name on a couple of documents. Only by one. freaking. letter. -_-

Forum Member

run letter came, 1/9 at 7AM. Just got it a minute ago.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    run letter came, 1/9 at 7AM. Just got it a minute ago.
    Congrats, man! What number range?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Congrats, man! What number range?
    I am under 340.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I am under 340.
    Hmmm, well at least thats something. Anyone else dated for the 9th??

Forum Member

De Blasio's daughter's BS about drugs and alcohol came out on Christmas Eve because that is the best possible time they could have picked to dump a negative story. Barely anyone is paying attention to the news, and the news is more focused on the holiday anyways. Politically it's a perfect time to take out the trash. Far as I'm aware she's only admitted to pot and alcohol use and let's be honest, does anyone care about a teenager admitting they did those 2 things? What teenager hasn't tried one or both of those? Boring.

If you have to drive tonight before/after you go out then don't be an idiot. A DWI could very easily kill your career before it starts. If you're someone with a run letter also don't be an idiot while at the bar. A broken arm would really ruin the party right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    De Blasio's daughter's BS about drugs and alcohol came out on Christmas Eve because that is the best possible time they could have picked to dump a negative story. Barely anyone is paying attention to the news, and the news is more focused on the holiday anyways. Politically it's a perfect time to take out the trash. Far as I'm aware she's only admitted to pot and alcohol use and let's be honest, does anyone care about a teenager admitting they did those 2 things? What teenager hasn't tried one or both of those? Boring.

If you have to drive tonight before/after you go out then don't be an idiot. A DWI could very easily kill your career before it starts. If you're someone with a run letter also don't be an idiot while at the bar. A broken arm would really ruin the party right now.
    Inside with Apple cider tonight lol

Forum Member

I know whats holding up mine. Apparently there's a misspelling of my name on a couple of documents. Only by one. freaking. letter. -_-
    how did you find out this info ? they called you?

Forum Member

Just got my run letter!!! Jan 9th! Literally teared up haha What a way to bring in the New Year!! Happy New Year everyone!! Hope to see some of y'all soon.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I actually agree with you for once. Good on you.

But, and there's ALWAYS a but, not every person that is a "liberal" or a democrat condones or agrees with preferential hiring and/or treatment.

But on the same token, like I always told my Marines; nobody cares about you or your accomplishments, they will always identify you by your most obvious charasteristic: being a Marine. This kind of holds true for Brenda. She's a retired FDNY Captain, but because she is an openly gay female, that is what makes the headline. It sells a lot more papers than saying "a retired FDNY Captain is being considered for the Chief's position." That would hardly make the paper in general.
    Being a marine in my opinion is commendable because it takes a lot of discipline and a HUGE commitment so that's something that one can be characterized as and identified by. What demographics people fall into in terms of sexual orientation and race and gender isn't something someone should be identified by in the same capacity.

I never heard of Brenda berkman so I can't really say I think she'll be good or not. If "Brenda berkman being considered next FDNY commissioner" doesn't make a good story, then it shouldn't be in the paper at all. if she's a good candidate for the job then that should be a good achievement for her and good news for the FDNY, not a newspaper story.

Me reading about her being gay and the paper stressing she's a female, makes me feel like deblasio is considering her to get himself a 2 for 1 special - he'll get praised by women's rights activists and gay rights activists.

Forum Member

whats your number range? congrats!!
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    how did you find out this info ? they called you?
    Got an email from my investigator. Sucks cause I think thats the only thing holding me up.

Forum Member

Got an email from my investigator. Sucks cause I think thats the only thing holding me up.
    Just PM'ed you. What range are you in?

Forum Member

Maybe the 9th was the date set for people still waiting to get things cleared up. Because hopefulFF is under 340 and just got his, but we know people past that number (grok i believe) who got one for the 7th. Same thing for Dawk34 who's in the 200's.

So hopefully the 15th is when they'll get a little farther down the list. It's beginning to look more and more grim for us 103's

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that bro. I waiting for news as well no letter yet and no email let me know what's holding me up. When did your investigator send you the email

Forum Member

Mtk123, I just PMed you back.

Forum Member

Great advice. I heard a group of EMS guys from last class went out celebrating their acceptance into the academy and one EMS guy caught a DWI. He was terminated for that. Really sad story.

Be careful tonight boys you are so close.

Forum Member

Why that even has to be a story in the news in the 1st place is crazy.. and no it wasn't the perfect time to dump a negative story, this was themed to be a positive story like we are supposed to think she's some great person for getting over her addiction and deblasio is such a charismatic figure for supporting this bullshyt.

How about put a guy like me in the paper who never did a drug in his life!

Forum Member

congratz guys on your run letters

Forum Member

Anybody above 570 find out if their packet has been signed off yet by the final review board???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    Anybody above 570 find out if their packet has been signed off yet by the final review board???
    How do you find out? and if you get signed off your in the clear?
    Im low 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    I'm under 450 and I don't even know if I've been "signed off". I sent an email a few days asking for an update, of course no response. I know that I'm in final review though, from what I was told.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I'm under 450 and I don't even know if I've been "signed off". I sent an email a few days asking for an update, of course no response. I know that I'm in final review though, from what I was told.
    Is the DCAS # saying your on certified list? I just called yesterday and all of a sudden my status changed to I'm on an outstanding certification which is good.

Forum Member

Hi all, its my first time posting, even though i follow this forum for a long time. My list # is bellow 480 and no emails here so far. Is anybody here from bay ridge or bensonhurst area?

Forum Member

Happy and healthy New Years to everyone
    FuDsNmYc likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Thread Information