Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

They reimburse you for the RFK bridge if you cross it to get yo the academy.

Forum Member

Hopefully more emails today for the 9th.

Forum Member

does anyone know the exact number of people the department needs to hit there numbers? because if this list moves slow then they may not hit those numbers this exam..sanitation ended up extending there list, hopefully they do the same for this list since there are so many people who got above a 97. plus some guys waited so many years to take this test that they will age out if they dont get on this go round

Forum Member

Did anyone pick up a black duffle bag yet? I was planning on using an Under Armour one I have but I did not realize the bag can't have any logos on it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    does anyone know the exact number of people the department needs to hit there numbers? because if this list moves slow then they may not hit those numbers this exam..sanitation ended up extending there list, hopefully they do the same for this list since there are so many people who got above a 97. plus some guys waited so many years to take this test that they will age out if they dont get on this go round
    I read somewhere, and was also told by a recruiter that the FDNY is planning on hiring approximately 2400 off of this exam. Whatever your OC number is, add 1500 in front of it to factor in the EMS and PH's who went 1st.

I don't know if FDNY will extend this list, right now DCAS says it expires 2017, I believe june 2017, so that still gives us another 3 and a half years on this list.

Sanitation has extended there list, but they had a hiring freeze for a while so that played a factor. And Sanitation I don't think there's an age limit.. since FDNY has an age limit, that may also play a factor in extending the list because people on this list might age out before the test expires if they extend it anyway.

The list is moving alittle slow for us OC guys, but if you think about it its actually going fast.

They sent run letters out to the late 300's for this up coming January class, which is the 3rd class to go in from this exam.. They finished going through approx. 900 EMS, and 600 PH's, and are now up to late 300's on OC list. So right now that's approx. 1800 people gone through over this exam to hire the 3rd round of 300 candidates.

Forum Member

you know...i never looked at it that way, i was just looking at it in a selfish manner i guess, just thinking how slow the oc list was moving. thanks for the insight man

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Did anyone pick up a black duffle bag yet? I was planning on using an Under Armour one I have but I did not realize the bag can't have any logos on it.
    I just got an under armor bag for Xmas from my girlfriend and it says the name in grey on black. My mentor said it would be fine because you'll be putting tape on it anyway. He said the whole thing behind the black bag is do people don't come in with all sorts of color bags with big logos on them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I just got an under armor bag for Xmas from my girlfriend and it says the name in grey on black. My mentor said it would be fine because you'll be putting tape on it anyway. He said the whole thing behind the black bag is do people don't come in with all sorts of color bags with big logos on them.
    I got a black bag as well for christmas. The company is CIAO. They have a very small emblem that I colored black with a black permanent marker. I got mine at Modells.

Anyone got any good news? I need a pick me up ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I read somewhere, and was also told by a recruiter that the FDNY is planning on hiring approximately 2400 off of this exam. Whatever your OC number is, add 1500 in front of it to factor in the EMS and PH's who went 1st.

I don't know if FDNY will extend this list, right now DCAS says it expires 2017, I believe june 2017, so that still gives us another 3 and a half years on this list.

Sanitation has extended there list, but they had a hiring freeze for a while so that played a factor. And Sanitation I don't think there's an age limit.. since FDNY has an age limit, that may also play a factor in extending the list because people on this list might age out before the test expires if they extend it anyway.

The list is moving alittle slow for us OC guys, but if you think about it its actually going fast.

They sent run letters out to the late 300's for this up coming January class, which is the 3rd class to go in from this exam.. They finished going through approx. 900 EMS, and 600 PH's, and are now up to late 300's on OC list. So right now that's approx. 1800 people gone through over this exam to hire the 3rd round of 300 candidates.
    smh...im not even going to comment
    truly as small minded as you come off

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Ah perfect. That's good news then. Thanks.

Forum Member

Just a tip, I bought cheap knee pads and put them inside on the side that will hit my leg as you march from class to class. My leg was getting bruised up from the binders hitting my leg. When in bunker gear it's not bad, but when in class A pants, it might get annoying. Just something I did, you could probably use a article of clothing, but it's just bulky.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 01-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Just a tip, I bought cheap knee pads and put them inside on the side that will hit my leg as you march from class to class. My leg was getting bruised up from the binders hitting my leg. When in bunker gear it's not bad, but when in class A pants, it might get annoying. Just something I did, you could probably use a article of closing, but it's just bulky.
    Everyone always made fun of me for playing volleyball in highschool. We'll see who's laughing now! I've got knee pads for days! haha
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Finally started to get back to where I was at as far as running after 1 1/2 months of knee problems and there's gonna be a blizzard. -_-
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Question for Military guys... If you are stationed outside of NYC due to deployment and or training during the residency period, can you still claim residency points if your primary address is located in NYC? thanks
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    Question for Military guys... If you are stationed outside of NYC due to deployment and or training during the residency period, can you still claim residency points if your primary address is located in NYC? thanks
    Yes you can..you have to show them your dd214 showing that you joined from NYC and that your address after serving is NYC as well

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Yes you can..you have to show them your dd214 showing that you joined from NYC and that your address after serving is NYC as well
    Thanks very much

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    Yes you can. i was stationed in Japan during the whole residency period. the investigators are very helpful and will work with you. As long as your HOR is in NYC. PM me if have any other questions.about it.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Yes you can. i was stationed in Japan during the whole residency period. the investigators are very helpful and will work with you. As long as your HOR is in NYC. PM me if have any other questions.about it.
    Thanks, I appreciate it

Forum Member

How big of a duffel bag do u need ? What would you be carrying. ?

Forum Member

20inch, maybe a little bigger. Remember, binders, drinks, snacks, and sometimes clothing. Don't get it too big, otherwise it gets annoying.

Forum Member

Will any knee high socks work or are the smart wool ones better? Thanks
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    20inch, maybe a little bigger. Remember, binders, drinks, snacks, and sometimes clothing. Don't get it too big, otherwise it gets annoying.
    They don't require you to buy a specific brand of duffle bag?

Forum Member

They sell one at quarter master, where you pick up your uniforms, I'd just buy that one.

Forum Member

I always heard the one at quartermaster is crap. Whether it is or isn't you won't get a chance to stand idly and look at it while deciding whether or not you want it. At Modell's at least you can stand around and pick whatever one you want. If it's got some annoying logo just color it in with a sharpie or cover it with duct tape.

The right size bag is just enough to carry the absolute essentials (which will be slightly different for everyone). You carry that damn thing everywhere, and a huge one that holds everything under the sun is only going to cause problems.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post

This really depressed me. 2400 total spots and 1500 already taken? I have to be reading this wrong, excuse me if I sound stupid I am really sick and taking lots of nyquil.

what about the recycles? Sorry if this has been asnwered I have been working sick for the past like 10 days non stop and my mind is mush.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 01-02-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information