Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 693 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 193593643683690691692693694695696703743793 ... LastLast
Results 13,841 to 13,860 of 20463
Like Tree7765Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

do we have anyone on the forum in the 1300 or 1400 range that can confirm or deny if they got a letter in the mail
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    The fact that you don't understand the fact that these jobs - FD, PD, D.O.C.
    You aren't a cop and you aren't a firefighter, who are you to speak of the working conditions of either job?

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Yea, some people you just leave alone because they will never get it.
    Great attitude, is that how the DIs operate?

Forum Member

Good show on CNN tonight about the flag put up at the WTC. Check it out if you can.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Got letter to orentation scored 102 on exam. I should rember this from 6019 but do we get to try and pass the cpat at the orientation? Or will we be coming back to do a real attempt another day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You aren't a cop and you aren't a firefighter, who are you to speak of the working conditions of either job?

Great attitude, is that how the DIs operate?
    No, they ride them till they change or quit. I have studying to do, I don't have time for that! LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    No, they ride them till they change or quit.
    This sort of thing doesn't end when you graduate from the fire academy. *from what I've been through so far* your experience as a probie can vary greatly depending on your attitude and comportment. If you have your act together then going to work is still a lot of work and pretty demanding, but it's also just plain awesome. I have fun when I go to work. I work my balls off, but I also enjoy every day. If you have problems though... your house correct them, and that's no fun.

Forum Member

Has anyone emailed and called their investigator a 1000 times to hand in paperwork and keep getting no answer? I can't leave a message because the mailbox is full. I even stopped in after my medical and PPD reading, she wasn't in. All I need is to have everything done and be held up in January because I didn't hand in a notarized letter why I wasn't employed my freshman year of college. I'm calling the extra numbers they gave us at the medical in the morning, if it works out I'll let you guys know.

(For all you about to do your intake interview, do a search on everything you need and bring extra stuff. The more the better. Also, try to turn it what she gives you right away so you don't get lost in the files.)

On a lighter note, who is doing the 9/11 Heroes Run on Randalls Island this weekend or the Tunnels to Towers on Sept 29?! I'll be there rocking my Team Red, White, Blue gear, which is a veterans organization that bonds through training for races and competitions. Check it out!

List # 63X
    CPAT Complete
    Background Waiting to turn paperwork in.....
    Medical Complete
    PYSC Eval 21 September
    Probie School Would be the best Christmas Present ever, hopefully not Christmas in July
    Last edited by JoeNoVowel; 09-04-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Forum Member

Am I the only one in the 102's that didn't receive anything in the mail ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Got letter to orentation scored 102 on exam. I should rember this from 6019 but do we get to try and pass the cpat at the orientation? Or will we be coming back to do a real attempt another day?
    This is just to familiarize yourself with it. You will get a date in the future to take it. Probably about 8 weeks from your orientation.
    Exam #2000
    #10XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    Has anyone emailed and called their investigator a 1000 times to hand in paperwork and keep getting no answer? I can't leave a message because the mailbox is full. I even stopped in after my medical and PPD reading, she wasn't in. All I need is to have everything done and be held up in January because I didn't hand in a notarized letter why I wasn't employed my freshman year of college. I'm calling the extra numbers they gave us at the medical in the morning, if it works out I'll let you guys know.

(For all you about to do your intake interview, do a search on everything you need and bring extra stuff. The more the better. Also, try to turn it what she gives you right away so you don't get lost in the files.)
    I'm in your boat bro...

I go through everything; Investigation, medical, psych.. All with flying colors..

I call my investigator a week after its all done and she goes "Oh yeah, I forgot, You owe such and such"

Well that would have been nice to know 5 months ago. Regardless, I found emailing is useless. Every 6 emails is a 10 word response from her. I found calling around 1pm works best. Probably because they just got back from lunch.

Anything around 9am, don't even bother. They're still enjoying their morning coffee at that point.

I hope you all can sense my frustration. TO EVERYONE WHO JUST GOT CPAT NOTICES START GETTING YOUR PAPERWORK IN LINE NOW!!!! Make it similar to those puzzles in kindergarten where you need to fit the blue square into the square hole, the red star into the red star hole and the green triangle into the green triangular hole. They will have a much easier time deciphering your paperwork that way.
    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 103
    List # - 4XX

Forum Member

Hey, I just got my medical notice but due to religious reasons I had to reschedule. I called immediately and they told me to email CID, so I did, told them my story and all I got back via email was A LETTER WILL BE MAILED TO YOU IN 7 TO 12 DAYS with a notice on the bottom that says DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. Does that mean my request was accepted and I got a new date?
    Thanks, Hope all is going well with everyone else. Stay Positive

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I'm in your boat bro...

I go through everything; Investigation, medical, psych.. All with flying colors..

I call my investigator a week after its all done and she goes "Oh yeah, I forgot, You owe such and such"

Well that would have been nice to know 5 months ago. Regardless, I found emailing is useless. Every 6 emails is a 10 word response from her. I found calling around 1pm works best. Probably because they just got back from lunch.

Anything around 9am, don't even bother. They're still enjoying their morning coffee at that point.

I hope you all can sense my frustration. TO EVERYONE WHO JUST GOT CPAT NOTICES START GETTING YOUR PAPERWORK IN LINE NOW!!!! Make it similar to those puzzles in kindergarten where you need to fit the blue square into the square hole, the red star into the red star hole and the green triangle into the green triangular hole. They will have a much easier time deciphering your paperwork that way.
    Like what else other than residency? I was under 21 so I'm going that route for the residency, but what else would they need from someone who was still living at home throughout this whole process other than transcripts, W-2's and notarized letters?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    This sort of thing doesn't end when you graduate from the fire academy. *from what I've been through so far* your experience as a probie can vary greatly depending on your attitude and comportment. If you have your act together then going to work is still a lot of work and pretty demanding, but it's also just plain awesome. I have fun when I go to work. I work my balls off, but I also enjoy every day. If you have problems though... your house correct them, and that's no fun.
    A instructor was telling us that yesterday. He told us that when you get to the firehouse, your character and work ethic will determine how you will get treated. Also, as a probie, always keep busy!
    FDsouthbxNY and FuDsNmYc like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Am I the only one in the 102's that didn't receive anything in the mail ?
    the last list number for a score of 102 is 1346. Any one else in the 102s not get their packet yet?

Forum Member

Can someone who has recently gone through the process post the list of required docs that we need to have together for the investigator

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmarq View Post
    Got my CPAT in the mail today for the 9/24 or 9/26 ! time to turn it up!!

---------------

on another note should we go in suits and bring gym clothes in a bag?
    I wore a suit sans jacket. You could do that or wear the jacket too if you prefer. That would be my recommendation. You won't be working out at orientation so don't bring gym clothes.

Also for those driving: DON'T park in the academy parking lot that just inside the gate. There's a huge lot right next to the entrance. That's where we park.
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I wore a suit sans jacket. You could do that or wear the jacket too if you prefer. That would be my recommendation. You won't be working out at orientation so don't bring gym clothes.

Also for those driving: DON'T park in the academy parking lot that just inside the gate. There's a huge lot right next to the entrance. That's where we park.
    Just to make sure I'm reading the notice correct--this CPAT orientation letter is referring us to go to Long Island City, not the rock.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Just to make sure I'm reading the notice correct--this CPAT orientation letter is referring us to go to Long Island City, not the rock.
    You guys all got your LIC notices before the invites to the rock? Ah, it was the opposite for us. If the letter you're all talking about is to go to LIC then you don't have to wear a suit. I wore jeans and a polo shirt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    You guys all got your LIC notices before the invites to the rock? Ah, it was the opposite for us. If the letter you're all talking about is to go to LIC then you don't have to wear a suit. I wore jeans and a polo shirt.

I think the newsletter that was sent out last week said we'll get our invites to the rock on the 6th.

Forum Member

For the CPAT orientation and then training at the rock, you don't have to be dressed up whatsoever. that comes first as far as I know that's how it was for us earlier in the year. You go there, you pick days you want to go, and start going on those days and training. then somewhere during that time, you get notified to go to LIC for an orientation on the ACTUAL physical; they show you the course. I didn't go to that; i only went to the rock.

Then, you get 3 chances at passing the physical in LIC. 2 practice chances which count if you pass, and then the 3rd and final try.

Like i said before, they start CPAT training at the rock to coincide with when they think you will be doing the actual physical.

Once you get these initial letters about CPAT training you'll most likely get your packets in the mail to start the process. I got mine in February and missed the July class so there are a alot of guys who have passed every step and are waiting to be called for the run come January. Chances are, unless your number is fairly low, if you have not gotten your packet yet you won't make January class unless somehow there are hundreds of people who fail the run or aren't squared away by now which is sad if you are one of them lol.

Thread Information