Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 695 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 195595645685692693694695696697698705745795 ... LastLast
Results 13,881 to 13,900 of 23379
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    Is this in LIC? they give you 2 dates in case you can't make one of them and it's all optional you don't have to go. if you do go i'd get there early as i would get to anything that you have to do for the fdny early
    Yeah the LIC one, that's great to know I can go to the 21st one and not take a day off from work.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    Hey, I just got my medical notice but due to religious reasons I had to reschedule. I called immediately and they told me to email CID, so I did, told them my story and all I got back via email was A LETTER WILL BE MAILED TO YOU IN 7 TO 12 DAYS with a notice on the bottom that says DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. Does that mean my request was accepted and I got a new date?
    Thanks, Hope all is going well with everyone else. Stay Positive

Yea same here. I'm in Ohio wrapping up a project and wont be back til the 6th or 9th. Mine was scheduled for the 23rd of August. Last month I sent them an email and received the same automatic response. 2 weeks later got my new medical date (Sept 12th).

Forum Member

hey any guys from 6019 - actually any past list that either got timed out or ruled invalid in court - that has recently gone through the process again or going through it now, does anybody know if our records are kept on file at metro tech? i pay cash for utilities and rent (live with family), don't own a credit card, so, like 5 years ago, i can't provide three documents proving my residency, so i just want to be reminded about what proofs i used last time because they were accepted by CID and was qualified for appointment before the whole nightmare started.

Forum Member

Do we need to call in order to update contact information?
    List 2000
    No points
    Score: 99
    #4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    They've been pretty strict with the residency stuff so if its not in the writing it may be hard to use. At the same time they do state that other documents are accepted provided the investigator says its good to use. So nothing could hurt. But as I said before; organize the SH*T out of that folder with all your documents in it. Mine was as organized as it could have been and she still messed up. Color code it, I'm serious LOL. Good luck bro, grats on the CPAT stuff.
    Haha I didn't even get one yet I have a while. Just wanna make sure I have everything ready to go before I get anything.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Good show on CNN tonight about the flag put up at the WTC. Check it out if you can.
    I saw part of this, it was very interesting. I found it insane that they wanted to change the ethnicity of the three firefighters in the statue commemorating the raising of the flag at the WTC site. It's unreal that they wanted to rewrite an important moment in history just to make it look more diverse.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Do we need to call in order to update contact information?
    I did. I recently moved and notified DCAS in writing and then called FD and also notified them over the phone (718) 999-3369. For DCAS I sent a letter to the following:

Dept. Of Citywide Administrative Services
    Certification Division
    1 Centre Street, 21st Fl. South
    New York, NY 10007

About a week or two later I got a letter back from DCAS confirming my updated contact info.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I saw part of this, it was very interesting. I found it insane that they wanted to change the ethnicity of the three firefighters in the statue commemorating the raising of the flag at the WTC site. It's unreal that they wanted to rewrite an important moment in history just to make it look more diverse.
    And 12 years later look where we are for the sake of "diversity"...But anyway the ending was really cool with all the probies from the January class carrying the flags at the parade.
    Last edited by mocon337; 09-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

So the e-mail that is going out tomorrow for the next round of candidates, is that e-mail going to be the same as the orientation letter we received in the mail or is that going to be about something else.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Yea same here. I'm in Ohio wrapping up a project and wont be back til the 6th or 9th. Mine was scheduled for the 23rd of August. Last month I sent them an email and received the same automatic response. 2 weeks later got my new medical date (Sept 12th).
    Ok that's great news, hopefully its the same thing for me. I just don't want it to be looked over somehow and I miss my medical on that note but if your saying it worked for you I guess im in the clear. Thanks a lot

Forum Member

And 12 years later look where we are for the sake of "diversity"...But anyway the ending was really cool with all the probies from the January class carrying the flags at the parade.
    That should be an email coming from the FDNY about training sessions at the rock... Should be

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    That should be an email coming from the FDNY about training sessions at the rock... Should be
    Huh??? Don't get my hopes up man! I have like a while before I get anything haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

does anyone know if they take your blood again when you have to retake the stairmaster part? also what is the process for retake?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Nothing yet, am I the only one refreshing their e-mail every 5 minutes lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Nothing yet, am I the only one refreshing their e-mail every 5 minutes lol.
    I sit at work and refresh this site every 10-15 min. And I'm probably not going to hear anything until late next year at the earliest.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Huh??? Don't get my hopes up man! I have like a while before I get anything haha.
    Dude Im so sorry, I clicked to quote tom from queens, not sure why your quote came up instead.

Hey guys i got a question. I have my first (hopefully my only) medical next week. I've been hitting the stairmaster with a 50lb vest on and have gone from 4 min up to 7 min 3 seconds in only 2 weeks. I THINK im doing fine. However, im actually hitting the stairs every 3 days. As in Mondays and then again on thursdays. So like twice a week and have still made progress.

But How often do u guys stair train? Is it good to do it every day or every other day. Becuz im thinkin about hitting it EVERYDAY for the next 4 days and give myself a 2 day rest b4 the medical. Is this a good idea? Or will i kill myself lol?

If not for my job and this project in ohio, i would have started training with the vest at least a month earlier, but i dont think 7 minutes is too bad for only 2 weeks training. But since im back 4 good, i wanna do it EVERY DAY. Just wanna know if its a good idea.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Hey guys i got a question. I have my first (hopefully my only) medical next week. I've been hitting the stairmaster with a 50lb vest on and have gone from 4 min up to 7 min 3 seconds in only 2 weeks. I THINK im doing fine. However, im actually hitting the stairs every 3 days. As in Mondays and then again on thursdays. So like twice a week and have still made progress.

But How often do u guys stair train? Is it good to do it every day or every other day. Becuz im thinkin about hitting it EVERYDAY for the next 4 days and give myself a 2 day rest b4 the medical. Is this a good idea? Or will i kill myself lol?
    I don't know if id over train that much. Think of it this way. At the pace you're at now no matter what you wont have a problem passing the stairs on the 2nd attempt. And since 90% of everyone fails the first attempt anyway why risk blowing your knee out or spraining an ankle? I don't think doing stairs with weight everyday is gonna be the difference in going over your heart rate, seems to be much more about staying calm and not have a resting HR that's too low.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I do the stairs 2-4x a week. It really depends on my schedule, this week I'll only be able to do it twice, last week I went 4x. But I'm happy with 3x a week.
    List # 11xx

Thread Information