Like Tree9854Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    As far as I know, it's under 13 and passing all other BARE MINIMUMS on the initial physical fitness test will keep you out of remedial. By the end of the academy, you have to run the same 1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes.

I don't know you so I'm not going to assume anything, but I think the majority of the guys in the candidate pool and those OTJ will tell you, you do not want to be the guy scraping by with the minimums.

Remedial is not the kiss of the death, it means the FDNY has given you opportunity to better yourself and to become a more physically fit probie.
    I think he was trying to clarify if the 13 minute requirement also reflects on if you will be on remedial once the academy starts, or if there is another test once you get to the academy that decides that. I assumed that there is a second mile and a half running test. Regardless, I plan on running as fast as I can for the first run.

Forum Member

The first run (13 min.) is to get into the academy, the second run (12 min.) is for remedial purposes only. The second run also consists of the push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    The first run (13 min.) is to get into the academy, the second run (12 min.) is for remedial purposes only. The second run also consists of the push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    What are the push-up, sit-up, and pull-up requirements for a male age 21 to 29? Or is it the same for all age groups?

Forum Member

Same for all groups, I think it's 30 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, and 4 pull-ups. Not sure though.....
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 01-05-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Forum Member

Quick question for anyone else who is attending tomorrow's orientation, what is the expected dress code? Business casual or workout gear? And good luck to everyone who is running this week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    since when does the city reimburse you for tolls?
    I think you mean that you can write it off on your taxes
    As long as you pay cash and get receipts you can get reimbursed. I have been getting checks for random amounts every few months since after the academy ended.

Physical requirements: Run is under 13 to be hired, under 12 to avoid remedial.
    Other stuff: It's 30 pushups at their cadence (1 second down, 1 second up), 30 situps in 1 minute, and at least 4 pull ups. If you fail any you will go to remedial. If you fail the 2nd run you'll be remedial for the duration of the academy. If you fail 1 of the other tests, depending on how badly you fail it they may let you fail out of remedial after a few weeks (that was what happened to me). Remedial is honestly not the end of the world. It's definitely tough to add in another workout 2 days a week when the days are already very long, but you got a good varied workout with a lot more 1 on 1 instruction with the PT staff, really not the worst thing in the world.

Forum Member

so after you run the run, assuming you pass it, what is next? you get the formal job offer? what else happens on the run day, is it an all day affair? and when does the "first day" start? swearing in? or day one of probe school?

thanks
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    so after you run the run, assuming you pass it, what is next? you get the formal job offer? what else happens on the run day, is it an all day affair? and when does the "first day" start? swearing in? or day one of probe school?

thanks
    You will get the formal job offer letter, and you should get a reading schedule for the first 2 weeks along with paper copies of the probie books. The people there and the letter should be fill you in on when you are showing up next (business suit day, 1 week before the official start).
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

All this talk reminds me of my first day, I was so nervous. LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Does anyone have any insight into whether or not this class will get beyond 388 on the OC? My thoughts are starting to look grim.
    I think we'll know after Tuesday. That's when the first run is. And I think once they see how many they get from the first run, they will send out letters for the 15th. That's just my guess though.

Forum Member

I'm worried that the course for the run will be frozen over with the weather we are having. My girlfriend said, "what happens if you fall?" I said, well, I'll get up and keep going."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I'm worried that the course for the run will be frozen over with the weather we are having. My girlfriend said, "what happens if you fall?" I said, well, I'll get up and keep going."
    I hope you feel better chad and good luck tomorrow .....I hope you don't fall but if you do. Don't let the pacer take a big lead !!!

Forum Member

The run is on the 7th, I keep seeing people saying the wrong day and it was wigging me out. Haha

Thanks, Danny. I'm feeling better each day, which is nice. I'm thinking I'll be 100% on Tuesday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    The run is on the 7th, I keep seeing people saying the wrong day and it was wigging me out. Haha

Thanks, Danny. I'm feeling better each day, which is nice. I'm thinking I'll be 100% on Tuesday.
    Same here...i keep thinking im going to miss the day...i had to double check that letter to make sure

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Does anyone have any insight into whether or not this class will get beyond 388 on the OC? My thoughts are starting to look grim.
    I think they will. If you look at the July class they didn't even think they were going to touch the the OC list and they appointed up to 102. There are less EMS promos and PH(who are on their first try) then last time. Then you have the recycles for medical/physical/academic reasons that some may ot return or be ready to return. I hope I'm right because I can't wrap my mind around waitng another 7 months.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Same here...i keep thinking im going to miss the day...i had to double check that letter to make sure
    When I saw what danny wrote I thought I messed up my days and had to go check my letter as well
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuDsNmYc View Post
    I think they will. If you look at the July class they didn't even think they were going to touch the the OC list and they appointed up to 102. There are less EMS promos and PH(who are on their first try) then last time. Then you have the recycles for medical/physical/academic reasons that some may ot return or be ready to return. I hope I'm right because I can't wrap my mind around waitng another 7 months.
    Same here man.. It would be the longest 7 months of my life...

The way I see it, they need to hire 64 more PH's to abide by the hiring quota.
    Then another 70 recycles? (not sure if that's accurate or too generous)
    Which is about 134 people. Let's round it to 150 to make it easy and account for if I'm undercutting.

They still need another 170 candidates from the OC list to fill the class. They've called from 102-388 (we believe). If the ratio they get is 1:3, that's 95 candidates they'll get leaving them still 75 people short of a full class... Unless I'm missing something or underestimating recycles I feel like they'll NEED to go deeper into the OC list..

And I apologize for the speculation, I know alot of guys OTJ say "just be patient..." but this helps me sleep at night, lol.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    They still need another 170 candidates from the OC list to fill the class. They've called from 102-388 (we believe). If the ratio they get is 1:3, that's 95 candidates they'll get leaving them still 75 people short of a full class...
    Im only saying this because it keeps coming up and its going to throw off everyone's numbers..When the department says 3:1 ratio they mean a ratio!....Starting to feel like an ******* tho so sry...

A 1:3 ratio is 1 out of 4 people not 1 out of 3(again sry i played poker for a living for a year and always thought in ratios)

102-388 gives you 72 and leaves you with 95 people short according to your guesses.

HOPE WE ALL GET IN THIS **** DRIVING ME CRAZY TOO

Forum Member

As per an email I recevied the hiring ratio is closer to 2:1 this go round

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    If some one doesn't answer their letter and they are at the top of the list, can they decide they want the job like 2 years down the line?
    If someone doesn't answer the letter then I think they are done... Im pretty sure they have to answer the letter atleast and defer to a future academy if they don't want the job right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    What email said that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Im only saying this because it keeps coming up and its going to throw off everyone's numbers..When the department says 3:1 ratio they mean a ratio!....Starting to feel like an ******* tho so sry...

A 1:3 ratio is 1 out of 4 people not 1 out of 3(again sry i played poker for a living for a year and always thought in ratios)

102-388 gives you 72 and leaves you with 95 people short according to your guesses.

HOPE WE ALL GET IN THIS **** DRIVING ME CRAZY TOO
    Hence why I'm an art major, haha.

Thanks for the clarification.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

So, I was going to shave my head, but decided just to cut it short. I already had a neat looking head of hair, just cleaned it up and trimmed it close. I figure I'd do this just so I don't look like a cue ball for the next few weeks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    What email said that?
    ??? What email is this ???

Thread Information