Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 697 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 197597647687694695696697698699700707747797 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,940 of 23841
Like Tree9325Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Got the e-mail. Is this meeting at the Rock completely different from the LIC meeting ?

Also I just signed up for the Saturday the 21st meeting at 12:00pm and when the confirmation page came up it said its the 21st at 6:00pm. I signed up for the Saturday at 12 because I have the LIC meeting at 8:00pm.
    Yes, it's different, at LIC it's more of a walk through of the course. I highly encourage you to go, just to get the jist of it, and find out where to go and park.
    The Rock is a training session, you will actually do the actual course for training. It's not setup like LIC cause it is outside. So dress accordingly....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Got the e-mail. Is this meeting at the Rock completely different from the LIC meeting ?

Also I just signed up for the Saturday the 21st meeting at 12:00pm and when the confirmation page came up it said its the 21st at 6:00pm. I signed up for the Saturday at 12 because I have the LIC meeting at 8:00pm.
    Don't worry about the time they gave you. Just show up to the time you wanted to go, they will not turn you away. Most people don't take advantage of these sessions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Don't worry about the time they gave you. Just show up to the time you wanted to go, they will not turn you away. Most people don't take advantage of these sessions.
    Does it matter which one you do first ?

I have the rock scheduled for Saturday 8am and LIC for 3pm same day.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Got the email #10xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post

Definitely rock first.

LIC is purely DCAS. You don't have to show up an hour early like anything with FDNY, though it doesn't hurt because they'll take you when you show up and get you out of there sooner.
    Jackooze likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post

It does not matter what you do first. Just go to both. They are both tools to help you familiarize yourself with the course. The lic one is run by dcas and it just goes over the stations with you. The one at the Rock is to do the same as Dcas plus, assist you with training and hands on tips.
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    According to the math that I've done, these are my projections:

3:1 Ratio 4:1 Ratio
    Class 2-13 94 Class 2-13 94
    Class 1-14 1054 Class 1-14 1374
    Class 2-14 2014 Class 2-14 2654
    Class 1-15 2974 Class 1-15 3934
    Class 2-15 3934 Class 2-15 5214
    Class 1-16 4894 Class 1-16 6494
    Class 2-16 5854 Class 2-16 7774

From the last I saw, they reached list #94 on the current class. I'm probably way off in these numbers, but this was a nice way to burn 10 minutes in the office. Please feel free to chime in and pick this apart, I'm bored as it is.
    Ok a few things that might help ... The list is good till June 26 2017 so you can add one or two more classes. My opinion with the ratio is that as classes go by the ratio goes up so by 2017 the ratio should be way higher than 1:3 or 1:4 I'd say the least 1:6
    Last edited by Dannypanigale; 09-07-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Ok a few things that might help ... The list is good till June 26 2017 so you can add one or two more classes. My opinion with the ratio is that as classes go by the ratio goes up so by 2017 the ratio should be way higher than 1:3 or 1:4 I'd say the least 1:6
    ratio will def be closer to 1:3. historically it is around there. 1:6 is def not happening.

do they let you actually practice the stations at LIC or do you just get to look at them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    ratio will def be closer to 1:3. historically it is around there. 1:6 is def not happening.
    Historically, yes, but you have to consider that in the past they did the written and fitness test to determine scores. The guys at the top of the list were all pretty much in shape but nowadays, just because you got a 102 on the exam with residency points doesn't mean you're going to walk in the door and pass the CPAT and run. A lot of us here are really into working out, but you'd be amazed how many people wait until they get a letter to start running or assume that adrenaline will get them through it.

Ask any agency that uses the 40% cooper standard for fitness tests (29 pushups, 38 situps, 12:38 1.5 mile run for males under 30). While it's not the exact same thing, probably about 50% of people who walk in the door to take it don't pass. We won't really know the projected ratio until they go through more OC candidates.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Historically, yes, but you have to consider that in the past they did the written and fitness test to determine scores. The guys at the top of the list were all pretty much in shape but nowadays, just because you got a 102 on the exam with residency points doesn't mean you're going to walk in the door and pass the CPAT and run. A lot of us here are really into working out, but you'd be amazed how many people wait until they get a letter to start running or assume that adrenaline will get them through it.

Ask any agency that uses the 40% cooper standard for fitness tests (29 pushups, 38 situps, 12:38 1.5 mile run for males under 30). While it's not the exact same thing, probably about 50% of people who walk in the door to take it don't pass. We won't really know the projected ratio until they go through more OC candidates.
    I agree with you ... And I said 1:6 to don't sound crazy but I have a feeling it would get further than that. We can't compare to past tests and we cant confirm anything with this new test neither we just have to wait out and see ... By July 2014 class we should have a better idea since that would be the first class with full oc if I'm not mistaking

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I agree with you ... And I said 1:6 to don't sound crazy but I have a feeling it would get further than that. We can't compare to past tests and we cant confirm anything with this new test neither we just have to wait out and see ... By July 2014 class we should have a better idea since that would be the first class with full oc if I'm not mistaking
    Ya never know... By 2017, 6 years will have gone by since the application period opened up... I would imagine a lot of people will no longer be in good enough shape, have lost interest, new careers, etc...

Forum Member

what is the dress code for the first information session at the rock? i am going on the 19th.
    They say that the actual program is to begin the week of sept 23rd. The dress code for that will be athletic? Confused : /
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    what is the dress code for the first information session at the rock? i am going on the 19th.
    They say that the actual program is to begin the week of sept 23rd. The dress code for that will be athletic? Confused : /
    From the way it sounds three first session at the rock sounds more like an information session and nothing too hands on. The email said you needed clearance from your physician before doing the CPAT practice and that the practice starts the week of the 23rd. All these initial meeting dates are before the 23rd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    Information session khakis and polo is fine. There were people in jeans and stuff but don't look like a bum

Forum Member

So I after a few emails , I eventually got a call from CID and got my medical rescheduled. They said they don't have any open dates currently, I'm guessing for the month of september, So I should be taking it early october and hopefully get my psych letter by then too and I'll be all done, just need to drop off a few more things to my investigator and hope for the best

Forum Member

Just hope that you get in before they settle the new contract. Im sure it will contain givebacks that will be screwing over the unborn (us)

Forum Member

With this list, as with anything in life, a lot can happen and/or change over six months or a years time. Circumstances change. Plans change. So, take it one day at a time. Take care of business today and when tomorrow comes, do it all again. Take advantage of opportunities to learn and improve. Before you know it, hopefully, the FDNY will be calling you and as time seems to fly by, you'll not only be a well trained probationary firefighter, but you'll become an expert at listening well, at a variety of household "chores" and adept at cleaning tools and other equipment, as you continue to train and learn about the trade of being a firefighter.

The variables that go into how many people get hired are many. One of the major variables are the people on the list and the different levels of desire, effort and preparation people put forth for all facets of the hiring process. It seems to me that there is vary little one can do in predicting what's going to happen with hiring. I never would have thought that many of us would have gone from being a several weeks away from being hired to still waiting nearly five years later. But here we are. Keeping up pushing forward and never give up.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and USMC2024 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    So I after a few emails , I eventually got a call from CID and got my medical rescheduled. They said they don't have any open dates currently, I'm guessing for the month of september, So I should be taking it early october and hopefully get my psych letter by then too and I'll be all done, just need to drop off a few more things to my investigator and hope for the best
    Out of curiosity what's your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Just hope that you get in before they settle the new contract. Im sure it will contain givebacks that will be screwing over the unborn (us)
    Is all you think about $$ and hours? You are trying for all the wrong reasons.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    With this list, as with anything in life, a lot can happen and/or change over six months or a years time. Circumstances change. Plans change. So, take it one day at a time. Take care of business today and when tomorrow comes, do it all again. Take advantage of opportunities to learn and improve. Before you know it, hopefully, the FDNY will be calling you and as time seems to fly by, you'll not only be a well trained probationary firefighter, but you'll become an expert at listening well, at a variety of household "chores" and adept at cleaning tools and other equipment, as you continue to train and learn about the trade of being a firefighter.

The variables that go into how many people get hired are many. One of the major variables are the people on the list and the different levels of desire, effort and preparation people put forth for all facets of the hiring process. It seems to me that there is vary little one can do in predicting what's going to happen with hiring. I never would have thought that many of us would have gone from being a several weeks away from being hired to still waiting nearly five years later. But here we are. Keeping up pushing forward and never give up.
    Very inspiring. Well said. Thumbs up brother!

Thread Information